1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours January '22 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jan 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

At least one team has a new player for Saturday...

Everton have completed the signing of Scotland right-back Nathan Patterson from Rangers on a five-and-a-half-year deal.

2. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

Just because he isn't Greaves doesn't mean he lacks the potential to be a success for us.

He's young. Got some good attributes but I think all our back 4 would be more consistent with an experienced leader at the back. None are exactly what you'd call seasoned at championship level - that said our goals against isn't the real issue this term. It's the other box we're desperately lacking. Goals conceded is mid- table - suggesting they're doing a job despite the inexperience. Last I looked anyway.

Not only that, but if the 'new' philosophy is 3 at the back then we need more than 4 centre halves in the squad anyway, so there's room for a couple of additions in that position.

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

First one to be confirmed as not true.

4. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

It's a lot cheaper to bring in a quality CB though than it is a quality striker. We're lacking goals and we also aren't. The last 8 we've not struggled as we've scored 11 but clearly it was our lack of goals in the other 16 which mean we're at the bottom of the scoring charts. We clearly need a forward but January is always a really difficult time to bring one in. I'm sure we'll bring in an attacker or 2 but we might have to be creative and also patient

4 CBs is absolutely fine for a back 3 when we also have Elder & Coyle who probably suit the L/R CB role more than they do wingback. I'm pretty interested to watch Coyle at RCB, I think he could do really well there

5. Shark Sports

That one seemed the most far fetched!

Reynolds is going to Anderlecht too so that's another off the list

6. Mckechnie Orange

Coyle and Elder are wide player's with a different set of attributes to centre halves

If we bring in an experienced one we won't be overloaded - especially considering Jones absence.

Until this takeover happens its likely that therell be 2 sets of target lists and its difficult to estimate budget and which waters we'll be fishing in this January.

All we can do atm is wait and see.

Gone For A Walk likes this.
  7. Shark Sports

But the wide CB positions are almost fullbacks and cover the channels which would 'usually' be a full backs job. It's not a strange transition at all and we've seen people like Kyle Walker play there more than adequately. Elder was playing well there in the half he played too, it suited his skill set.

It also gives us the option in the squad to be able to switch to a back 4 which is a necessity too. And if you go with 5 CBs, whoever is 5th choice is barely going to play, it just seems overkill. And if you do go with 5 CBs you don't want a young kid that far down the pecking order, you want an old pro. All young players need to play to develop.

The takeovers done, we're awaiting the formalities from the EFL. With the way it's gone I can't imagine much time would have been wasted planning for an Allam owned transfer window. It's not like we could bring in an experienced CB on that budget anyway

8. Mckechnie Orange

We could have but chose to sign a load of midfielders that don't make the squad instead.

I see Bernard as a prospect and thi k he will develop at this level, so I'd make him permanent personally, and bring in an experienced head as well as we won't be overloaded with centre backs from doing so. I don't see it as a case of one or the other.

I also expect a striker and cover at DM and fullback.

Don't think it's unreasonable to expect 3 or 4 incoming and our playing squad is currently at minimum numbers anyway.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    Gone For A Walk likes this.
  9. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

They already had a new left back who'll likely play on the weekend.

10. UMC

UMC Active Member

Incoming players. Seems we are linked with every Turkish player who could not make the squad or gas limited time in every other premier team in Europe that is why their agents are rushing to the uk to secure a deal for players who add nothing to the squad.

11. Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR

Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR Well-Known Member

Hope he brings Bengals Tiger too! Is Quill OK these days?

12. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Quill's too busy with his podcast these days! Although think I saw him on here the other day.

13. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

14. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Brighton might be recalling a number of players they have out on loan this January. I only hope that doesn’t include Longman, he’s really stepped up his performances.

15. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

ATM they are happy with him here, that's not to say things can't change

GLP and MingofHarlem78 like this.
  16. Stockholm Tiger

Stockholm Tiger Well-Known Member

What's his podcast called/about?

17. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

See the thread right down to the 2 min video. Shows what a good player he is and unfortunately how he will for sure be in demand. And the vid doesn't even include his belter the other week.

Des Head likes this.
  18. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Potter gave an interview in the local rag. Suggested they are monitoring he Covid situation with regards to current players at the club.

19. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

I've heard of He-Man but not he Covid.

20. JoelTheTiger

JoelTheTiger Well-Known Member

Brighton loaned out Aaron Connolly to Middlesbrough the other day who’s played a lot more first team football than Longman so would be disappointing if Longman was the one recalled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.