1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic F1

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Nads, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

The middle one actually is Tel.

3. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Nads likes this.
  4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

It's not my problem that he dresses like a buffoon, I just think it's funny. And a little embarrassing for him.

5. cronemeister

Well that was an interesting race! Was all looking good for a fight to the finish between Vettel and Hamilton and then the ****ing stewards go and ruin it!! When it happened at the time I was convinced that Vettel knew what he was doing and that he would be penalised...having seen all the replays etc I'm now not that convinced. I can see why they penalised him as there are rules there that dictate what should happen, but this is why these rules need looking at. They can't be applied to every part of every race track around the world. As Martin Brundle said in post race show, if Vettel had ran wide at the hairpin at turn 10 and then cut back across the track forcing Hamilton off he should be penalised and rightly so. I really don't think he had full control of his car when he came back on the track, and by the time he managed to get things pointing in the right place Hamilton had already had to back out. I'm sure had he had the time he would have eased off and gone up the inside as Vettel came back on the track. Vettel of course could have taken the decision to give Lewis the place and would have therefore been less likely to receive a penalty for failing to lose a place and they could have raced to the finish. So many ifs and buts which are so easy to offer up with hindsight...wrong decision for me......very wrong and it DID completely ruin the race for everyone watching on TV not to mention the people who paid good money to be there in person.

Nads and farnboromackem like this.
  6. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

what a cheating twat Vettle is, toys out of the pram twat wants banning for 5 G.P.s

haslam and Gil T Azell like this.
  7. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

The tantrum Vettel threw was just to cover up the fact that he made another error under pressure, which is why he was on the grass in the first place. I think the stewards were right, as it was Hamilton who created an advantage by pressuring Vettel, only for Vettel to deny it by forcing to him slam on the anchors. That's what decides it for me. Not whether Vettel acted deliberately, but the fact that by careering across the track he covered up his mistake.

8. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I didn’t think the decision was right, he was battling to control the car, but he deserved the loss for his petulance.

If he’d kept his nerve, like a great would have, he had a faster car and could have opened up 5 seconds.

He can’t hack the pressure, and that’s why he will never beat Lewis.

Ferrari need a monster driver, a Verstappen maybe. Cost them a few quid mind...

Gil T Azell and Makemstine Roger like this.
  9. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Leclerc looks like he could be pretty handy with another year or two under his belt.

Vettel is an odd one. He won 4 titles whilst still pretty young, that's nuts! He looks a long way away from that now, I reckon he just thinks about it all too much. Back when he was first winning (and looking great) I don't think he felt the pressure, not sure that we're going to see that Vettel again now.

10. cronemeister

Vettel has been very flaky since his home GP last season. I don't think there's been a race since where he hasn't made a mistake. Hamilton on the other hand has been pretty faultless up until last weekend where he stuck it in the wall. Thankfully it was only in practice and not at a time when it mattered. There are definitely cracks in Vettel now, i just hope Red Bull sort their game out so that Max can give him a good run for his money....hopefully by that time Mercedes and Hamiton will be well on their way to their respective titles this season. Unless Ferrari roll out some new toys for the boys I can't see them having any luck until we go to Spa and Monza.

Makemstine Roger likes this.

11. Expat-Cat

Expat-Cat Well-Known Member

Pity about the nature of the penalty. The 5 seconds left Hamilton able to follow round just out of the turbulence, no real incentive to try to get past.

When someone gains a place by cutting a corner, they have to let the other driver past. If they could have done this (told Vettel to move over) then we could have seen him chasing Hamilton and try to re-pass him. Would at least have left a bit of "bite" in the race...

12. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

People overlook just how good the Red Bull was when Vettel won a lot of early races.

That car was a rocket.

13. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Oh that car was the biggest advantage any car has been in the last two decades. If you put all the competitors in the same car then Hamilton would win currently in the same way that Schumacher would have won for about 10 years in a row. Vettel had the stand out best car, he still needed insane reflexes to be able to drive it though and nerves to not not worry about the pressure that can come from having the best car and being expected to repeat victories - 4 titles in a row is pretty fantastic. Honestly don't think he could do it now even if he had a similarly good car, his nerves simply aren't what they were.

Makemstine Roger and Nads like this.
  14. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I think driving for Ferrari, with them having struggled a bit since Schumacher, there’s too much pressure to not make a mistake, that’s gone the other way, took away his edge, and trying to be flawless has brought errors.

They need a change there cos he’s never beating Lewis.

Some great young talent, including Le Clerc, his seats gotta be at risk for me.

15. Makemstine Roger

Adrian Newey he is a god of a designer, after he left McClaren for Red Bull they went to ****

Nads likes this.
  16. cronemeister

Its the same when someone fails to lose a place as well, which is the case here. If merc felt that Ferrari were a bit hard done by they could have taken the decision to be sporting and backed off more than 5 seconds on the condition that LeClerc didn't challenge Lewis for 2nd. It's not their decision to make regardless of whether they agreed with it or not and this is racing and they are all there for the same reason....to WIN ! It is kinda wrong that the guy who crossed the line first isn't the winner. It's a similar feeling when a driver wins the world championship in a race but doesn't finish 1st....it just feels weird and a bit wrong.

The papers are all over Vettel for it like so he's getting a fair bit of heat now for his antics post race. The facts are that Hamilton pushed him into a mistake, Vettel probably couldn't do a lot about it in his defence but if his place in the team is likely to be at risk you're gonna try every tactic in the book I guess. Max was all over Hamilton for a large portion of the last race in Monaco. Less high-speed circuit but no less intense, probably the opposite infact with all the hype, glitz and glamour....we all saw what happens at that race when you drive faultlessley and position your car in the right way and use the tools that are available to you behind the wheel. I'd love to see some real racing but nobody else seems to want to come to the party sadly, and I'm including Bottas in that statement as well. People who keep saying that Merc are racing away with it and killing it need look no further than the Finn. Same car, same engine, same everything apart from the bloke pressing the pedals. I'm pretty sure if you put Hamilton in the Red Bull or the Ferrari he'd still be up there and doing a better job than Max/Pierre and Seb/Charles.

Nads likes this.
  17. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree mate. Lewis wins because he’s a genuine racer, the car is a part of it of course but the car isn’t as fast as Sebs.

I only think Verstappen and Ricciardo are close to Lewis as our and our drivers, some good young lads like le Clerc and Norris but they need a couple more years.

I’d love to see Verstappen having a car equal to Lewis and see them 2 racing it would be fantastic, hopefully Red Bull pick it up.

The Renault are coming as well, they will be closer every race and strong next season.

cronemeister likes this.
  18. Makemstine Roger

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TQAR-nx4w88" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gordon Armstrong likes this.
  19. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

20. Makemstine Roger

dresses like a div,shame so much talent , he really needs some help choosing his gear cos his taste in clothes is just crap

farnboromackem likes this.