1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Euro 2016 - Discussion Thread.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TheBear, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Smirnoffpriest

Smirnoffpriest Well-Known Member

The amount of space russia is giving ramsey, bale & allen is ridiculous. Nice to see ramsey showing his full talent for wales coz he's been excellent tonight

2. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Disappointing for England. Finishing was not good enough but they thoroughly dominated.

Slovakia played 11 men behind the ball - was a weird game.

3. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

It was bizarre as Slovakia didn't even bother, which was frustrating to watch. But it's obvious that England have the attacking quality to cause everyone some damage. When they play a more adventurous team, thwn we will see England score. This is the best England team I've seen in ages and is very dangerous.

TheBear likes this.
  4. Smirnoffpriest

I am still ****ing ECSTATIC at tonights result!
    But i still think that England will go further than us and should have little problem Austria or Hungary

5. lazarus20000

The way England are playing, both teams have little to no chance of beating them. They don't have the firepower to make a dent.

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

England's lack of goals is a serious concern. It's like watching Arsenal on those frustrating days where we dominate possession, but cannot finish.

7. TheBear

Yup, strange though when you think about it. Only 2-3 years ago Englands problem was they couldn't keep the ball well enough.

8. lazarus20000

I wouldn't be too worried. Remember that all three teams were defending deep against us and that certain players (Spurs) are a little jaded. But we do have a suprisingly deep strike force that should score more when things open up. Vardy has looked very quick and dangerous and Sturridge is going through the gears. Only Harry is a concern whether he can get his sharpness back. Maybe being dropped to the bench would help.

We have enough depth in our squad to keep us consistently dangerous. Gone are the days when we relied heavily on certain players, we now have options.

9. lazarus20000

Looks like we're facing the mighty Iceland and their mighty wall of ice. They are defensively well drilled but we really should have too much firepower for them. We need to revert to a traditional English tactical formation and hit them with speed and power. No pussy footing around with 50 passes, use the Vardy and Sturridge to hit them with pace and direct balls from Alli, Wilshere etc.

10. TheBear

Happy with that to be fair. Iceland are a big athletic side but technically not on the same level.

Wouldn't go back to a 442 though - Been playing well. We just need to improve in front of goal.

11. Smirnoffpriest

I loved it on the BBC - Rio was worrying about facing Portugal and then him and Murphy were celebrating drawing Iceland (so much for the British Broadcasting Corp), then Henry pointed out that he shouldn't get so cocky as this Iceland team have drawn against group winners Hungary, beaten dark horses Austria and drawn against the Portugal team Rio was fearing.

12. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

France or Ireland will be waiting if we beat Iceland. France haven't impressed me at all so far but I suspect they'll do enough to get to at least the semis

13. lazarus20000

We really should go far as neither Iceland or France are standout teams, until of course we meet Germany or Italy/Spain. Not winning the group has seriously backfired as the other side of the knockouts, baring Croatia, is beatable.

14. TheBear

France are dangerous for sure. Payet and Pogba will cause us problems. (but I don't see them beating the likes of Germany)

I feel Harry Kane needs to find some form if we are to progress.

15. Smirnoffpriest

I'd pick France over you lot most days of the week sorry guys, a lot more settled side and they look like they can finish their chances. Their midfield is more dangerous as well imo (though Englands midfield is very good).

16. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Only really properly looked at the actual KO draw round of 16 this morning and the two halves are bizarrely imbalanced. All the traditional big hitters are in our half of the draw. Wales actually have a vague chance of getting to the final. Their half is probably between Belgium and Croatia as favourites making the final though. In our half could be anyone of Italy, Germany, Spain or France.

17. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

18. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

19. Smirnoffpriest

Weirdly switzerland seem to be the only team who want to win it. Especially after that incredible goal. Poland seem to have given up and settled for pens.

(How no one has been sent off though!)

20. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

One of the worst penalties I've ever seen