1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Euro 2016 - Discussion Thread.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TheBear, Jun 2, 2016.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Get in <magic> !!!

2. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

So **** to throw it away at the end like that, wtf hart is doing and Ali was it on the line? So annoying.

3. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

It was Smalling, just watched the ball float in

Usual **** against an awful Russia team

afcftw likes this.
  4. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Soo unlucky. England played very well to be fair.

5. straycat_67

straycat_67 Well-Known Member

Typical!!! thought Kane should have come off for another defender toward the end, zero hold up play.

6. Smirnoffpriest

Smirnoffpriest Well-Known Member

England played really well, russia were poor. But the marking (from everyone) was appalling for the goal from when the original cross was cleared. Nobody was picked up.

7. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

England doninated and should have put the game to rest with a comfortable 2 or 3 goal lead. Their profligacy in front of goal cost them. Also wtf was Kane taking corners!!!

Smirnoffpriest likes this.
  8. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

I only watched the second half so don't have the first half to bias my view. But the entire second half we were mediocre with patches of really awful.

Maybe we were amazing for the entire first 45 minutes but we deserved nothing from the 2nd half.

9. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

We were much better in the first half than the second, really thought we should have been getting at least one goal before half time but in typical England style we didn't turn good play into anything worthwhile.

10. lazarus20000

We were a lot better in the first half. We could have been 3 up.

11. Drudeboy

Drudeboy Well-Known Member

Seen lots of stuff about violence in and around the England Russia game. UEFA should have been stronger imo. Russia had a warning and got charged 4 years ago at Euro 2012 for fan violence. Should just disqualify them now rather than giving the fans another chance to hurt more opposition fans. Horrible scenes to see.

Also lots of French ultras seem to be getting involved with other fans for no reason other than to cause trouble. France should also face action over this.

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

The problem is that England have a rep, so every other hooligan element wants to have a pop at them. Not withstanding a few bellends causing trouble, from what I saw it looked very much as though England fans were targeted, but have been tarred with the same brush as the Russian and French hooligans.

13. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

It just ain't safe in Europe guv'nor.

Vote OUT!

:p

14. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Some cracking games so far. Special hat tip to the Italians for a very good performance against Belguim. For a squad with such superb players they seem to struggle as a team... which is a real shame when they have such likeable people as Vertonghen, Hazard and Fellaini playing for them <wah>.

15. lazarus20000

Belgium always flatters to deceive. One of the worst teams I've seen in the tournament so far. They are so disjointed that they look unnatural playing together. Sometimes players just don't gel, and no matter how good the players they seem to have, it just doesn't work. Italy was a stark contrast. Not as good individually, but far superior as a team. If they took their chances then they would have destroyed them 4 or 5 nil. Italy are my dark horses for the tournament.

16. lazarus20000

Huge match today between England and Wales. I'm also enjoying the chest beating from the Welsh contingent, saying they are more passionate than the English. There is a part of me that thinks this is right. You see it the way Wales play their football, giving it all they've got, whereas at times, England can be listless. I don't think I've seen a modern big time player nomore passionate than Bale. He literally gives it his all.

17. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

I see Stodgson has bravely gone with exactly the same lineup that couldn't win (or even score a goal from open play) against one of the weakest teams in the competition. Will we win our first tournament finals game in just under 4 years today? I know our squad is overrated and not as good as the media used to portray us, but jeez he really is one of the worst managers to have a top management job... even more so than Wenger. Why do the two teams I support have to be so poorly managed? Urgh. Cue 5-0 win to England..... COME ON, DO IT!!

18. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Hodgson: "It is about winning your own games. It is a cliche but true."

Could the man be more inane?

I don't even know what that means Roy. Are you suggesting that sometimes it's about winning other teams' games? How do you go about winning games played by other teams exactly? Do you get employed by them on a short term basis??

19. omogooner

omogooner Well-Known Member

I still do not understand what spuds did deserve 5 players in the starting line up. England will be home in no time.

20. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

Lets get sturridge instead of vardy! Someone who scores from nothing!