1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ehab speaks/lies...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Aug 14, 2018.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

"Speaking from the perspective of a smaller club that has yo-yoed in and out of the Premier League for the past decade, the fans are much more important to us compared to the bigger clubs," he told BBC Sport.

"[The name change debacle] hasn't helped. But the idea has always been to try to do the right thing for the long term, which we feel we are doing.

"The rebrand was to maximise the benefits of being in the Premier League and to achieve sustainability there. The idea was to use the brand to get the extra income from overseas markets, and that would have more than compensated for the difference we make on gates and could have reduced prices.

"A few years ago I said I'd like to increase the capacity of the stadium to 40,000 and reduce ticket prices to £5, which would have actually probably been achievable in the Premier League for a club of our size."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ehab-allam-describes-hull-city-1894680

2. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Talks the talk, but can't and doesn't walk the walk!

guitartrax and PLT like this.
  3. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Obviously he means “Away Fans”

4. Pat E O'Dors

Pat E O'Dors Well-Known Member

What a monumental **** he is.

5. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Monumental lying ****.

6. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

He's creating his narrative for the history books, long when they've gone.

As club owners, they naturally get the oxygen of publicity, so they can document the 'real story' of their tenure.

Some will adopt it (the gullible and those from afar) and you will see/read Allam revisionists - particularly if we operate in the bottom two tiers in the forthcoming years.

7. tigre

tigre Active Member

I dont know that he is lieing
    I really think he has made himself believe it and is delusional
    If he was just lieing with his fingers crossed and a cheeky grin then there might be some hope but I fear he truly believes it.
    He believes he is right.
    He still sees himself as the new Messiah when it fact we all know he is not the Messiah he's a very.....
    Well a complete self absorbed disaster with not an ounce of awareness and motivated by greed and the desire to punish anyone who speaks up

8. FER ARK

FER ARK Well-Known Member

Think he meant, decreased attendances and increased ticket prices.<applause> Bravo prick.

See Simon trevitts lugs thread!

9. FER ARK

FER ARK Well-Known Member

Or looking at it from a different perspective, a serious journalist may have said,”at what point do you think is it me?”... or do you not really give a flying f**£ mr Allam

Gone For A Walk likes this.
  10. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

He's finally seeing the effect the falling crowds are going to have on his bank balance and so he's back peddling furiously. Well it's waaaaay too late to undo all the **** you've thrown our way now you thick ****. We'll return when you've gone and not a moment before.

Go ahead and make everything Hull City AFC. Bring back concessions and suck my big toe. We're not coming back until you've gone :emoticon-0128-hi:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018

11. RichardG

RichardG Well-Known Member

That battle has been fought and lost by Ehab. Even someone as detached from reality as our chairman will know that. The overwhelming majority of the fans, the local media, the national media, the wider football supporting community and the citizens of Hull have seen the Allams for what they are where Hull City is concerned. He can give all the bull**** quotes he wants to the BBC. All it will do is ensure that other fight harder to ensure that the true actions - and the true motivations - of that family are more widely known. Ehab and Assem will be on the receiving end of a trouncing in the history books. Just as they were over the name change.

12. Leon T Trout AFC

I hope you’re right, but I sense little defeat for the Allams.

They will likely leave financially richer, still trading their trade and with a dent in their reputation that will be panel beaten by time.

At the moment, I see them eating the club from the inside and with their heels firmly lodged on the windpipe from the outside. What challenges sincerely face or faze them?

Perhaps, you have more faith in people’s memories/actions than I, but I see day in/day out how people usher, protect and horde inequality – rewriting news and history to suit - why would football be different?

13. southerntiger

southerntiger Well-Known Member

I am not even sure they are worried about their reputation.
    As ruthless business people they are just pleased that this project has been a nice little earner for them.

TonyNormansGloves likes this.
  14. RichardG

The Allams will win financially. That's what they do. They will, I have no doubt, exit Hull City on their own terms (or on Ehab's terms, as seems most likely).

However, with regards to their legacy, they don't stand a chance. I know that the pro-Allams voices that still exist in the odd pockets of social media make it seem like support still exists, but it is minimal, and pathetically so. They lost the name change. Their ideas, their justification of the scheme, were derided and proved to be nonsense by anyone with any knowledge of the club, the sport or how business works. The crowd figures tell all the story we need. They tell the story of the Airco Arena, of the concessions debacle, of the treatment of loyal staff, of myriad other things. The opinions of many of Hull City's greats and goods can't be silenced, and the Allams have p***ed too many of them off for it to seem like there isn't something that stinks.

I've been interviewing many people about Hull City's past over the past three years, and while I'd say that time is a healer with some - I've picked up on a narrative that goes more along the lines of Dolan and Fish being good people who were inept and as much victims of Chris Needler's lack of interest in Hull City but inability to part from the club as everyone else, as opposed to the hate figures that they were seen as by many at the time - that will not be the case with the Allams. They've burnt too many bridges. Their actions, and the consequences of them, are too deeply ingrained within the fan base. No one says a good word about David Lloyd, a similarly petulant saviour with ego-massaging ideas that trampled all over everything that the fans held dear.

The fans almost entirely control the narrative of the club's history. And the vast, vast majority of us now see the Allams for what they are. And I can't see these wounds healing enough over time for us to forget what they've done to our club. Ehab's quotes here are laughable. A look at what the Allams have done offers proof of that. If he wants to alter what their legacy will be, he's not going to get close.

15. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Maybe it’s a coincidence but we only seem to hear from him after they receive some national negative press like The Sun’s piece.

Brucebones and highpeak tiger like this.
  16. Leon T Trout AFC

I don't think he cares about legacy. As said, he's providing a counter narrative for wider consumption.

I despise them and I'm sure most true City fans always will.

But I fear the 'other side of the story' in a few years, will be:

2 x PL promotions

3 x Wembley trips

1 x FA Cup Final

1 x UEFA Cup appearance

Club record signings etc

Day to day, how difficult are their lives? I genuinely don’t know, but apart from that bullshit of them being abused a couple of years ago, don’t they just get on with what they’re doing and nobody says a thing?

So, if their punishment is that they’re richer , their business interests remain the same or similar but some local people write negative stuff on forums about them, or whisper behind their back, I can’t see how, in a mercenary culture where money is worshipped uber alles, that they have lost.

Besides, even with a bit of superficial analysis, what did they want to ‘win’ anyway? Local kudos I’m sure, but in the main, I’m sure that was a by-product and the real goal was making money with the stadium and developing the surrounding area.

17. Leon T Trout AFC

It's no coincidence.

18. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

You mustn’t ever think Saint Ehab would be so cynical.

19. RichardG

Their lives aren't difficult. I have it on good authority that Ehab likes being a football club owner. He likes the staff at the KC at the moment and many of them like him personally. That wasn't the question though. Their legacy was.

They've won financially. I don't deny that. They took over Hull City as rich men and they'll leave the club as rich men - richer than anyone reading this message will ever be. But don't underestimate how much their legacy and reputation means to them. It matters a lot, particularly to Assem. In spite of their on-pitch achievements, they've presided over the most divisive, nasty era in the club's history. And they've lost the battles that they care about - the name change, how they are perceived in the local and national media. Among my friends - and I'm sure that of many others - they've alienated more hardcore fans than all the other sh***y owners we've had put together. That kind of thing matters. The empty seats at Wembley in the Sheffield Wednesday game matter.

FILEYseadog likes this.
  20. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

His instant response to criticism in the press is the same personality trait that manifests itself when he parks his car across two parking bays.

The bloke has issues.

HHH, balkan tiger, PLT and 3 others like this.