1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ehab speaks/lies...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Dills double deckers

Dills double deckers Well-Known Member

Un ****ing believable

2. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I’ve heard differently. I know people in different areas of the club from the corporate side of things to match day staff etc, and he is generally described as vindictive and up himself. He isn’t generally well-liked by some of his staff.

He probably likes the staff that are there because he keeps getting rid of the ones that he doesn’t. Staff turnover has been ridiculous over the last two or three seasons (players included). You say something against him then you’re gone.

Kempton likes this.
  3. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

I’m unsure about how much their legacy means to them.

This ‘counter narrative’ (to be polite) is the easiest and cheapest option to undertake. It just requires the odd PR/interview and its thread is recorded for posterity in interviews with the BBC etc.

For wider consumption, it is also backed by the club’s most successful period on the pitch. Will the attendance at Wembley, for instance, be always explained with our fans boycotting or will it just sit in some versions' margins? I’m not sure and at the time, and in the aftermath, that story was seldom told (or at best, not told enough) nationally or amongst our peers/rivals.

However, if he/they cared about genuine legacy, then (just a few examples) :

The name change would have been totally reversed (without being wilfully protracted), the membership scheme would have been scrapped and concessions brought back, they’d reached out to the various groups etc.

All of this would have been fairly easy to do, but he/they haven’t because I don’t believe they care about legacy over their desire to control and punish.

I think, it’s better termed as that they believe in the easiest form of ‘damage limitation’ and the counter-narrative will, sadly, make most, apart from a few thousand City fans, stop and think.

So, let’s hope your version of events is the version that ultimately plays out.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  4. RichardG

RichardG Well-Known Member

I know some of their former staff that hate them. And with good reason. A lot of great people were sh*t upon from a great height and they didn't deserve that. But I know two former staff and one current member of staff who tell me that both Allams are widely liked by the staff there, though there is still a widespread hope that they'll leave as everyone is sick of all the nonsense that comes with them. I will add that I haven't spoken to any of them since Vicky Beercock joined along with one or two others. This is the day-to-day staff too.

5. fozzies

fozzies Well-Known Member

There's still lots of people though who have no idea, even locally, a guy at our place (Hull FC and Liverpool fan) asked me the other day "what exactly don't the fans like about the Allams"... on a national front I would say the perception of our issues with the pair of ***** is lower than you would think.

Happy Tiger, balkan tiger and Kempton like this.
  6. RichardG

Their pride matters more than anything, and that explains a lot of the stuff you mention. If they come up with an idea they are not going to admit it's wrong. But that doesn't mean their legacy and reputation isn't important. I've spoken to a handful of people close to the family over the past few years and they insist that they want to be remembered alongside the likes of James Reckitt, Thomas Ferens, Harold Needler and so on. Hull City was meant to be the way to cementing that, but it's proving to be anything but.

I firmly believe that the rancour of the past few years will be written bigger in our history than the achievements of the past few years. I am convinced - because so may of us see it - that the story will be one of "they had all this success on the pitch but ****ed it up and ****ed everyone off". They'll almost definitely leave us in a lower position in the league than they found us, quite possibly with bigger debts, a worse manager, weaker squad, smaller fan base and more run-down stadium.

7. RichardG

Then it's up to us to explain. I can't explain to you the nuances of what the Oystons have done wrong at Blackpool, but I know that that level of fan protest doesn't happen out of nowhere. I know that they're a pair of ****s. It's the same at Coventry, Charlton, etc... I think the name change was a) widely publicised at the time, and b) roundly ridiculed and opposed by the wider football community. A quick explanation of the concessions issue usually has people shaking their heads. There has been plenty of negative coverage of the Allams in the national press should people choose to research what has happened. On a national level, I don't think people's ignorance of the finer points of what we've been going through matters. What matters is a) that the they don't support the Allams, and b) that they know the fans are widely opposed to the regime. I think we're good on that score.

8. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

They have to like him, or they won't be staff for long...

9. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Well, that confirms it he really is a nut case, he wants locking up.

10. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Or ending.

11. Baldrick's Cunning Plan

Baldrick's Cunning Plan Well-Known Member

The man's a genius. For someone who admits to knowing very little about football it's quite remarkable how much profit the club have made thanks to his leadership.

It's mind boggling to think of what that figure would be had he sold his top players. Hang on a minute...

12. Asterix

Asterix Well-Known Member

The man knows full well cash flow is paramount in business.

The son ?

13. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

The most successful period in the club's history on the field has come in hand in hand with the least popular ownership off the field.

Steve Bruce's legacy will be hero staus forever, as rich as they may be, the Allams blew the chance to join him

guitartrax likes this.
  14. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

what a lying ****

and what a thinly veiled attack on the fans again. it's the hooligans fault i tell thee

15. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Funniest comment was Vicky B's when she said, after the remarks about Allam having trophies inscribed with names that weren't ours, including ones won before he took over, that in future trophies will show the name Hull City. Most on here won't be around long enough to see if that comes true.

juleskaren likes this.
  16. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Good post.
    bit too emotional from you.
    Only an individual can aLienate themself from the club. It's your choice and anyone is free to make it and a lot have.
    In twenty years time the headlines will be the successes and a small part of the article will be about the Allams doings.

AA will be dead.
    Ehab will be living in Leeds and won't give a ****.

17. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

He is just one lying, smug looking ****.

18. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

How were they **** on? Can you give an example.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  19. TigerJools

TigerJools Active Member

I accept we've had success under their tenure but I'm sure I won't be the only one for who this was tainted by them being in charge. The lack of our name on the flag in the FA Cup. The name of Hull City being on the Wendies shirts and not ours. It saddens me to think they presided over this period and took the plaudits.

20. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Chazz Rheinhold,

In twenty years time the headlines will be the successes and a small part of the article will be about the Allams doings.

AA will be dead.
    Ehab will be living in Leeds and won't give a ****.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, this how I see it.

Nationally, it'll barely be a footnote and locally, time will fade, and if we're supershit, new generations will ask what we were moaning about.

Hope I'm wrong and it's not forgotten.

But seeing what our society forgets, allows and enables with true life horrors - I doubt it.