1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Mar 13, 2020.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Get ready to stockpile.................... and I know that you all miss the daily Coronavirus updates -- so let me oblige
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54066831 SPIKE

These sort of figures are likely to see a rush on our supermarkets before the end of the month.

...... Do you think that I am joking.... , sadly, I am being really serious..... I do hope that I am wrong ((( alwaysright - even about O'Gilvie )))

2. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

As a oenophile, there is only one thing I'm looking to stockpile. <bubbly>

brb likes this.
  3. alwaysright

I think you mean whine

grumpygit and brb like this.
  4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Greta Thunberg,
    You are killing us, when will you young people take this virus seriously. <doh>

5. alwaysright

6. alwaysright

The joy of sex ....... so long as you don't have a mass orgy !
    ...... let's not get distracted - and back on topic:

It looks like that the Government are '' going to review'' the possibility of some fans being allowed into grounds next month........ they appear to have SIX on their mind (( unlike me )).
    If you have read the Chairman's letter (brb), you'll know what hoops fans will have to jump through to get into a seat........... but what happens at the end of the game ? Do we seriously think that people are going to form an orderly queue, at least 2 metres apart etc etc.... and do you think that a Hi-Vizzer will take any unlawful physical action to prevent what will be a total mockery of the 'social distancing' measures 90 minutes earlier ?

And why does the principle of Six not apply in the workplace - or in schools ? Is it because without open schools people wouldn't be able to go to work - in order to earn - -to pay tax ! ---- and, of course, the Government want people to go to the pub - to buy heavily taxed alcohol.

Now we get the Health Secretary, Hancock, moaning because people ( without symptoms ), are getting Covid 19 tested....... well( rhetorical question ) - what is the reason for tests --- I thought that the Government wanted ALL of us to get tested ! -- and didn't they tell us that about 20% of people with Coronavirus are asymptomatic ? -----

---- hang on a minute - I just realised where I've gone wrong --- I was giving the Government credit for knowing what they are doing

brb likes this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

Funny you should mention the letter...I've decided as a non seaason ticket holder, I don't currently have the available brain capacity to store the information from said letter. I will wait until such time, my brain is restored back to full capacity.

In the meantime, I will just tune into I-Follow for the Gills v Hull game, for a fee of £10, whereas I will also be able to sit in a seat of my choosing. I may decide also to get daringly rowdy, if I do I will open a can or bottle of beer, I will also consume such liquid refreshment from my chosen seat.

The only yellow jackets present, will be any unwitting wasps that have entered into my territory, that will be duly swatted into the back of next week, for disturbing my viewing.

Resurgam, grumpygit and alwaysright like this.
  8. alwaysright

I wonder if we'll have the same level of German 'efficiency' - and obedience ?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54229045
    I was particularly interested in egress protocol -- or -- as we'd call it in England - '' free-for-all'

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    grumpygit likes this.
  9. alwaysright

10. alwaysright

Is Sturgeon mad ?
    From tomorrow, people in Scotland can't meet up in each others' homes..... but you can meet up with people from other homes - in a pub or restaurant !!
    Can somebody tell me how it isn't safe to meet up in your / another home ---- where you can exercise social distancing - without the risk of infection - from a total stranger --- especially if that total stranger is on a pub crawl, and carrying an infection - about which he knew and couldn't give a damn... How can it be safer to encourage people to have 'close proximity' in pubs and restaurants - but not safe to have a 'sensible' meeting of friends or family in my home......................... I wonder if the tax on alcohol and VAT has anything to do with it ?

11. alwaysright

More madness
    I have just read a report on the postponement of Orient v Spurs....... It states that this season, EFL clubs do NOT have to conduct mandatory Covid 19 tests of anyone in their clubs !!!!!!!!!................... I bloody hope that the report has accidentally included the word 'NOT'....................... I don't see any change to the bromance style goal celebrations - and a lot of spitting and sweating (( to be fair that was only me when watching the Hull game ))

grumpygit likes this.
  12. alwaysright

We all want to get back into stadiums.....

.....but with the rate of infection of Coronavirus - what can the Government realistically do ? We have seen the crowds on Bournemouth beach, at BLM rallies etc etc - which have demonstrated that there is a significant minority who will place so many others at risk.

If fans were to be allowed in stadiums from October, clubs had a whole list of protocol to ensure social distancing -- at least before the game -- and maybe guidelines for when the match is over ------------- but -- that would have little chance of working- when such large numbers arrive at the ground a few minutes before kick-off..... trying to supervise them into seats might take until half time......... and talking of half time - when people want to obtain refreshments and visit the loo ---- can you see that being supervised...'' I 'm not queueing - I'm busting for a P '' --- there just wouldn't be any social-distancing!.... And, I expect that this element of the situation is as good a reason as any for Boris to tell us that we can't return to stadiums.

13. brb

brb CR250

I can't see crowds being allowed back by October. I think football needs to drop in line with everyone else. Orients game cancelled tonight because of covid. Moyes at West Ham and two players test postive. Sturgeon in Scotland won't even let two families meet. Football is going to have to learn to survive with I-Follow and adapt it's finances accordingly, welcome to the real world football.

14. alwaysright

Won't be the last !
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54298824

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't mayhem with the fixture lists --- the spike in the infection rate will decimate games ! And it doesn't help that EFL clubs do not have mandatory tests for Coronavirus..... And it doesn't help when the sweaty, spitty players hug and kiss each other when a goal is scored - what could possibly go wrong ?

brb likes this.
  15. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I found it incredible the other day, Westham offered to pay for the Morcombe team and staff to have a test, they refused. :emoticon-0127-lipss

alwaysright and brb like this.
  16. alwaysright

I find that, very strange from Morecambe ........and a slightly different twist -- one that further emphasises the attitude of the FA towards the EFL -- the lack of mandatory testing for clubs not in the EPL - they know that clubs wouldn't be able to afford to pay for testing -- so -- '' Don't bother - we don't care about your health.'' (( Actually - we don't care about anything else other than The Premier League ))

grumpygit likes this.
  17. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I apologize to Morcambe it was in fact Hull who refused a covid test.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spo...r-covid-19-test-and-would-do-so-again-2981516

alwaysright and brb like this.
  18. alwaysright

I just wanted to bump this post's title - whilst having much pleasure whilst watching Man Utd v Spurs

19. alwaysright

20. alwaysright

I haven't always defended Evans......

There won't be any surprise that GFC were seriously concerned about actually playing the game v Fleetwood - due to health concerns. Evans was extremely worried - and I don't blame him. For those who don't know the history -- Fleetwood played at Accrington on Tuesday night. 8 of the Accrington players have since tested positive for Covid19, and their game today was postponed...... and yet -

..... the EFL did nothing to prevent Fleetwood ( from an area in Tier 3 ), travelling to Kent ( Tier 1 ), staying in a local hotel, and actually playing the game - without the players and staff being tested before setting out for Kent.

Evans states that an Official at the EFL said the game, and money involved, was more important than the health of all concerned. If this is true, it is staggeringly arrogant. Evans has challenged the Official to defend himself - or - he will be named and shamed.

I know that Bill Shankly said that Football was more important than life or death - but - I'm fairly sure he wouldn't make such crass remarks in these times....
    ..... I totally defend and endorse Evans, and applaud him for not using it as an excuse for our defeat.

brb likes this.