1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Mar 13, 2020.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

2. brb

brb CR250

I'm hoping they void the season. Merely so I can see the minor disappointment on the faces of Liverpool supporters <whistle>

Resurgam likes this.
  3. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I can see many problems with all this, whatever the decision it will influence the final outcome of the season.
    There are some teams who are struggling with injuries that could see this break as a godsend, there are teams like us who have loan players that reach the end of their loan period, there are also players who are out of contract in June.
    Regardless of the final outcome there will be winners and losers, and all because of a tiny virus that we can't even see.

brb likes this.
  4. brb

brb CR250

I really do not know how they are going to resolve this situation (winners and losers of season). Whatever way you look at it, it creates an unfairness of sorts against someone.

The only legit way is a meeting of all football chairman. ie show of hands from premier league chairman, should Liverpool be given the title. But then it gets messy, do you have play-offs for the European places for the rest of the teams, because let's be realisitic here, no one cares about who came second, third, fourth, other than for the reward it entails.

Then how do you resolve the lower leagues, do we promote Leeds, but that league including them is far from decided. Who's to say we couldn't make the play-offs from our current position.

All I see as certain is this season is not going to get completed.

grumpygit likes this.
  5. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I'm going into lock-down.

brb likes this.
  6. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Conclusive evidence, if any were needed, that some music in the 'swinging 60's' was beyond anodyne and actually totally ****e. (Am I allowed to use that word? Never mind)

alwaysright likes this.
  7. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

8. brb

brb CR250

grumpygit likes this.
  9. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

OK, I'll start saying my goodbyes now then.

Just another example of

grumpygit likes this.
  10. alwaysright

perfectly fine -- you can't use Shiite -- that would be racist.

grumpygit likes this.

11. alwaysright

Actually - having viewed the links, I stand corrected - OH **** (( if I'm going to die, I'm allowed to swear - I 'm sorry if anyone is offended - but I aint going to be around for much longer - and I wish I hadn't spent out for a 2 year season ticket...............................................goodbye cruel W, w, or. er l

12. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Problem is my mum needs pills 3 times a day plus bandages changed twice a week. She cannot take them without help as has no knowledge of time or day. She does not realise I come everyday

brb likes this.
  13. brb

brb CR250

Sorry to hear about that gio. No amount of words I write can improve quality of life, other than to say stay strong mate.

14. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I am now considering leaving the forum, someone has told me that visiting social forums can leave you open to virus infection.
    I already have worries about getting this BL***Y virus, but even worse I could end up with a Trojan Horse! .. What am I going to do with a horse, my garden just isn't that big.
    Whilst I am trying to take this all in my stride, it is beginning to bug me....is a bug a virus....oh dear it's getting worse. <doh>:emoticon-0101-sadsm

brb and itstimupnorth like this.
  15. alwaysright

well - just make sure you sanitise your 'device' before and after use ( as quickly as you like ) - always 'protect' yourself...... and if you have the urge to cough, simply force out a fart to disguise the sound --- didn't it used to be the other way around ?

16. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Well it's happened.
    A total teenage deadbeat can steal your car, drive like a total loon, and get community service.
    My only crime is that I'm a sickly old bugger, and I get 3 months.
    The world has gone mad.

17. brb

brb CR250

Joking aside, I saw some serious stuff on this virus today, on the affect it had on Italy and more specifically the hospitals. Knowing what I now know it's going to become a difficult few months ahead for all.....on this one ocassion, i would love to be proven wrong.

18. alwaysright

Well done - and thank you (( hoping not to personally need medical attention )).https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51990098

This is a lovely gesture - and may God Bless Lewandoski for thinking of others.

And from the totally selfish
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51989631

I would't wish any ill will to anyone of Mr.Parry's family or friends - but I am sure he'd be the first person to take what may become available through the gesture of Lewandoski if it was needed.

Message to Mr.Parry - Hear it from Lewandoski - we're in this mess together - if we all act selfishly, there's going to be something else in which we'll all find ourselves.

19. alwaysright

And by sheer bloody coincidence......
    I am staying with my mum in Gillingham over the weekend. I have got her some groceries ( obviously no toilet rolls, paracetamol, pasta, eggs, potatoes, sanitisors, buggeer all tinned food etc etc. )

Just a moment ago a neighbour has just called at her door. She had a bag of groceries - which she wanted to give to my mum ( in case she was in need ).
    This was a moving gesture - which I declined - I told the '' Good Samaritan '' that mum was sorted for a couple of weeks - and to give the items to anyone else whom she may think was in need ................................ I could have been greedy Mr.Parry !!

20. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable