1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Feb 8, 2020.

1. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Ask Steels. My lot on the West Coast are taking a hit at the moment.

Didley Squat, UTRs and Steelmonkey like this.
  2. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

The best course of action is to see what Sturgeon is doing North of the border rather than waiting for that fat lying **** to do a broadcast!

3. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Judging by the panicked mayhem in the local Tesco tonight (apparently, didn't go myself) think people are planning to stick to it. There does seem to be a greater degree of compliance up here than areas of northern England I've been to recently.

4. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Good luck mate

finglasqpr and UTRs like this.
  5. Steelmonkey

Where's your family up here Bob?

6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Hooo f’ing ray! The government has finally decided to consider making people who enter the country have a negative test certificate and maybe even go further. Better late than never.

7. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Stranraer mate

8. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Thinking of you and everyone affected by these developments, mate.
    Hang in there.
    Better days ahead.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    ELLERS and finglasqpr like this.
  9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

These lockdown rules are weird. Exercise limited to once a day, even if totally alone in the middle of a field I suppose (I know this won’t be enforced just like last time), yet ‘communal worship’ permitted? Schools closed but playgrounds, where kids and their parents will inevitably gather because they will go stir crazy otherwise, still open? You can only meet one other person from another household and it has to be outside, but you can have a bunch of blokes in your house to pack up your stuff and move it to another house?

First review of the lockdown scheduled for 15 February. Gove says restrictions should lighten in March. Why doesn’t he just keep his mouth shut, he can’t possibly know that. The only metric that now matters, and it’s one set by Boris, is the number of vaccines into peoples arms per week. Their self administered target is 2 million by the middle of this month so let’s hope AZ can make enough and the NHS can get it into people.

10. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

The 2 million target is sadly misguided and is Boris's aspiration only. Since the vaccination programme commenced 8th Dec about one million vaccinations have been administered to 31st Dec. Other than having the second Oxford vaccine now available, I don't see how in the space of two weeks, two million can be delivered. Time they brought in the logistical expertise of the armed forces to get anywhere near the target.

Totally agree that Gove should keep his mouth shut.

SW Ranger, Stroller and sb_73 like this.

11. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I thought that until I heard a Dr discussing this very point. It was always going to start slow and we need to remember that everyday more vaccine stations are being created so the numbers will increase. think yourself lucky in France up to the weekend they had only vaccinated 384 people. All over Europe there seems to be problems with distribution and the late arrival. A few weeks ago people on here were complaining because we left some EU vaccination program... funny how that has fallen silent now?
    On another note, I understand why they do it but the government should learn from past mistakes about deadlines and numbers.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  12. Steelmonkey

SmartSelect_20210105-115656_WhatsApp.jpg

Wonder how many times you can get a jag :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer:

ELLERS likes this.
  13. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I think Johnson must have been told that 2 million is possible, but given that AZ promised 30 million doses by last September, then 4 million by the end of last year and actually came up with 500,000 there is a legitimate question mark against this. They contract out the production, to several different places for the UK. Though their partner in India has had no problem shipping 50 million doses, with another 50 million almost ready, so it can be done. Sadly these doses are not for the UK though.

Pfizer is facing big production problems, and because they are approved in many more places, massive demand.

Assuming the product is available you would hope that, with months and months of time to set things up, we have the capacity and organisation to actually deliver them. I’d be happy to get the army involved in every stage, from distribution to sticking the jab in.

Very quiet on the roads round my way today, reminiscent of the first lockdown. Good. Just a few people strolling in the lovely sunshine.

14. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

They seize every opportunity, don’t they? Can’t blame them though.

I assume that their kind offer will be politely declined, as the government has put months of planning into the biggest vaccination programme the country has ever seen, and had the venues for delivering jabs sorted out ages ago...................oh ****.

15. Steelmonkey

They do - they are very proactive. Big decline in income from their venues, so any form of advertising has to be profitable. I quite like some of their beers, although it's over-priced and can't be classed as a micro-brewery anymore.

I wouldn't hold your breath on waiting to see how wondrous our vaccine roll-out is if past glories are anything to go by

sb_73 and Ranger4ever like this.
  16. Steelmonkey

Some worrying anecdotal news - missus was talking to a colleague who works in the local hospital and has told her that there is a Covid outbreak on one of the wards....some of the nurses testing positive had Covid back in March last year and now have it again....

17. Ranger4ever

Totally agree that they need to learn from past mistakes. We seem slow in ramping up the vaccination distribution though.
    I am sure they won't count the second doses as part of the total.......will they?

18. Ranger4ever

As frontline workers, I assume they have received the vaccine. If so, they will show as positive as the virus manufacturers have advised.

If not, that is a bigger concern. They should have been vaccinated with first batch of 80+ year olds.

19. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

20. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Probably not. They will somehow twist the figures to keep positive but it will be a mammoth task. I have my reservations with who should get the jab first though. I only heard today that a Nurse friend of ours hasn't had the jab and she suffers from asthma. We need to get frontline workers sorted fast so they can help the rest.

Ranger4ever likes this.