1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Feb 8, 2020.

1. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Just to give some folks a little update on my covid issues the last few days.

Got tested on Monday. Was suffering severe stomach pain which my GP thought was related to covid. The pain got so bad early a.m. last night that I rang an ambulance thinking I was having a heart attack. Went to the Mater Hospital A+E Department where they tested me a second time. All the time suspected covid cases, were kept in extreme isolation from other patients. I got a cat scan which revealed I have two huge gallstones which caused an infection and nausea. To remove them, I will have to have the gallbladder removed at some point in the future. I was in so much pain, I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat. It was a very traumatic experience.

I am on lots of pain medication. Then I got the results of both covid tests and they both returned negative. So, glad to be back home in one piece. Having seeing the system the hospitals have in place at first hand, I must say, all the staff are fantastic. From the ambulance staff, the nurses, the doctors, the cleaning staff, the security staff, the dinner ladies. They deserve a huge pay rise when this is all over. Looking forward to a good rest the next few days.

2. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

I’ve listened to a bit of JHB on talkradio, but I don’t know what you mean about outright lies and conspiracy nonsense. Can you elaborate?

Seems to me she has been asking some perfectly reasonable questions of policy makers, unlike virtually any one else.

3. Woodyhoopleson

Has she said it’s a hoax? I’ve definitely not heard that.

4. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

That is good and bad news.
    Great news you do not have Covid...but I understand the gallstones pain.

I have had 3 children...but the worst pain ever was gallstones...we called an ambulance as I thought I had a heartattack too.

Keep off ALL AND I MEAN ALL fatty food..and you should get through to your op.

I did...and I nearly got there...1 week before my opp I had a sliver of pork pie at London Zoo...and was treated by their ambulance crew... for heart issues..

Good news about Covid.
    Get those stones out...and you will be fighting fit again. ❤️

Ninj, mapleranger, Hoop-Leif and 8 others like this.
  5. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot Beth. It was certainly an experience.

6. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Dunno, I don’t like to listen to her. I know she has spread fake news, like claiming that COVID figures were covid and flu combined. But not really the point I was making. And, apparently, according to the rules of freedom of speech I can make up lies about anyone or anything I like and demand that they are both broadcast and ‘respected’*

* that’s me being sarcastic. Respect is earned, not granted as a right.

7. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Tells you all you need to know about how Covid affects the psyche when to have gall stones is virtually a relief so it's good to hear you're clear of it. One of my relatives had their gall bladder removed by keyhole surgery, amazing what they can do these days so hopefully you'll be fighting fit before too long. Good luck with it...

8. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Three weeks ago, when the Tiers were reviewed in Scotland, Inverclyde was deemed to be "in control" of the virus and we were stepped down to Tier 2, with cases at about 30/100k, allowed back into pubs to drink, shops allowed to re-open, and meetings indoors allowed. Figures released today show our cases are now at over 540/100k - and probably rising.

SmartSelect_20210105-200108_Opera.jpg

Dismiss these figures all you want, this is a worrying trend which will be borne out by hospital admissions, and then deaths. Friends of ours have spent some time in hospital this week, and thankfully they've pulled through - there will be many that won't. We had the highest death rate in Scotland during the first wave, and I'd imagine looking at these figures we'll probably replicate that again this time around.

No wonder both Sturgeon and Johnson looked as ragged and petrified as they did last night - this is going to bury the NHS if it's not handled correctly

UTRs likes this.
  9. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

Glad it's not the dreaded Covid Finglas but gallstones & kidney stones are excruciating I've suffered with the latter, the sooner there out the better

ELLERS and finglasqpr like this.
  10. Woodyhoopleson

Is there a mainstream broadcaster that doesn’t/hasn’t mislead its audience at one time or another, or continually?

Looks to me like talk radio have been banned by google/youtube as it is the only station willing to put up some resistance to the government.

It seems to be the only outlet that comes vaguely close to hosting the debate about proportionality and all the other scientific specifics that, as far as I’m aware, have still not been clarified.

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Looks like YouTube have let them back on now, to bravely carry the flag for truth and justice. A huge victory for freedom of speech.

12. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I like to hear the views of the world’s most qualified people in the field and then for balance listen to what Mike Graham will say to get middle-aged blokes to dial in.

sb_73 likes this.
  13. Woodyhoopleson

Lies and conspiracy nonsense.... any detail?

14. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

No mate you’ve completely exposed me as someone just trying to silence the seekers of truth and justice.

sb_73 likes this.
  15. Woodyhoopleson

Stan has mentioned a few times that he detests JHB, never got round to asking why, I know nothing about her. Earlier he said she thinks it’s all a hoax, you then said she and others peddle lies and conspiracy nonsense.

I’d not detected any of those things, so genuinely interested to know what you both know.

I was imagining someone who’d never listened to her speaking to Yeadon or Claire Craig or asking Hancock about the FP rate of the PCR test, which he didn’t know, or Grant Shapps stumbling, not even understanding the notion of the FP.

I think the view they might form based on both of your earlier comments would be a long way from the reality.

Talk radio is certainly not some lone saviour, but it’s probably your only chance of hearing the voices of highly qualified scientists etc who OFCOM warned the bbc et al to stay away from.

16. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Happy you haven't got Covid Finglas. Sorry to hear about Gallstones though. Hope all goes well for you and stay well as you still need to show my how to fill out a betting slip when we do the Not 606 race day. Take care sir. :emoticon-0148-yes:

finglasqpr likes this.
  17. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    Steelmonkey likes this.
  18. mapleranger

mapleranger Well-Known Member

I have had kidney stones twice - 2nd time resulted in hospitalization and had 2 large gallstones. The gallstones resulted in a very inflamed gall bladder which has since been removed and I felt a lot better immediately after the operation. They told me I would likely discover that there was some food I had liked that I no longer would but they were wrong - if I liked it before I did again afterward. I would encourage you to have the bladder removed as soon as possible (realizing that the hospital may not be where you want to be until they have done a few more vaccinations)

finglasqpr likes this.
  19. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

So why won't China let the Who team in?

20. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

They won't be fooled again