1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

I've no idea either way, but for the person to tell my wife this they must be concerned.

If I hear anything else, I'll update here

2. Steelmonkey

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55045639

Who will get the vaccine first?
    Broadly, vaccines are being given to the most vulnerable first, as set out in a list of nine high-priority groups, covering around 30 million people.

They are thought to represent 90-99% of those at risk of dying from Covid-19.

1. Residents in care homes for older adults and their carers
    2. 80-year-olds and over and frontline health and social care workers
    3. 75-year-olds and over
    4. 70-year-olds and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
    5. 65-year-olds and over
    6. 16- to 64-year-olds with serious underlying health conditions
    7. 60-year-olds and over
    8. 55-year-olds and over
    9. 50-year-olds and over
    People aged over 80 in hospital, frontline health staff and care home workers have been the first to get the Pfizer jab at designated hospitals hubs across the UK.

The first Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccinations are being carried out in hospitals before supplies will be sent out to hundreds of GPs surgeries and care homes.

ELLERS likes this.
  3. Steelmonkey

Roads round here are very quiet....went for daily walk around the park, plenty of people but no large groups - some people even wearing masks whilst out walking, not sure that's strictly necessary - plenty of space being given when walking past each other (I'd say the path is about 3m wide).

sb_73 likes this.
  4. Steelmonkey

It appears that a lot of the staff in the hospital haven't been vaccinated yet - the immunisation team had it prior to going into the care home community to immunise those most at risk.

Apparently an email went out on 31 Dec to all hospital staff and health workers to arrange appointments, and all slots were filled up to 16th Jan, no more available at moment, and if you weren't working on 1st Jan, obviously a bank holiday so reduced staffing levels anyway, then you had no chance.

Really need to ramp up the vaccination programme ASAP

5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

You won't believe this?
    I heard that there could be a world glass shortage for the vials... is this true?

6. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Not a new story. The actual volume of the vaccine is only one part of the equation. Distribution and refrigeration is a massive task.

You’d think producing non-perishable materials to actually inject the thing would be the easy bit.

I’m not moaning/talking the country down/willing the government to fail when I say I don’t have a lot of confidence in them not ****ing it up.

7. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

When I heard this it was a WTF moment.

8. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Seems You Tube are now acting as censors. Whilst I don't agree with the anti lockdown brigade there is no reason to remove reasonable discussion about it. Just another step towards the cancel culture that's taking over...

9. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Where do you draw the line though? People like our own Toby Young, Julia Hartley-Brewer and dozens of others have large followings and have been spreading outright lies and conspiracy nonsense throughout, encouraging people to not take lockdown seriously and logically putting people at risk.

I’m all for freedom of speech but these people are knowingly endangering others.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  10. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

mmm but its okay to watch videos of animal abuse/terrorist bomb making handbook and violence to children. Idiots
    1984 here we come

11. Sooperhoop

There are plenty who have views I'd never agree with but why should they be shut down? The government will lie with impunity when it suits them as will any politician. How much censorship would you tolerate? Starmer is calling for anti vaxxers and Covid deniers to face charges, it's all getting a bit heavy now...

Woodyhoopleson likes this.
  12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I’ve just been chatting to a couple of work colleagues in the US, and have come away pretty grateful that I’m not waiting for a jab over there, where it’s chaotic, no clear priority list, they have anti vaxxers in pharmacies deliberately leaving doses out of the freezer to spoil, in some hospitals 40-50% of staff are declining to have a jab. When the full force of the new variant hits them and other places it could get very nasty indeed. For once we are ahead of the curve, however uncomfortable that feels.

In theory we should be perfectly placed to roll out the vaccine as quickly, equitably and cleanly as possible, we have one, state run health service, centrally controlled, which very few other countries can claim. So if things don’t go to plan it’s resourcing and leadership to look to.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    Hoop-Leif likes this.
  13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

At the beginning of Covid I watched a YouTube clip from some US Dr who was discussing the vaccine and the complications of it. It was a great watch but went against the establishments views. I remember posting it on here and within a minute it was taken down and the account suspended. Now we may not all agree with him but we should respect his views?

14. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I would seriously like to discuss this...but doubt we will get very far.

So ( I am taking a severe example here) someone says they won't take the vaccine as it has a Bill Gates control chip in it...

Now is it possible to leave this out there, when it is actually believed by a small but significant proportion of the population.

Or does taking it down add credance to the story

15. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

YouTube/Google is a company, not the crucible of free speech. Doesn’t it have the right to determine what content appears on its own platform? It’s not paid for by tax is it? Talk Radio still broadcasts doesn’t it? People who need that kind of stuff can still get it.

Before the Internet happened did holders of various odd views insist that national newspapers and TV broadcasters allot them free space to air their opinions? No. Are we more or less democratic because idiots have the ability to share **** with the rest of the world nowadays? I don’t know.

You are free to speak, but you are not free to avoid responsibility for what you say. 830 deaths today but it’s a hoax according to Julia Hartley Brewery. Does she really believe that or is it just an opinion she adopts because it generates listeners and money? Who am I to say?

16. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Christ, USA leading the way. In being almost half full of utter fruit and nut cases.

sb_73 and Steelmonkey like this.
  17. Sooperhoop

Yes, it's their channel but then by that action they are making a statement that they are anti the hoax theory but, at the same time, Piers Corbyn, who is the poster boy for such idiocy is still free to air his bullsh*t on his You Tube channel. What's the difference?...

ELLERS likes this.
  18. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

19. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

The difference is, it's okay if it suits certain types.

20. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I’m not going to vouch for their consistency. Or their political position. Just their ability to make decisions about what goes onto their platform.

I wonder when Twitter will dump Guido Fawkes.