1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Clearout Starts

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sheffordqpr, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

We can and should make him an offer that we can afford. We may not be able to compete with what others offer but that should not stop us from making an offer to a player that we would like to keep.

WalsallHoop, kiwiqpr and QPR Oslo like this.
  2. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Maybe we've already made him an offer and his agent has said no........who knows?

3. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Sorry to quote my own reply but this is my point....

How do we know what has been offered/said...and why should we.
    We are in negotionations with I hope loads of players....it is a delicate juggling exercise. You do not show everyone your hand...and that applies to both sides.

Also if someone offered 20 million for Freeman (yes they would be mad)... and we have Eze, Manning, Chair, BOS etc and 20 mill could by us a good (lower league2) striker. We would say yes!
    (okay all of that last sentence was complete rubbish...but you get my drift)

4. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Seen all the paper talk on here & other sites & as yet no one knows fcuk all what is happening to robo & other players, just usual speculation crap, let’s just wait & see rather than having heated arguments about nothing at present.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  5. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I certainly don't have trust in Get West London - that make a lot about nothing article about Robinson isn't new, I saw it prior to Preston for which game Robinson was made Captain I saw somewhere. If that is correct the Club may still be trying to keep him.

6. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

From the horse's mouth:

Speaking exclusively to Get West London, Robinson said of his contract situation: "There's still nothing.

"I haven't had any contact yet, there's been no formal offer of a contract to me so I can't say much else on that."

kiwiqpr and Rodney like this.
  7. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

Exactly. And given that we have a promising, developing player on our hands who, more recently, has stayed injury free, we should have made him an offer earlier. To compound that by still not having made him an offer, is hard to understand. We should have tried to nip this in the bud when we saw his progress. At best, we're being a bit slow and, with no offer currently on the table (according to the horse's mouth), "slow" doesn't begin to cover it. If he has to go, I understand the economics but let's at least have a contract in place so that we can get a transfer fee.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Hoop-Leif likes this.
  8. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

Of that lot, I'd let the following go:

Washington (was worth a try but he's had plenty of chances and I just can't see him ever delivering in the Championship).
    Sylla (good at times but doesn't set me on fire and I'd prefer to have a punt with someone else)
    Cousins (never been more than average, even when played in his proper position)
    Hamalainen (been around a while and whilst others have made a breakthrough, he hasn't)

Of the others:

Hall (I hope he can get back to his very worthwhile best)
    Wszolek (keep him if he promises to take on a defender at least once every game - thereby beating this season's average)
    Bidwell (is it me or has he looked better lately, playing as a proper full back rather than a wing back?)
    Baptiste (in the squad as excellent cover)
    Lynch (capable of playing very well... and sometimes....)
    Furlong (at last, he's back in the side and we're better for it)
    Smyth (another one who should have had an earlier contract offer, as soon as he showed his capability)
    Lumley (my pick as No. 1 if Smithies is sold)

9. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Seasons not over and speculation is rife. We all enjoy(?) seeing the speculation, but right now the speculation won’t be the way we want to hear it as good and poor players begin leaving the club again. I do hope we have some decent replacements ‘spotted’ by our scouts to bring in though.
    I’ve come to the conclusion that I have no idea what the strategy is and I’d do better to just see what happens.
    (that said, I don’t understand not offering new contracts to players we want to keep - even if they decide to reject the offer for more money elsewhere).

10. The other R in Houston

The other R in Houston Well-Known Member

It may be that Les or Lee had a chat with Robinson, told him the max we’d pay a player and he told them he’d rather explore his options - no formal offer, just letting him know what was going on and gauging his response.

bc7 and QPR Oslo like this.

11. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Ffs
    At least offer him a contract
    He might turn down our best offer
    But at least offer him a contract

SW Ranger, BlindFaith and Ciarrai_Abu like this.
  12. Devonhoop

Devonhoop Well-Known Member

Nobody mentioning Sean Goss to come back from Rangers after loan, 12 games, 3 goals, only 22, does he still fit?

13. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I think the reason he's in Glasgow is that he doesn't fit - with Holloway at least.

14. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Who is out of contract at QPR this summer?

A comprehensive look at those at Loftus Road whose contracts are set to expire at the end of the season.

By
    Phil Spencer
    • 16:43, 17 APR 2018

It looks set to be another busy summer at Queens Park Rangers as Ian Holloway looks to move into the next phase of the plan to streamline the squad at Loftus Road.

The Hoops have a number of stars coming towards the end of their contracts in W12, and with a need to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations, it looks likely to be a revolving door of playing talent at Harlington.

But who are the players who could be on the way out the exit door? We take a look at those who are set to be out of contract when the season comes to an end.

Seny Dieng

Position:
    Goalkeeper

Contract:
    Expires at the end of June

Summary

The 23-year-old has had a frustrating time since arriving at Loftus Road two years ago.

Dieng is the victim of strength and depth in the goalkeeping department, sitting as fourth choice goalkeeper behind Alex Smithies, Matt Ingram and young prospect Joe Lumley who is currently excelling on loan at Blackpool.

With such competition between the sticks, and a need to trim the squad, it wouldn't be a surprise to see Dieng offloaded once his contract comes to an end at the end of June.

Jack Robinson

Contract: Expires at the end of June

Position:
    Defender

Summary

The former Liverpool defender has arguably been one of QPR's best players this season.

Robinson told Get West London that he's yet to receive a contract offer from QPR, meaning that his future looks likely to be away from Loftus Road.

If he was to depart, it would no doubt be a huge blow to the club, with the defender reportedly being tipped for a move to a Championship rival.

Osman Kakay

Position:
    Defender

Summary

The full-back has been impressive for the under-23s but has never been quite able to crack the first team set-up.

Despite being named on the bench in recent weeks, the fact he's yet to make a senior appearance for the Hoops with just a few weeks until the end of the season could be crucial in deciding whether he is to earn a new deal at the club.

At 20 years of age, a number of other prospects at the club are already vying for a spot in Ollie's plans, meaning that it could well be the case that he is given the opportunity to leave the club in order to secure first team opportunities elsewhere.

James Perch

Position:
    Defender

Contract:
    Expires at the end of June

Summary

An injury-hit first half to the season put Perch on the back foot as competition for places in Ian Holloway's defence started to hot up around Christmas.

QPR to release longstanding trio while defensive duo's future remains in the balance
    The 32-year-old has made sporadic appearances in Ian Holloway's side since the turn of the year, but given the return to fitness of Nedum Onuoha and Joel Lynch, it's meant that opportunities to play for a new deal have certainly been limited.

Having already been told that he's to leave the club, the focus for Perch will now be on proving his fitness in order to secure a move over the summer.

Nedum Onuoha

Position: Defender

Summary:

The Chief is another player who had something of a false start to the season due to injury.

However as the second half of the campaign has unfolded, the former Manchester City defender has shown exactly why he's the club captain with a number of commanding displays in defence.

Onuoha is thought to be one of the higher earners at the club, and with the club reporting that negotiations are still ongoing, it remains to be seen whether the two parties can reach an agreement to stay at the club.

If a deal can't be struck, the central defender will certainly be a huge miss for the Hoops.

Jamie Mackie

Position: Forward

Summary

The 32-year-old was deemed to be a regular first team player at the start of the campaign, but a combination of injuries and lack of form in front of goal saw him fall down the pecking order.

With young attackers such as Paul Smyth and Bright Osayi-Samuel breaking into the first team fold, Mackie has been deemed surplus to requirements going into the new season, meaning that the search will be on for a new club.

One thing's for certain that whoever secures the signing of Mackie will be getting a model professional who will certainly give their all for the team.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

Position: Forward

Summary:

Somewhat inevitably, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas has been told that his contract will not be renewed going into the new season.

The forward hasn't featured for the QPR first team in two years, meaning the club will undoubtedly be relieved to get his significant wages off the books.

15. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

never heard of that 17th choice keeper
    what does he do all season

Hoopington and Steelmonkey like this.
  16. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Dieng has been playing for u23 after Lumley went... apparently quiet good...
    All are keepers are good...

We cannot keep them all surely...

Would guess one of the two older keepers must go.....

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

kiwiqpr likes this.
  17. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

After a glorious honeymoon at Rangers, Goss seemed to impress with his performances (with many Rangers fans describing how he would be so much better off going to them for a £1m fee than staying with a mid-table, going nowhere Championship team). He then seemed to have a rocky relationship as his performances came into question. Not sure he has been picked for the first team of late - certainly not for the old firm clash. So he will be back for the next season I’m sure.

18. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Rangers are another basket-case club. They've just suspended two of their most senior players, Kenny Miller and club captain Lee Wallace for arguing with the manager after being thrashed by Celtic in the cup semi-final on Sunday.

Goss has played 10 games, scoring two goals, and had been playing well until the last league Old Firm match, where he struggled against the better quality players that Celtic had, and was at fault for at least one of their goals. He's made a couple.of appearances since, but the team as a whole hasn't been playing well according to some of my Rangers supporting pals, but at least he's still getting game time.

I'd imagine he's going to need a decent pre-season to impress Ollie if he's to remain or go back out on loan.

19. Devonhoop

Devonhoop Well-Known Member

That'll be a no then, £1m could have been useful!

20. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

QPR Oslo and Steelmonkey like this.