1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Clearout Starts

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sheffordqpr, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Exclusive: Jack Robinson admits that 'his time may be up' at QPR with rival clubs queuing for his signature
    The 24-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season, and has admitted for the first time that his future

Jack Robinson has admitted that his time at QPR may be coming to an end after confirming that he's yet to receive a contract offer from the club.

The former Liverpool man's current deal expires at the end of the season, and after establishing himself as one of Ian Holloway's key men, it appeared likely that he would be offered the chance to extend his stay at the club.

However, with just three games remaining of the campaign, Robinson has admitted for the first time that his future is likely to be away from Loftus Road.

Speaking exclusively to Get West London, Robinson said of his contract situation: "There's still nothing.

"I haven't had any contact yet, there's been no formal offer of a contract to me so I can't say much else on that."

Asked if he thinks he'll be leaving at the end of the season, he said: "I think it's getting to that point where I've got to start thinking that my time is up here.

"I'll leave it up to the agents and I'll carry on doing what I've done here all season and play for the fans and the manager.

"Hopefully I can get a few more games in before the end of the season, but if not, then I've enjoyed my time here and we'll see what happens in the summer."

Reports in the national press have linked with Robinson with a host of Premier League and Championship clubs, and with the news that he's yet to be offered a deal, it's inevitable that external interest will intensify in the coming weeks.

When asked if he's had contact from elsewhere, Robinson said: "I tend to leave that to the agents.

"Obviously there's talk; there's a lot of talk now we're getting to the end of the season but I don't want to speculate because there's been nothing formal from any club, but it's just one of them where we'll see what happens."

kiwiqpr likes this.
  2. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

Anyone know if the club fully pay the wages or whether is there some sort of insurance to cover all/part of the wages of injured players?

3. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

That's Jack gone then.

4. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

This is what gets my goat up!
    TF said we would be creating a team to compete without all the massive wages yet it seems that as soon as we start getting a few good players they go up for sale and we replace with a lesser talent. We will never get anywhere doing it this way. You need to build and keep hold of those players for the next season, that's how you progess.

5. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

Yes, if we let Robinson go without good reason (excessive wage demand for example) it surely shows a lack of ambition from our management

ELLERS likes this.
  6. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

He is on premiership wages ( maybe not the highest we paid, but still premiership wages)...he is young and talented enough to still want that wage...
    We simply cannot afford to make him an offer.

Sorry this is the way it has to be.
    What I wanted from him, was him to sign a contract so at least we could sell him....

But one way or another, he has to go.
    That is the way things have to be...

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

7. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

If this is the way it has to be then TF/Hoos/Les should keep quiet about the future. This is not the way to move forward.
    Been reading article after article that if QPR got in a decent Striker and 2 others we would do okay next season.
    If they start selling their better players then you take a step backward.

SW Ranger and Rodney like this.
  8. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Unless he's prepared to take a reduction in wages to whatever to the new salary cap is then he'll go. Now whether another club is prepared to meet his (his agents) salary expectations that's another question, no guarantees so he may still accept the lower wage.

This is how moneyball works, buy low, develop, sell on. Once financially stable you don't need to do this as you can keep the developed players, we're not in that position yet. Amazed some still don't get it......

Hoopington and KentGaz like this.
  9. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

We are not selling him Ellers, in a way I wish we were in the position to sell him,...he is going because his contract is up and as a middling championship club, we cannot afford to match his current wage, let alone make him a better offer.

We have to develop our own, build them up (selling some) and hope that in a season to come, when we are more financially stable, we have a team that will challenge...and then we can keep our players with better offers..and keep them.

10. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

But do you not think it strange that no offer at all has been made? As you say, we can't sell him so there's no point in waiting to see what offers emerge. Surely it makes sense to put some kind of offer on the table even if it is likely to be trumped - you never know he may want to stand by us for another season given how the club supported him through injury. That is of course, unless we're not being given the full facts and he has already told the club he's leaving.

11. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Here's a list of players who's contracts run out at the end of June 2019

Washington, Sylla, Wszolek, Cousins, Hall, Bidwell, Baptiste, Lynch, Furlong, Smyth, Lumley, Hamalainen

That means that the likes of Freeman, Scowan, Bright, Eze, Othi, Smith, Smithies, Luongo and others have contracts that extend until at least June 2020.

If that's not the nucleus of the side for the coming season and peeps are getting upset that the 2 highest earners may leave then the fans base does really have a problem, or maybe it's just another excuse to have a dig at Holloway, Hoos, Les.......

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  12. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Can well believe we don't know all the facts, and why should we...this is a business proposition and data protection is in place....In business, you don't announce offers made to employees, football no different.

We know nothing of who has said what to whom.

My observations are based on what I have read about FFP, wage caps and my limited knowledge of business practices.
    Tbh I know nothing

SW Ranger and Wherever like this.
  13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

It's not about 'not getting it'. your method means we will never move forward because when a player becomes good, we sell on. how are we supposed to progress that way? That is not the way to move forward.

14. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

mmm interesting comments Tramore, I ask a question and you describe us as 'peeps' then you think it's a dig a Hollow/Hoos/Les? where did that come from?

15. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Ellers we are not selling him...he is moving of his own accord as he is a free agent. If he was ours to sell who knows what we might or might not have done.

Make your point later on if/when we sell a player under contract

16. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

This is not just about Robinson I have also read about other players going (although that may end up being gossip). Agree get rid of Mackie/Jet/Washington and a few others to lower the wages but to move forward we need to habg onto our better players otherwise we will only get worse as time goes on.

17. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Here Ellers......

18. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Ellers see my post above about players being in contract until at least 2020.......

19. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

That's fine but if we sell Luongo (as an example) then your theory doesn't hold up. Maybe I am jumping the gun but from some of the press articles I have read we may be losing some of our better players. I will wait and see.

20. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

It's all supposition at the moment, paper talk to fill column inches, twitter comments by supposed ITK's who basically know bugger all and its taken as gospal.........

You moan about selling our better players but there's no evidence that this is happening/likely to happen but still find fault. If we do decide to sell those who are contracted until 2019 and beyond because an offer is too good to refuse it makes good business sense. The club is far better run than it was 5 or 6 years ago and will improve in years to come but it may take another 5 or 6 years before the damage is repaired fully.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't eh?

CroydonCaptainJack likes this.