1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

CHAMPIONSHIP REBUILD THREAD

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I understand you were playing Devil's Advocate. I mentioned your refusal to acknowledge emotional attachment because several times in the past you have referred to the club as a business, end of. It is a business of course, but it's unlike any other business. Curry'sPC World is also a business but you don't get thousands of people each week turning out to support them, wear their clothing, sing songs about employees or have debates on forums about them . People have no emotional attachment to them, they simply buy from there from convenience or price. Football is entirely different.
    Fans do have an input on the running of the 'business' to some extent - they have put enough pressure on clubs to sack managers many times over the years. The same can be said for some owners - fans have the power to effect these things. If fans give a player enough grief, the possibility is that the player may want to leave the club. So to say fans have no input is just wrong - it's not as black and white as you are suggesting.

2. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Negative input then.
    Let's get owners, players and managers the sack.
    Such honourable behaviour on the part of so called loyal fans'.
    Pathetic, embarrassing, behaviour <laugh>

A couple of weeks ago I created a thread about one of Swansea City's real legends.
    He was instrumental in saving the Club from dropping out of the football League.
    He went on to become a fantastic Manager, putting The Swans' on the map.
    Promotions followed.
    Yet not one person posted any comment about him, his character, and his achievements. Not a single kind word. It's almost as if he didn't exist.
    His name is Roberto Martinez. Remember him?
    Did you try and get him the sack ? <laugh>

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  3. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Why 'negative input' ? Do you think the pressure put on Boris Johnson to resign is negative input ? Input is input, whether good/bad - positive/negative. It still represents an opinion.

If someone isn't up to the job then putting pressure on them to vacate the job is a positive thing isn't it ?

Who wanted Martinez to get sacked - he was doing a good job wasn't he ? He decided to move on. He had the support of most if not every fan whilst he was here. If a manager is doing well, nobody complains about the support the fans give them, yet if the fans feel he isn't up to it, why should they not be able to vent their opinions in that case ? It's not "Pathetic, embarrassing, behaviour <laugh>" as the fans are doing it in the interest of the club they support.

In your 12 'commandments' at the bottom of your posts it states :

2.All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good people do nothing.

6.Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity.

I would suggest that that discontented fans have probably read your posts and acted upon your advice.

DragonPhilljack and daimungeezer like this.
  4. LIBERTARIAN

<laugh> Nice to know that my words are being acted on. It was all worthwhile then.

5. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Didn’t realise that we had to post a comment.
    A decent player and a very good Manager who was instrumental in helping to secure/save FL status, then became Manager after Jackett and helped implement the Swansea Way - someone who led to a promotion from League One to the Championship.

Ultimately, his Swans legacy is - rightly or wrongly - overshadowed somewhat by his move to Wigan…..

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport...z-controversial-defection-swansea-2100687.amp

I fully acknowledge that people change jobs every day - and no one should complain if people move for a job promotion or more money - hell, I’ve done the same myself.

6. Taffvalerowdy

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  7. LIBERTARIAN

Of course it was not mandatory for anyone to post. In fact, I wasn't expecting any responses, Devil's Advocate ,again. I was proved right. Sadly.

I am fully conversant with the mentality of most posters on here, and when Martinez had the gall to leave and better himself, he became the latest figure of hate.

Many others were to take his place on that conveyor belt of hate, but that's for another day.

I just hoped that at least ONE poster would acknowledge his huge contribution down the years. The Club could have gone out of League, but for his input. Not that he was the only one, but he was very significant.

But hate conquers all in football. Such is the mentality of those who still think football is a " beautiful game".

It's easier to hate than love. Apparently.

More rewarding, perhaps ?

<cheers>

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
  8. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Maybe people just didn’t find your post interesting enough to warrant a response like a news article on a website you scroll past ?

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  9. Taffvalerowdy

Vetch - I thought that my comments above did acknowledge his contribution.

They may not have been on your thread but that is because you raised the issue of non response on this thread<cheers>

Anyway, time for another San Miguel <cheers>

10. Taffvalerowdy

11. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

A Gower Power for me now, just before the second half where Wales crumble. Looks nice there. Too bloody hot here! :emoticon-0103-cool: Enjoy <cheers>

12. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh> ...... See you've met our local control freak then!...<monster>..Like all Narcasists he likes to think he has full control of the narrative, it's all an illusion though, in his tiny little head, I usually ignore the old git, he just loves the sound of his own voice..............<laugh>

13. DragonPhilljack

Guilty as charged! I usually skip past most of his insane ramblings, until I fancy some fun, the old git is our very own Victor Meldrew!................<laugh>

14. DragonPhilljack

"I am fully conversant with the mentality of most posters on here" - The mighty Vetch

As we are with you, you old miserable git!...................<laugh>

15. DragonPhilljack

Sorry, but they fell on stony ground as far as I am concerned, you miserable narcissistic old fart!...............<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

16. LIBERTARIAN

That's the " stony ground " between your ears. Good to see that you acknowledge that particular wasteland.

17. DragonPhilljack

Did anyone hear about Brighton after Russel Martin?

daimungeezer likes this.
  18. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

<laugh> Has he got an outstanding parking ticket?

19. DragonPhilljack

I kid you not, they have him on their short list!..................<laugh>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  20. DragonPhilljack