1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

CHAMPIONSHIP REBUILD THREAD

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Apr 8, 2017.

1. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Absolutely

2. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

3. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

4. Taffvalerowdy

It’s a fine line between having viability and sustainability, and ‘speculating to accumulate’ which could be ‘betting the entire business’…

As far as Piroe is concerned, is someone offers north of £5m I suspect he will be gone: could be a lower figure if he is still here in January <wah>

5. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

What does it really matter how much Piroe, or anyone else, is sold for, The dreaded Owners will only pocket the money. Won't they ?

That's the regular point of viewpoint hereabouts. Isn't it ?

It's what " Yankee scumbags " do. Isn't it?

6. Taffvalerowdy

I think you’ll find, if you care to check, that I have never suggested or stated that the Owners/Yanks will pocket the money.

As someone who has read the accounts, there is no evidence whatsoever to indicate any such thing: rather sales have been made to ‘balance the books’ and generate sufficient cash flow to survive.

As I wrote above it’s a fine line between having viability and sustainability, and ‘speculating to accumulate’ which could be ‘betting the entire business’.

Indeed, it was reported today that the Owners have actually invested another £1m in share capital - so money is coming in, rather than flowing out to them.

swantastic and daimungeezer like this.
  7. LIBERTARIAN

Swansea City had a decent spell in the appalling Premier League. Overachieving, in my opinion.
    They finished 9th under Laudrup, then he was driven out by the fans', who demanded Monk as his replacement. Clearly 9th place was not good enough for the mighty Swans'.
    Monk improved on Laudrup's performance, finishing in 8th place. Then he was hounded out. Still not good enough.
    The rest is history, and the Club are now drifting in the Championship.
    Guess who are still not happy ?
    Efforts to hound out Russell Martin have been ongoing for a very long time.
    It seems some things don't change and people don't learn.
    So, having held their own and performed well above their pay rates, and with the fans' seemingly never satisfied, why would any sane person wish to return there, and see repeat performances by those fickle fans' ?

8. LIBERTARIAN

I didn't actually say you did, but it has been stated, and inferred, on this Forum on countless occasions.
    The Owners are constantly vilified for allegedly doing so, and I get attacked for defending them.
    Running a football Club is such a costly exercise, and most fans' have no realisation of what is involved. <ok>

9. Taffvalerowdy

As someone who has been a director of a professional sports club, I know from direct personal experience what a difficult ‘hand to mouth’ existence most clubs have, when they are effectively having to “rob Peter to pay Paul”.

In fact it is both mentally and physically debilitating.

10. LIBERTARIAN

It never ceases to amaze me how speedily football fans' go from idolatry to hatred - just a heartbeat.

It's not that long ago that he, almost, earned the Freedom of the City after blowing Cardiff away.

11. daimungeezer

If there is no point in trying to get promoted then what is the point of the club even continuing? Do they try and improve the team just to the point where they can finish 7th every season or just to finish one place above relegation? Should we aim to finish mid table? It appears you have no clue about being "a fan", which is your prerogative but I don't understand you posting on a fans forum in that case.

All footballers are mercenaries but at the very least act with a tiny bit of respect for the fans and the club you're using as a stepping stone and don't **** on them with total disregard.

12. LIBERTARIAN

Ah, you use the word "respect ", but I doubt you understand what it means.

For example, there is precious little respect shown, ( actually, there is none ), on this Forum to,

a) the Club Owners, who keep the Club afloat. (The Club's customers don't )
    b) the Manager and his staff,
    c) the previous Owners who actually SAVED the Club from virtual extinction,
    d) previous Managers, some of whom left for pastures new,
    e) numerous previous players, once they had left for pastures new,
    f) family and friends of former players.

I could go on, but nobody is listening.

Were I to post hatred and bile, as do many, I would receive numerous " likes ", and suddenly become a hero.

I prefer to be viewed as the villain. I can sleep at night. <laugh>

13. Taffvalerowdy

I would suggest that the Club is kept afloat by a number of stakeholders. The supporters/customers, the commercial partners/sponsors/advertisers, income from TV/Media outlets, competition monies, replica kit sales as well as the Owners.

Without the other stakeholders contributing, I doubt that the Owners would want or be able to keep the club afloat <cheers>

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
    DragonPhilljack and daimungeezer like this.
  14. daimungeezer

Sense at last.

15. nicewelshlumberjack

nicewelshlumberjack Well-Known Member

Got to be honest - I have no bad feelings toward former managers -except maybe Monk as a manager not player - they did us well and I loved what we had ( just watched the old game highlights against Norwich and it lifted my spirits) Same with the past players - but as Mono mentioned on another thread - each season is a new beginning and for that I don't have respect for current ownership. Jinks and co didn't have the money this lot do and look what they did - again I am grateful for what they did - yeh so it didn't end well but boy were those a brilliant few years!

16. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Mrs. narcissist is back I see!.............<laugh><laugh><laugh>

17. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

18. Taffvalerowdy

19. daimungeezer

20. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

It doesn’t amaze me at all. If a player decides to down tools because he wants to play for someone else, why shouldn’t the fans be pissed off with that player ?
    You could be in love with your wife, but just found out she’d been having sex with another guy, that love could quickly turn to hatred. It’s human nature when such strong feelings are involved. Most fans love their club and situations like the Obafemi issue was bound to cause hurt, unless of course you don’t really have any passion for your club.