1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Brexit

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Heed

Heed well known cheat

I'm surprised the Tories are as high as 14%, and 20% for Labour is relatively poor.
    If Brexit never existed, where would the 36% be split.
    Majority for the Tories, or the Labour Leave vote is higher than some choose to believe.
    That would give more credence to the stance taken by the Labour leadership.

2. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

I also take the BBC quote with a degree of caution. The stance taken by the Labour leadership, however, is equally explicable by Corbyn being an idiot.

KazakhToon likes this.
  3. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Sorry but I reported the comment.

I'm getting fed up of some of the disgusting things said on this site ( not you by the way Chaos). Isn't general chat meant for that ****e?

1) the use of the word 'mong' as I have a friend and worked with people who have downs syndrome
    2) some people threatening rape and/or death to certain cretins daughters - I know and have worked with women who have been raped and my daughter died less than 3 years ago.

This is a football forum not the neo-nazi forum.

4. Androminan

Androminan Active Member

It's all good mate I blamed groot because hes supposed to manage us.

Love you bro

Flash likes this.
  5. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I've obviously missed something here. If anyone has threatened rape and/or death to someones daughter, then they need to have a long hard think.

I think you need to be careful latching on the word 'mong' though as it does have multiple meanings. Its something that has always frustrated me as when I was younger mong was never associated with people with learning difficulties. It was a word used to describe some was basically lying about monged (usually from smoking weed). We had other offensive terms for people with learning difficulties - namely spacka. We seem to have got some way along to stopping use of that.

Some people use it to describe being monged from drugs, some people use it describe stupid people, and of course some people use it in relation to people with learning difficulties or intellectual difficulties. I don't know what way it was used though, merely pointing out it has several uses.

To give an example where mong is perfectly acceptable, this guy is monged:

Androminan, Flash and cronemeister like this.
  6. Warmir Pouchov

You two need your head checked to be honest.

mickeybnufc likes this.
  7. Androminan

Androminan Active Member

Tell me which part is wrong ? That's if you find time away from defending your borders .

8. Warmir Pouchov

I voted remain mate <laugh> I'm not that bothered about our borders bar I'd like us to adopt a more stringent process for taking people in. The vast majority of people who come here are non EU people. So if you voted to leave because of immigration then you've been truly duped. We've always had the power to control that, we just choose not to. Hence we have probably 150,000 people go missing each year after they overstay their visa. There is probably well over a million people wandering this fine isle, and our government have no way of knowing who or where they are. That isn't on the EU.

Its lazy angry remainers who have no classed the guy who murdered Jo Cox a leaver. Its pretty offensive really to both leavers, and those who are able to respect why people voted to leave. A quick background to the guy tells you all you need to know. He was a ****ing far right fruit loop. Its this kind of stupid sensationalism from fellow remainers which got us here in the first place.

Its similar in America. They all bang on about Trump, but the democrats are approaching the next election in the same way as the last one. A negative campaign to smear Trump instead of telling people what they offer. The economy is not a point you can take Trump to task on of course, he has delivered. However you can take him to task on any amount of policies he has. Instead they want to focus on russian involvement and other bullshit. Trump must be laughing his cock off.

The negative remainers are gonna **** us again if there ever is another vote.

RobEllious likes this.
  9. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Anyone who uses the word "mong" to have a pop at someone with learning difficulties needs a good seeing to in my opinion (not in a sexual sense either). I've used the word "monged" before as a term of reference to being well inebriated but I can see how it can be equally applied to the people who choose the harder stuff rather than drink for their social enjoyment....your video being a prime example of one such being.

10. mickeybnufc

mickeybnufc Well-Known Member

Anytime

Androminan likes this.

11. KazakhToon

KazakhToon Well-Known Member

I respect and understand why a lot of people voted to leave - their lives are rubbish and nobody's listening to them. UK governments have failed them and ignored them, in part because either they never vote or vote so consistently for one of the two main parties that it makes no difference what their policies are.

But the guy who murdered Jo Cox is in jail right now, not Broadmoor, in prison. He was sane enough that a doctor considered him fit to stand trial. He regarded Jo Cox as a "collaborator" and a "traitor" - language that started in the referendum campaign (by leave campaigners) and has proliferated since then (from leave-leaning media and leave campaigners). The guy is reported to have yelled "Britain first" as he stabbed her to death. So I highly doubt he would have voted remain had he not been in custody by the time of the referendum. His long-held far right views found a comfortable intersection with the leave campaign, and it was Jo Cox's advocacy for the EU and for the immigrant community which marked her out as a target for him.

If we get another vote, we should of course make a positive case for why it is much better to stay in the EU. But I fear that the far right terrorists who live here will take more lives as it becomes clear that the country as a whole does not stand with them.

12. Warmir Pouchov

You are saying you respect why people voted to leave and then go on to tell us why they did - including saying peoples lives are rubbish :emoticon-0112-wonde People who have very happy successful lives voted to leave. There is a myriad of reasons why people voted to remain or leave. Some people never wanted to be in the EU for instance.

That guy was not borne out of the leave campaign - he was borne out of the far right. Just because a bunch far right ****ers attached themselves to the leave campaign because they mistakenly felt it aligned with some of their goals, doesn't make it representative of the people who voted to leave. The guy had a history of psychiatric problems. Regardless of whether they found a way to try him as sane, that doesn't change. Straight question, after all you've read do you think he was of a sane mind? I certainly don't. This guy was obsessed with the Nazis for more than 25 years. That is who he represented, not the leave campaign. The leave campaign and the debate on immigration may have been a trigger point for him. The debate on immigration was one which was needed as I don't think anyone is sitting thinking the current immigration policy is fit for purpose. Just because he has then taken that and run with it doesn't make him representative. Britain First is a far right party created by former members of the British National Party. It started long before the EU discussion back in 2011. He attended their rallies and that is where that came from - not some rhetoric attached to far right infiltrated Leave.EU campaigns. Many people saw those organisations for what they are and simply focused on the Conservative led leave campaign which focused more on economics.

As I say its wrong and distasteful to present the killing of Jo Cox as anything to do with the leave campaign. That was a far right nutcase who'd built up to that moment over many many years. At best you could say the leave campaign acted as some sort of trigger for the act.

13. KazakhToon

I said 'I respect and understand why a lot of people voted to leave', not why all of them did. I don't understand why someone with a happy successful life would vote to leave. I don't respect why a racist thug would vote to leave.

I can't honestly speak to the guy's sanity. He was evaluated by a trained professional as having been of sound mind. The right-wing press focused at the time on his mental state. Whether or not he was unstable, the media environment at the time enabled and encouraged him to see a person like Cox as an enemy of the people.

By the way, the BNP's collapse as a political force coincided almost exactly with the rise of UKIP. It's no surprise they've morphed from the 'polite' anti immigration party into what they are now, which is extreme right. It's what the membership wanted. Just turns out as we saw at the local elections that it's not what the average British voter wants.

14. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

My father voted to leave. He would probably fall under your umbrella of having a "happy successful life".

He voted to leave partly because he never voted to join in the first place. He voted for to join a "common market" not a political union which came about many years later. He also wanted this country to regain it's sovereignty and not be subject to the dictats of Europe. I would guess that would be fairly representative of those of his generation who voted to leave but I'm only guessing.

There are many reasons why people voted to leave and not all tied in with money or economics but I do find a significant number of remainers make assumptions on why those who voted to leave did so.

Dorty Dogbreath, Flash and RobEllious like this.
  15. Warmir Pouchov

I don't have a problem with the media influence, I do have a problem with people presenting the guy as representative of the leave campaign. He clearly is not and its utter bollocks to be a bit more blunt. To be fair you don't need to understand why someone with a happy successful life would vote to leave. You only have to respect it.

The rise of UKIP came about for many reasons - the old Cameron bollocks about the BNP/closet racism is exactly that. When you sit on the right as it does, you'll always unfortunately have the far right trying to align with you as you have a viable way in for a rightly ostracised bunch of people. If you go back and chart the rise of UKIP, its pretty clear how its rise came about and how it happened over a long period of time. Its largely political reasons for its rise. At its core it was always anti establishment so given the feeling towards politicians since the 70's that's a stance which will always gain some traction. Its had surges over time. When the referendum party disbanded it had one as their membership sought a party that aligned with their needs. When the expenses scandal hit they had a surge. Its also about funding though and having people like Stuart Wheeler defect from the conservatives to throw his financial might behind them.

Basically don't believe the bollocks Cameron and his pals liked to pedal to distract from their own deeds. Indeed its actually alignment with BNP types of late that have seen the party lose traction. Farage always condemned the desire to link with the BNP types. Its move to the far right since the referendum has actually been its downfall.

Contrary to bitter remainers, this country is not racist or xenophobic on the whole. Nor is the leave campaign. Racists like Thomas Mair have no links whatsoever to the leave campaign. They may try to align but they are not representative.

16. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

When I used to drink cans, the lads often referred to me as ‘that monged **** in the gay pants’ but I just accepted it and was cool with their choice of descriptor. I think it’s right that it depends on the context as linking it to learning disabilities in any way just ain’t right.

I’ve deleted a couple of inappropriate comments on request from some posters but it’s rare I have to do it to be fair as the board just polices itself.

Us mods are lazy bastards so the less we need to do the better so please continue to play fair chaps and consider ALL our posters.

Now, if it’s a Mackem, then **** the six fingered bastard, fill your boots.... cos they overfill theirs with that extra digit...

cronemeister and Flash like this.
  17. mickeybnufc

mickeybnufc Well-Known Member

I totally agree,this could be written about me and thousands upon thousands like me,just because we are of a certain generation doesn't mean we can't think for our selves and make reasoned decisions

18. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Bollocks, I voted Leave cos of Anders Brevik <doh>

19. KazakhToon

He's in some measure representative of the leave campaign, he chose to couch his attack in leave-based rhetoric, he made the choice to do that, and to an extent the leave campaign can't choose to disown him, especially when they yell 'traitor' at Dominic Grieve and threaten to 'pick up a rifle and head for the front lines' if they don't get a no-deal Brexit. Yaxley-Lennon is in some measure representative of the leave campaign, and he's a violent man. The language and acting out of violence is coming from the right in this country, and they should take some responsibility for it and not brush it off.

Androminan likes this.
  20. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

What a load of cobblers!

Heed, mickeybnufc and Dorty Dogbreath like this.