1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Brexit and Stuff

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by flandersmackem, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

Erm Sid we had a vote. it was out, anyone in charge must deliver.and they can stick their 40 mill where the sun don't shine

Saf, Gil T Azell and Woody like this.
  2. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

We did Rog. But our wonderful political elite are doing everything they can to frustrate it. We need to do something to break the log-jam and appealing to their better nature ain't going to cut it.

3. Makemstine Roger

then we kick the twats out, but the thought of Corbyn in charge scares the **** out of me

Saf, farnboromackem and Gil T Azell like this.
  4. Sidthemackem

Staff Member

Me too. But I am not enamoured of the current crop of Tories, either!

5. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

It strikes me that we can have as many referendums as we like and general elections. The bottom line is that the country is split 50/50 over this. No leader from any party will be able to placate the other side. This is huge for our country...
    The original referendum was scandalous in its lack of true information that was made available. If....with the benefit of hindsight i'm sure if some of those who voted out just might take a different view now with the info at hand. That said, it was a democratic vote and we just can't continue to have votes until people change their minds...As I say, there is no end game to this, the county is totally split.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  6. Woody

Woody Well-Known Member

I voted to leave as I believe the eu is a self serving bureaucracy that is too euro protectionist and in which we had next to no real say about our future and is happy to allow with double standards to be applied outside the UK ... as I saw an example of in a recent TV documentary about intensive farming in Spanish Almeria, where immigrants where employed in shocking conditions on low to no pay and ex greenhouse plastic was thrown away without any consideration to the environment. I am disgusted with the way May is making a mockery of us despite our democratic vote to leave. Apparently she has the view that the negotiations have reached this stage thanks to concessions on each side .. yet has not given any details of a single concession the eurocracy have made. The negotiations are made complicated because the remainer gang, which includes big business, the establishment and very much the civil service, are making it appear so. May listened to her "advisors" when basing her General Election on a stupid and hypocritical stance of being "strong and stable" because her advisors told her it was a good approach, and nearly lost, and now her advisor / string puller , the civil servant oily robbins is dangling the UK out to hang with a "agreement" that we can't leave unless the eu says we can and which among other restrictions will prevent us from having an independent fishing industry and where we cannot make any trade deals outside the eu. May's brexit means remain and much pain.

7. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Tories... crap... Corbyn... Terrifying!! The current situation is where the term “rock and hard place” comes into its own!

If there is a general election I’d struggle to find someone to vote for! Don’t have any confidence in any of them. May is awful as a politician. And she’s running the country. That is my opinion of course from what I’ve seen if her in the commons

Gil T Azell and Makemstine Roger like this.
  8. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Politicians are all the same - Liars everyone of them

Gil T Azell and Makemstine Roger like this.
  9. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

I definitely don't trust this bloke...

10. Makemstine Roger

now this lie is not a white one its a whopper, the unelected jumped up little twat, he is loving it

Gil T Azell likes this.

11. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

Amber Rudd the new work and pensions minister was forced to resign in April this year after lying to parliament. So in that six months she has become trustworthy again. Absolute shambles

12. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Huh?

After the way the EU have bullied and showed their true colours during these negotiations? They have confirmed the plans to put together an EU army. I'm more determined to leave than ever.

A bloke who has a shop next to me has told me he voted remain but if the vote did come around again then he'd have no option but to vote leave as he's passionate about democracy.

We should have had a leave team on the negotiations from day one, but it's been the remain voters dealing with it and to scared to upset the EU and keep us as close to them as possible. The remain voters have a cheek to try and blame this ****storm on the leave vote.

13. Saf

The jocks don't hate us lot. They say Geordies are Jocks with their brains kicked out. I'm there all the time and when you listen to their argument for independence, it all makes sense. We didn't want to be ruled by the EU, so can you not understand them wanting away from us? They don't want to be dealing arms with Saudis etc, they want to start running their own country instead of Westminster making all the decisions without often giving them a say.

14. Sidthemackem

Staff Member

We give them a fair say on everything though. They have a devolved parliament and a disproportionate number of MPs at Westminster. We've even had a Scottish PM recently. I can understand them wanting a bigger say on how Scotland is run, but the relentless bleating is immensely tiresome.

15. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

16. Saf

<laugh>

So when we attack another country and Scotland says NO they don't want to be part of that, do we listen to them?

17. Sidthemackem

Staff Member

No. The clue is in the name. UNITED Kingdom. We act together and will continue to do so until they vote for independence. Or we do; whichever comes first...

18. Saf

:emoticon-0112-wonde

19. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

Just when you think our politicians can't get anymore stupid.......they decide to vote on kicking the PM at this critical moment in our history. Who in their right mind would want this role at this time. To be honest, I am so confused at the way our country is going...Its like watching a crash in slow motion. So Sad.

20. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

On Apr 1st we will have whatever we have and will have to get on with it.
    Britain will be fine , if the politicians put into the country and it’s people as much effort as they are currently mustering to whinge and argue