1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Borini

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by superblackcatforever, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poyet's Eleven

Poyet's Eleven Well-Known Member

Agree with this. For me the highs of the cup run, particularly the second leg at OT and taking the lead at Wembley and the highs of going on our amazing run outweighed the lows.

2. Poyet's Eleven

Exactly, he's 23 but your point is still valid. He'll only get better.

3. Stu_SAFC

Stu_SAFC Member

No idea why 'up to' £14m gets people annoyed.

There's no way we're paying that up front. If it turns out to be £14m then we will have qualified for Europe, won a cup, and he'll be playing for Italy. In which case it'd be worth it...

4. Red and White Mac

Red and White Mac Active Member

if he can get 10-15 goals this season it will be worth it. plus he is versitile and can play around the park. we saw his passion and quality next season and know exactly whant we are getting. he was one of our better players last year so its good we have finally turned a loan into a permanant deal. plus its a sign that elliss is getting a bit looser with the wallet

5. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

My only fear is that I think we need three or four more players at least as good as the lad. I can't see us spending the up £42-56m required to get them.

6. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bex, perhaps I am being a little unfair on Borini and being a little too negative.

My concern is that its constantly alluded to that there isn't a big transfer fund there and one of our biggest problems last year wasn't the quality of the strikers but the service provided to them. I'm just hoping there's still a few quid in the kitty to get those service providers we so desperately need.

7. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

Ditto.

8. Poyet's Eleven

I think there will be, we are clearly taking our time to get the right players in.

Everything seems to have been planned, so I would imagine this won't have any significance on our other planned signings

9. Bexinio

Bexinio Well-Known Member

mate if the signings stopped after this i would be worried too but i truly believe we will get some other players too. Don't forget we already have 3 premiership players in on free transfers. That's 4 premiership experienced players for 14m transfer fee

10. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

One difference between successful clubs and mediocre to struggling clubs is that they have goals coming from all over the pitch. The season before last I think it was Man U that had goals from 23 different players.

If we can get some attacking midfielders in and get more players in who know where the goal is, I'll be happy. And yes, there's still plenty time available to do so, so yes, there are reasons for being positive.

11. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Borini and Giacc together scored 15 goals and made 9 assists in their first season in that position, Borini gives us options up front, Giacc can switch to the right or play down the middle, This gives back our attack a bit more strength and versatility, something we wouldn't have if Borini doesn't come back.

Another creative player needed. Cm, Vergini, Alonso and another CB and I'll be happy. So that's five players more I think we need min, still have our two domestic loan slots left which is handy as we need them again this season, such is the job. We could just have a squad for this season.

We still need to shift a load of ****e too.

12. We was unlucky

Your just signing him to ensure you **** us up every derby game, which was the only reason we kept on renewing Shola's contract <whistle>

13. Tickler

Tickler Well-Known Member

Problem being shola did **** all for around the last 7 he played in

14. Disco down under

Aye, playing Shola ****ed you too.

15. bigfattiger

bigfattiger Well-Known Member

Honestly think this window is one where you add on a third of a players actual value and that's the required fee. As someone mentioned we paid £7-8 million for Snodgers who at most was £5.5-6 tops.

Borini is decent though, seemed to drift in and out of games a bit but no doubt on form he's PL quality and a 12+ goals striker.

16. Bexinio

Bexinio Well-Known Member

Aye and last year Man Utd had the worst year for about 20 years. There is no formula for success, the only thing I know after watchinghim all year is that we have signed a player who we know and trust which is great. Need I remind you of the 14 we didn't know last summer! We all want success for our club and I'm very happy in what we are doing right now, lessons have been learned I hope.

17. Disco down under

The Telegraph, the mirror and the liverpool echo are reporting this now.

18. Tickler

Tickler Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;MzDUNrq1DO0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzDUNrq1DO0[/video]

3 things in particular there say why he is worth £14m

Also just seen someone point out

West Ham spent £12m on Enner Valencia on the back of a WC....

Yet we spend £14m and the world says wtf....

19. Poyet's Eleven

Sky now reporting it, their "sources" is the internet

20. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

As long as we get QUALITY in I'm dead chuffed we've got Borini in on a permanent deal. My only gripe is that the noises coming from the club seem to indicate to me that the budget is tight. If we've just spuunked our entire kitty up the wall on one player who we already have decent cover for, and will now be selling to buy to fill the other 5 places which we are DESPERATELY weak in, then this would be a **** up. End of the days none of us knows the financial situation so I'm willing to trust Gus.

More I think about it the more I'm happy with this signing tbh. I can't believe Gus would blow everything on one player, he's too smart for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.