1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Borini

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by superblackcatforever, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Guess we'll have to disagree then mate, Borini for me just goes missing far too often. Effort doesn't equal ability under any circumstances, everybody loves a trier and somebody who will give their all, that's how Scott Parker ended up with a bag full of personal awards, but in the end he was ****. Borini has a decent enough shot on him, but he's nowhere near clever enough on the pitch to justify an eight figure price tag.

Moses was great at Wigan, in his last full season there, although maybe you can attribute that to Martinez I suppose.

Concentrating big parts of a budget into a player who made little to no difference last season is suicide in my opinion. The money would be better spent on two solid midfielders at £6m each than one winger-cum-striker who may or may not fulfil his 'potential'.

2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Fair do's but my point is I still don't see the relevance what so ever, very different players. They didn't even play the same position. Giroud didn't have the most productive first season, so I'm using the example in the only way I see any similarity(albeit a very loose similarity). You weren't finding anybody justifying Giroud's price tag after his first season. I was just drawing attention that's it's a piss poor way to form a valuation on Borini when he'll probably only seen him play full games a few times. Liverpool value the lad at 12m with all their coaching staff and scouts, Sunderland value him at around 8-10 with all their coaches and scouts. Most of fans have valued around 8 and we've seen him play loads. But this lad values him at 6m based on a piss poor comparison on very different players with virtually **** all in common. It's just daft mate, It amuses me much.

Love lectures from Mags me. :p

3. Tel (they/them)

I might not be wording it properly, **** it.

All I think is that if my club had scraped out of a relegation zone last season, the last thing I'd want is big parts of the clubs budget going on making one of the players who were part of such a depressing season a permanent fixture. At £6m it's a no brainer but at £12m it's ridiculous.

4. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

In those simple broken down terms, and keeping it simple with my reply, yeah, it is.

5. Tel (they/them)

I wasn't aware he was a mag! ;)

Mate, if you'd be happy then that's all that counts, keeping the fans excited and making the signings they want.

It's a shame he's a ****ing dirty bindipper or I might be able to give an unbiased opinion!

6. Tel (they/them)

Moving away from that then, what about that kid Marseille have just signed that Batshuayi, you seen much of him? I love watching Marseille when I catch them on the tele, they're one of my favourite clubs so I'll be interested to see how this kid gets on. He's supposed to be another **** hot piece of Belgian waffle off their conveyor belt.

7. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Seen nothing of him mate, but Marseille no how to pick a player, I'll keep an eye out.

8. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I want him like. i think he's got more potential than a lot of folk give him credit for.

9. Tel (they/them)

Touted as one of Europe's hottest properties recently, although there's probably a few lads who've made that list and turned out to be fairly **** mind.

Bojan Krkic for one.

10. Tel (they/them)

Just spoke on the phone to a fella I do a lot of business with who's related to Phil Thompson, he reckons the scousers have been trying to get him to Swansea as part of a deal to fetch Bony in.

Makes sense for Liverpool but I'd imagine Swansea won't value him at the £12m Liverpool do.

11. Red and White Mac

Red and White Mac Active Member

i think 12 is a bit steep but it was always going to be a high price as the bin dippers paid over the odds and they know we want him. if we pay the 12 it would be a lot better purchase then some of our previous signings and we know what to expect from him. we could play the game and leave it untill towards the end of the window and hope liverpool play ball if they think they will be stuck with him untill january. you run the risk someone else will snap him up

12. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Just as a point, he's been very heavily involved in their pre-season, they might not actually be looking to sell at all.

Just a thought.

13. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Don't be daft man, that's what you lot paid for Xisco plus all those wages for playing on his X-Box <doh>

14. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

6m, 8m, 10m, 12m..who gives a ****, it's not our money, Short will pay what he deems as acceptable. Not like he can't afford it.

15. Travelsick07

Travelsick07 Well-Known Member

Well that's my point, we paid what, 5.7 million for Xisco and he had a better scoring record than Borini over seasons. And actually he's doing well now, fired his team back into the Primera with 17 goals in 51. We just treated him like utter ****e here and I gues he didn't fit in. And now you're arguing that paying double that for a player of similar quality is reasonable? How many of the 7 goals he's scored for you weren't penalties? 3? 4? You're going to pay 10 mio for a striker who scored a handful of goals from open play despite despite starting the majority of matches?

Hey, I'd be livid if this was my team, but since it's SAFC... you go girls. 12 mio, gettem, he's pure-bread quality.

16. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

What about Owen, a rip roaring success <whistle>

17. Travelsick07

... so your point is that since we wasted money MANY many times in the past (and probably will continue to do so in the future) now its Sunderlands turn to do it?

18. Smug in Boots

Well that must be pleasing for you <laugh>

And when did I say that paying £12 million for Borini was reasonable let alone argue the pint?

This is why I can't take you seriously, when you come on here, you just make up ridiculous ****e to 'prove' your point.

Coming from someone who's club signed de Jong, last season, I suppose you know all about strikers.

19. Travelsick07

Sure can tell a dud when I see one. We didn't sign De Jong, we loaned him out. Bit like you and Borini. But you don't see us going back and putting down millions for him, do you now?

Besides... ireiterating my clubs extensive history of s**tty signings hardly helps preventing your club from making a mistake.

Hell, if I was in charge of a premier league club I'd just go and buy a bunch of germans, maybe austrians and swiss. They're just better athletes.

20. Smug in Boots

Is that why half of your squad is French?

BTW, you've no idea whether Borini would be a mistake just like you've no idea about Riviére ....... you're just guessing.

If you're suggesting Borini would be a ****ty signing you're either idiotic or tainted by bias, it's simply a financial question.

Borini's sell on value would be a large consideration, he's already proved he can score goals, some great goals, in the Premier League.

You should know that at Newcastle.

If he repeated that again this season, in a settle side, his value would certainly increase from £10 million.

I seem to recall it worked that way with Doreen Bent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.