1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Borini

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by superblackcatforever, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

De Jong played utter ****e and never scored. Borini scored 10 goals, a lot of them came against top class opposition. You can't even compare the two.

2. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

He can, I've rarely seen anyone put an argument so badly then follow it up with more ****e to support it.

If that fails he just makes up quotes that you've never even suggested. The quality of wums, on here, is at an all time low <doh>

3. Travelsick07

Travelsick07 Well-Known Member

Hold up, I didn't mention De Jong, you did. I didn't compare the two, I never wood. Borini is a tidy player, De Jong I don't even know what he is...he looked like a nervous wreck.

Did Borini score 10 league goals for you? I thought it was 7, including a bunch of penalties.

Smug, am I in charge of what my club does? Or who they buy? All's I saying, at 6 mio I'd take their hand off for Borini. At 7.5 I'd probably take him but at 12 no way. He's not worth that. That's all I was saying and if 12 mio is what SAFC has to spend on their first team striker, I'd be looking elsewhere. 12 mio pounds are 15 mio euros. You can get full international starters for that money.

You clowns, I never mentioned De Jong. What does De Jong have to do with it? I just agreed that De Jong was poor for us. What are you guys putting in your pipes lately?

4. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

How can you say that, I replied to your quote about DE JONG. Have a check. You even stated that we didn't see you go back in for DE JONG and put millions down for him.

Go back to bed, sleep it off and then come back and have another try <doh>

5. Smug in Boots

You keep stating opinions as if they're facts.

Is Riviére worth £6 million, is Snodgrass worth half of what was paid, how much is Ben Arfa worth, it's irrelevant.

Wickham was worth £2 million before he saved SAFC around £60 million by keeping us up, now he's worth what we paid for him.

If Borini does the same he would be worth every penny of £12 million and would would vastly increase his sell-on value.

Looking solely at transfer fees is ****ing infantile to be straight with you.

6. Travelsick07

Travelsick07 Well-Known Member

Smug mentioned De Jong first, I never brought him up, nor does he compare to Borini, who has proven himself as a player capable of playing at the top level. De Jong failed.

Can we move on from De Jong then? The problem with this board is you're so traumatised by last seasons events you won't even allow yourself to have a decent football discussion anymore. And yes I came 'round to poke fun, as you would, you guys were sucking at it hard. But I'm always over to have proper discussions, not just wind people up.

I've no idea what Riviere is worth, I've not seen him play. Time will tell, he could be a complete dud or sensation or more likely a journeyman.

I think when talking about a players worth you have to compare the players ability and achievements to that of players that have recently gone for a similar price tag. So there we have players like Bony and Benteke who carried their teams on goals and then we have Borini who couldn't get a game in his parent club. Maybe you have some emotional ties to Borini, also because he scored some massive goals, like against Chelsea, and of course emotional goals against us.

Do you endorse your club spending 12 mio on Fabio Borini tomorrow, yes or no?

7. Smug in Boots

Sunderland won't pay £12 million for Borini so it's not a sensible question.

Is he worth £10 million at 40K a week or £12 million at 50K a week, and over how long?

Is there a bonus structure and a sell on clause from Liverpool or a hundred other clauses?

Quoting a fee is simplistic and ridiculous.

8. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

<doh> You really should read what you wrote instead of making ****e up without looking.

You stated "But we didn't put millions down for him" referring to De Jong in comparison to Borini... Ergo - you need to check your pipes before asking what's in ours

9. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Why is this thick ****ing mag Harping on about 12m for borini? That's just the rumoured asking price from one section of the media. <doh>

We've not bid that much and not likely to if we did it would be in performance related extras so would then justify the price tag. This **** has barely seen Borini play. He's a ****ing imbecile.

10. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Cos he thinks it big and clever, to go to another board and try and be controversial?

He offers **** all, but wants to be loved.

11. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

How could we love him? He's got nowt about him whatsoever. Proper ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz.........

12. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Maybe he is lacking something?

13. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

All players are worth the same.... What someone else is prepared to pay for them.
    It's as simple as that!!

Are they worth it?
    Well, that comes after they put their lovely coloured boots and get on the grass doesn't it.?

Was Wickham worth what we paid for him?
    2011 - No
    2012 - No
    2013 - No
    2014 - Absolutely !!!!

14. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

Upto £14m

15. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

They only wanted 12 million, so can't see this being right..

16. Tickler

Tickler Well-Known Member

2 times reporters and a echo reporter tweeted it

So I'd believe it

Reckon £10m with add ons

17. bonnybobbypark

bonnybobbypark Well-Known Member

Disappointingly expensive.

x

18. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Looks like all our eggs have gone into one basket.

19. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

I think about 4m will be additions dependant on appearances, and international caps etc.

20. Tickler

Tickler Well-Known Member

Ross McCormack went for £11m

Robert Snodgrass went for £8m in the last year of his contract

We live in a world with an inflated transfer market due to TV rights

Just be happy we have agreed a fee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.