1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter window

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Stan

Stan Stalker

Sanchez is one month older than Mikhi.

2. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Not realised they were of the same age. Always thought that Mikhi was about 24-25 years old. In that case, I would definitely do a swap. With no money changing hands even better!

3. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

if it goes through, we will be swapping players, but Sanchez will bang in 12 or more by the end of the season - compare that to Mikk's goal return and we're in a win-win situation. We have more than enough strength in mikki's position, so we don't lose anything at all ................... we just up the wage bill by the difference between to two salaries.

4. Style

Style 'where is the love'

Sanchez is a truly class player, be very happy if we get him.

5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Look on the bright side, at least you aint being linked to Andy ****ing Carroll......

Christiansmith and glazerfodder like this.
  6. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

This whole board is pretty much officially dead. Christian will have to join Diego over on our board. He'd feel well at home there <whistle>

7. glazerfodder

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It doesn't say signed, it says agreed.

It's very quiet on this transfer today, maybe things are afoot. I think Mhky will do well at Arsenal as there is less expectation and less pressure to achieve, they accept lower levels at that place. Without that burden of pressure he should be more relaxed and get on with what he can do.

He proved last year he's more than comfortable at Europa league level but he can't quite cut it and champions league level. Perfect for Arsenal.

9. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

£30m to swap the two is steep, given the contract situations, but then we are the ones initiating the transfer, and given the gap in quality between the players it is a deal worth taking. No point keeping a player who isn't pulling his weight when there is a definite upgrade available.

glazerfodder likes this.
  10. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

I'm sure the deal will go through, it's just Mkhi's agent playing hard ball to try and squeeze a few thousand more a week out of Arsenal.

If worst case scenario happens and Arsenal and Mkhi can't agree terms then I'd be fairly sure we would step in and bump up his wages, as it's still very much in our interests to do so. As it's still a lot cheaper than having to pay the 35 million asking price for Sanchez, and having to pay all of Mkhi's wages to sit on the bench.

Having said that it's still in Arsenal's interest to agree terms, when they face the prospect of losing Sanchez for nothing in the summer if the deal falls through. Atleast they can get Mkhi on a long term deal.

I think Mkhi could be a hit at Arsenal if I'm honest, as Wenger isn't really a tactician like Mourinho, so Mkhi should have more freedom in Arsenal's team to show what he can do.

I think it's a good deal for all sides when you take everything into consideration.

11. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

he is getting 490k a week !!!

12. glazerfodder

Greedy fecker - that's more than I get. Just

Shwan71 and Diego like this.
  13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Who added the £90k on since this morning <yikes>

Shwan71 likes this.
  14. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The Mirror and the S*n...

15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

If this is the case then we've done very well out of it, regardless of remaining contract length of both players etc.

It has to be borne in mind though that Sanchez's wages will go up by £100k a week for every additional half day this drags on so by the time he signs he'll probably be on £750k a week, fact.

17. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

If it's without a fee then we've had a result.

We will have got rid of a player who was surplus to requirements, a player who would have been difficult to offload because of his wages. And we will have gained a much better player.

Sanchez's wages admittedly are getting silly now. Even though we are getting him on the cheap I think it's a dangerous game to start paying wages of 500k a week. As unless he is our standout best player during his contract with us, other players in the squad are going to ask for similar money.

18. gav81

gav81 Active Member

If Sanchez is asking for upwards of £350k per week on a four year contract as has been reported then I wouldn't want him. I preferred the days when Ferguson used to enforce a form of wage structure at the club to maintain squad harmony, keep everyone grounded and ensure players came to United for their professional pride, rather than simply money.

19. glazerfodder

I know what you mean, but I suspect those days are long gone. Where I live there is an U14 side that has a good history of providing young talent to the lower leagues in Spain. There is a young lad playing at the moment who is good - and he knows he's good, as does his family. Already this a**hole is demanding that his current side collect him by car for each game ................. his Dad drives to the game anyway. Sadly, for me, this illustrates the way the game is going, in fact, the way it has been for years. Every single player is in it for the money, nothing else.

20. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

He's only got that because he is almost on a free. Look at the maths: a player like Sanchez with a full contract would cost at least £100m. This is not an exaggeration if the likes of Coutinho are going for £145m, dembele £95m and Bale is being quoted 85-95m. So that means a saving of £65m for the club in terms of fees.

The days of players only going to clubs like United, RS Barcelona Madrid just for love are over. This is relatively short career and if you are lucky to have the talent you should use it to secure yourself and your family to the full.

BUT this does not mean that the other players will see this huge wages discrepancy this way. Dressing room harmony could a big issue.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018