1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter window

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

You've got to hope that none of this is true as it displays and embarrassing 'scouting' set up.

****ing Vardy and Hernandez? Seriously?

Hernandez who can't get in the West Ham team and couldn't get in our team before he left? Why's he suddenly good enough?

****ing bollocks.

cytrax likes this.
  2. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Par for the course for you lot

#pogba <laugh>

3. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

I think it would be a strange one if we bought back Hernandez, I don't think it's been all his fault at West Ham but if he's not getting in a relagation struggling side, then why are a team 2nd in the table after him?

I don't think Vardy is a good option either, I've watched a lot of Leicster this season, and whilst he is still useful, I think his ability has regressed a little bit. He'd also cost a lot more than he's worth, and he's a 31 year old who relys on pace.

Sanchez is the only one I'd like to see, especially if we can offload Mkhitaryan to Arsenal as part of the deal. Mkhitaryans wages will probably be a stumbling block for Arsenal though, as he's certainly not worth the 180k a week we pay him.

I think we probably need to be looking on the continent for a striker if I'm honest, Immobile at Lazio has been really impressive this season, so he'd be the guy id be looking at first as a potential January signing.

4. Red Hadron Collider

'Immobile'? <laugh> Shocking surname for a striker. You've got Lukaku, Rashford and the Swedish ****er. What do you want another striker for?

5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Because the Swedish ****er looks finished?
    He certainly won't be around next season.

Lukaku needs more competition/an alternative to.

6. King Shergar

Sounds like a good nickname for Andy Carroll, who you payed 35 million for <laugh>

7. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Our wage bill in hyper inflated. How many of our players earning millions would make equal at any other club?

8. King Shergar

Not many of them that's for sure. The point I was making though is that if Arsenal where to agree terms with Mkhitaryan then they'd either have to match or better his wages, or persuade him to take a pay cut.

Not many players are usually prepared to take a pay cut, so the club who are stupid enough to pay a player more than they are worth usually get stuck with them.

It's the problem we've had with a lot of the players we've had on over inflated wages. Rooney and Schwienstiger we basically had to give them away just to get them off the wage bill. And now we are basically trying to give Mkhitaryan away too.

9. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

We certainly need to be more disciplined. How could Mkhitaryan earn that much to begin with? Why do we offer them such inflated salaries?

Slightly off-topic; I read somewhere that Martial may be dragged into Sanchez's transfer saga. That would be a grave mistake swapping a highly rated 21 year old for a 29 year old player that's probably past his peak. I would hate Jose until he leaves if that ever happens.

10. King Shergar

That would be very stupid of us, to be honest I'd be amazed if the board wouldn't step in and put a stop to such a nonsical idea.

Mourinho is all about short term success, doubt he intends to be here for the long term, so it wouldn't suprise me if he would try and risk our future talent just so he could leave on a high.

Arsenal would think Christmas has come again if that happened.

cytrax likes this.

11. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Micky's only on £120-140k a week depending on what (credible) source you read, so if we do a swap with Arsenal for Sanchez who is on £160k a week they could easily cover it unless Micky makes silly demands. They are also trying to flog Walcott who is on £110k so they can easily afford Micky's current wages.

Haven't seen any evidence we are considering swapping Martial. Just Wenger trying to get something decent out of the deal when the player has them over a barrel. Didn't they try and drag Vidic or Valencia or someone into the RVP transfer in 2012 when it was obvious they were losing him?

12. King Shergar

On football manager he's on 180k <whistle>

13. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah and his work rate is 17/20

#fakenews

14. King Shergar

All jokes aside. All reports I've seen on wage bills he is at 180k a week.

15. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Think it depends on whether you mean basic or total.

Utd have put most players on lower basics with high escalations for goals, assists etc. Zlatan was on £100k per goal last season according to some reports. So Mickey probably got around £180k a week total last year when he was contributing, but now that's dried up it's probably down to the bare bones.

King Shergar likes this.
  16. Red Hadron Collider

#panicbuy

17. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Sanchez:

Great coup by JM if he comes here. He would have hijacked a done deal by City and he would have been seen to get one over Pep.

If he fails then no big upset as he was expected to go to Pep anyway.

If he comes, he'll be a great addition. We have few players who can turn a match: Pogba is one. Lingard and Martial on their day could be. Sanchez would be another with his drive and his willingness to fight for the win.

He would have to be paid a king's ransom. But the maths suggest that even at £350K/week he won't be such a bad deal: United will be buying him for £35m but he is worth about £80-90m in the current crazy market so saving £45-55m in intial outlay. Paying him a signing on fee of £15m means the saving will be reduced to £30m-40m. Normally he would be paid about £200K so paying him an extra £150k over 4 years means an extra £30m, which is the saving from him being a free agent.

So we are no worse off financially. I would have him in a shot.

18. Christiansmith

And if Sanchez guarantees a CL place, which at the moment is not nailed on then he'll be worth (for the money men) the amount United paid.

For all the talk of title being the objective, the true bottom line objective is the champions league. It provides the competitive matches, the money and the publicity. Of course the premiership title and being called champions is great but for the owners and the financiers, the diffrence between champions and runners up is very little.

19. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Seems like the latest from Mikki's agent is that the deal will be a straight player swap with no transfer fee payable either way- that being the case, even better value for us

20. Christiansmith

Not sure it is a great deal for us. Sanchez is 29 and is on a free in 4 months. Whereas Mikhi is young and has 3 years of his conrcat left.