1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Who else has had covid??

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

I quite agree about the mental instability.

I'm waiting to start a new business. It should have started this month, then due to Covid, I put it back to February. After the latest announcements about a six month plan,it's now looking like May at the earliest.

I'm ready to put the wheels in motion, which will take 3 months before the business actually starts trading, but the sector I'm going into is too badly affected at the moment, so it would be madness to do so. It's driving me f*cking crackers mate. It's like an itch I can't scratch.

Only saving grace is that this sector will recover very quickly once things get back to normal.

2. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that - take it easy, you should be fine.

My son thought that he had it in March but couldn't have a test at that time, he went back to Uni last month and one of his flat mates was Covid positive so they all had to isolate and have a test. They all tested negative but still had to finish the 14 day isolation just in case.

I had some kind of virus in early Jan this year (before it all kicked off here) , I had a really bad sore throat and dry cough during the first day, had a high temperature that night. I had a bad headache, stomach pains and felt really tired and couldn't do much for the next few days. I didn't go to the doctor or have any tests but it took a few days before I was over it.
    It would be interesting to have an anti-body test but there's little chance of that happening in the near future.

3. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

Me and the missus caught it in May, both of us started with a sore throat, cold symptoms and generally feeling like complete ****. We both thought it was just cold but got tested just to be on the safe side and both came back positive. Both of us were seriously run down and just slept. The wife lost her sense of taste and smell which didn't come back till recently, while I got out of breath and tired really easily - even I was sitting down and had to take deep breaths. I think both of us were really lucky compared to the cases we saw in the media at the time, we still have some side effects 5 months down the line and it looks like they could take some shifting. Hope it isn't too bad for you mate, just get plenty of rest and fluids and get well soon

MrRAWhite likes this.
  4. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

Best wishes to you.

MrRAWhite likes this.
  5. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

sorry to hear this Tees - if your feeling down I would highly recommend the "Just for Mr RAWhite" thread

MrRAWhite and Saf like this.
  6. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I’ve had to isolate 5 times now in total but never had it, in the first wave didn’t know a soul who had it this time around it’s rife, I know that’s likely due to testing.

Our office has been closed for 2 weeks after an outbreak now, and you can’t help but think closing everything, including schools, uni and offices for 2-3 weeks is the way. Total lockdown surely, surely would be short term sacrifice and end transmission?

Nobody I know who’s had it has been especially ill off it mind, most have continued to work from home and such.

I have to second what Smug said mind, mentally I’m starting to find it tough now, I’m a very social and busy person and the lack of Liberty is becoming a real strain, I’d take 3 weeks of nothing if it would break the cycle.

7. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

Nothing to worry about Tees, it's all a hoax (I read it on the internet) :emoticon-0105-wink:

Seriously now, stay safe and i hope it all clears up. The kids will be the hardest part so judt tell them that you're isolating to make sure that their grandparents and santa claus are safe (he's an old bugger too).

MrRAWhite likes this.
  8. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Short term doesn't feel all that short term in Melbourne.

7 cases in a state of about 6 million today and the state government have said the numbers are too high to ease restrictions.

7 months of lockdown with a three week break in the middle.

I'm going full American Psycho.

Nads likes this.
  9. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Take it easy big lad x

Teessidemackem likes this.
  10. spirit of 73

spirit of 73 Well-Known Member

Take care Tees,
    You've done all the right things.
    Felt ill
    Got a test
    Positive result.
    Straight into self isolation.
    Good man, wish half the country was as conscientious as you.
    Keep posting and the lads will help get you through it.

11. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I was lucky. I've had the antibody test and have had it but the symptoms were mild (despite underlying health conditions) and I suffered very little. Hope you're OK @Teesdarlomakem along with anyone else who has had it or is suffering from it or any other ailment

MrRAWhite and Teessidemackem like this.
  12. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

Stay positive Tees , hope you’re through it soon

13. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

It can vary massively from one person to another. Some of my colleagues have antibodies but don't remember ever being ill. Myself, I felt terrible for nigh on 6 weeks but not bad enough for hospital. I lost my sense of taste and smell around 4/5 days after my symptoms started. It came back very slowly about 4 weeks after that but even now 25 weeks later I still can't taste or smell some things properly. Some things have a weird background smell that's the same as each other. Coffee, farts, sometimes beef when it's cooking have this strange smell included that was never there before and smells the same for each. They all have similar smells to previous included but they aren't as strong anymore. It's really ****ing weird.
    I have colleagues who still struggle with doing anything more than walking around, start on stairs or try and increase anything form a stroll and they struggle shortly after. Another is still off work and he's been off around 21 weeks now with high blood pressure, breathlessness, heart palpitations and one or two other things on top.
    I hope you aren't too bad with it, the ongoing issues is only with a few that I know who have had it so you should be ok as I know lots more who weren't badly affected as opposed to those who were. It's pretty random as well, massively overweight colleagues with heart issues had a sniffle so to speak. I know some who run marathons and are young who struggled for quite a while and ended up off work for 2 months

MrRAWhite likes this.
  14. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

My biggest problem with the way the PM has handled the whole crisis is the tone of his message.

All the fist pumping and bombastic rants about 'fighting and beating the virus' was idiotic and, in my opinion, doomed to failure from the start.

Fighting and ranting doesn't beat a virus and we can't fight it ...

... it's invisible.

It's the calm examination of scientific facts, a proper testing/tracing system and the right message given to the public that's needed.

That message is 'Right everyone, this is really serious and we have a massive problem. If we have to keep away from each other to minimise the death toll then we'll just have to live with it.'

Telling people to get out there and 'fight the virus' leads to the defiant scenes of young people dancing in the streets and organising house parties. What we need is quiet sacrifice where people respect each other, stay apart as much as possible and give the scientists the time to catch up.

They're the only people who can fight and beat the virus ...

... they have big microscopes and that.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  15. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

I wish you a speedy recovery Tees. Just focus on the end result of seeing your boys and that should get you over the line.

16. Monkey boy

Monkey boy Member

Speedy recovery Tees. Not had the virus but an elderly relative did back in March. Take care.

17. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

Tees, in between exercise try some crosswords, sudoku etc for 15 mins or so to keep the mind going. If you are able to sit still there are good tv series, documentaries to watch. On top of that stay safe. Its mental as well as physical.

MrRAWhite likes this.
  18. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Pretty sure my wife had it before the first person in this country officially had it, before the hysteria, around early February I think. She had the most persisting cough, violent bursts lasting around 5 minutes non stop, went to the docs. She was diagnosed with borderline pneumonia. Doctor basically chased us out of the surgery, said 'I want to leave now!.' I'm sure he suspected but didn't mention the word coronavirus. About a week later I had a nasty cough. Nowhere near as bad as hers. If we didn't have covid we had something equally as nasty.

rooch 3 and Hefty fullback like this.
  19. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that news Tees. None of us have known anything like this before, and it must be especially hard for the younger children in our families, so try and keep any anxiety you may have, away from them if you can, easier said than done, but all things being equal you should be fine, so get well soon bonny lad. <ok>

20. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Hope it's plain sailing for you mate with no complications