1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Who else has had covid??

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Ive just had a positive result this morning after suffering no taste at all yesterday.
    I feel like **** today feverish, bad head and stomach etc.

Whats everybodys elses experience been with it? Its abit daunting not knowing how bad i will get when you read some of the stories in how it's effected people.

Im in Lockdown now on my own for the next 15 days, with no access to my lads, so mentally its going to take its toll on me aswell.

2. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

Not in the North-East and (touch-wood) not had anything yet.... My wife is a school teacher so I'm thinking that at some point. Anyway stay safe Tees and here's to a fully recovery, get yourself on your phone/tablet and have daily family meetings/chats. It's surprising the amount of good that will come from that.

3. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Good luck with the recovery mate, the ro-ro won't know what hit it by the time you're done with it.

4. Teessidemackem

<laugh>. Thanks mate :emoticon-0148-yes:.

5. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Have you any idea how you caught it mate
    ..??.?
    Pub shops work ..etc
    Look after yourself
    Keep the lads safe
    Speedy recovery

6. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery mate. If things worsen, obviously seek medical help asap. Hopefully they won't and two weeks will be over in no time.

Stay positive and try to keep yourself busy and/or sleep yourself better. I'm sure there's loads of movies you haven't seen for a while, now would be a good time to watch them. All The Best!

7. Teessidemackem

No idea mate, it could have been from any of those places.
    Thanks i will do. I can't see my lads now unfortunately. I had them last weekend and dropped then dropped them off at school Monday. I only started getting the symptoms yesterday, so my ex is having to isolate with them now.

8. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

My wife thinks I've had it because I had a cough, a temp and occasional loss of taste for over a month this time last year but I dunno I think it was a chest infection. Didn't seem to give it to anyone else.

Good luck with it mate hopefully it'll be a mild case of it, the vast majority are.

9. rowley

rowley Well-Known Member

Don't think I've had it, but you never know. I felt like ****e before last Christmas with many of the described symptoms, but it didn't feel particularly different to other nasty cold/ flu episodes we all have occasionally.

A queer one this, but we'll all have to learn to live with it, as much as anything for the rest of society. Particularly the younguns, who as much as possible should have their youth.

Teessidemackem likes this.
  10. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Good luck Tees and anyone else affected, it's a dreadful state of affairs.

I thought I was quite cool with almost everything but I can see it's having a psychological effect on me.

We're all going to die and I've no fear of that but I don't like the thought of becoming mentally unstable.

Blyth_bucaneer, Saf, Nads and 3 others like this.

11. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

Same. You're right though about the transmission. I was convinced it was covid with the symptoms I had but no one at work seemed to catch it off me so probably just chest infection also.

12. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Mrs tested positive as she's a nurse, ill for 10/11 days.
    Never known her sleep so much.
    Lost her sense of taste/smell.
    Said she hadn't got it back but one of my good farts proved otherwise.
    I was ill same time, not tested,
    Lasted about 14 days.
    Had about 5 different symptoms/illness all lasting about 2 days with feeling of improvement between each.

My 76 year old father who suffers with emphysema, copd and tb got it, was ill 9 days and had to go into hospital about another 7 as he wasn't eating and deteriorating.
    He was positive for Corona and pneumonia.

He's out now and back in wetherspoons every afternoon :rolleyes::D a small blip and trip back to hospital last week when a 15 year old pikey in a brand new focus st hit the taxi he was traveling in head on :eek::emoticon-0130-devil

On the subject of Corona.
    A lad in work said last night.
    His mates mrs got sent home from work with suspect Corona symptoms.
    She was told to get a test and only return if negative obviously.

She booked in for a test and turned up to a huge queue.
    Taking too long she had to leave without being tested to pick her kids up from school.
    A few days later she received a letter saying she had tested positive :rolleyes:

13. Montysoptician

Montysoptician Well-Known Member

Take care Tees, hopefully with age and fitness on your side your recovery will be quick and without any serious complications.

Saf and Teessidemackem like this.
  14. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Hope you are feeling better soon mate.. No one in my immediate family have had it, but my daughters boyfriend had it last month and had to isolate. A number of friends I know have had it though and two people I know have died from it..

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  15. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Take care mate

16. Teessidemackem

Thanks mate. Ill ignore that last sentence :emoticon-0107-sweat

17. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Out of the two people that died, one was a women in her eighties that was a friends mam and the other was in his early 60s and overweight, although he always came across as a strong bloke to me.. You don't fall into any of the at risk categories and I'm sure you will be fine..

18. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

Good luck with this Tees.... Don't know you well, but you seem young and fit, so hopefully what you have now is as bad as it gonna get...take care and speedy recovery

Teessidemackem and MrRAWhite like this.
  19. Teessidemackem

Yeah im sure i am although theres been plenty of Fit young people struggled aswell.
    Its abit daunting knowing you have an illness thats killed thousands of people and not knowing what the outcome will be for you.

Its something you dont really think of until you actually experience it yourself.

20. Neil

Neil Well-Known Member

4 friends of my daughter's (early 20s) have had it, in Leeds, but got over it pretty quickly. 2 friends of ours in London (late 40s, early 50s) had it early on and weren't too bad and haven't had any long term affects. One friend's father (90s) had it locally, in the Midlands, and died. I think that if you're under 60 and reasonably healthy, then you'd be unlucky to be seriously affected, it could happen, but it's not likely.