1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic what else should we try to ban

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

I used to work alongside an Operations Director who’s first three words of response were,”ooh, yeah, no...” and then always go on to give some woolly explanation as to why his performance indicators and pretty graphs showed that production and efficiency were on the up, despite my numbers saying something quite the contrary.

Unfortunately, he enjoyed sucking off the CEO and fingering his anus, so I walked and let them get on with it. A right pair of ****ers, they were. The CEO was ex-PA Consulting and simply lurved a pretty picture over black & white numbers.

They’d have been welcomed in New Labour by the Blair Creature. In this Brave New World it doesn’t matter how things are, merely how they seem.

2. Uber_Hoop

We had a similar experience about 2 months ago, but thankfully it was warmer then, Gray. Despite countless requests to get the boiler serviced (oo-er, missus) Mrs Uber was too busy watching CSI and those ultra-****e ghost shows on UK Brainless to lift her delicately manicured fingers, so the boiler got ****ed, then so did the immersion heater, then a leaking pipe into the hot water tank, then the shower pump. Cost me about two grand.

The good news, however, is that when the team went to investigate the eerie noise upstairs in the old stately home there wasn’t anything there. Again.

kiwiqpr and sb_73 like this.
  3. Uber_Hoop

People who say “train station” instead of “railway station”.

4. Uber_Hoop

People who describe buffet food as “little eats” and “tartlets” and tell you how “moreish” they are. I want to stab them in the head like Rick despatches Walkers.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  5. Uber_Hoop

Anger issues over quite petty things.

kiwiqpr and sb_73 like this.
  6. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Virtual signalling celebs ...

please log in to view this image

please log in to view this image

kiwiqpr, GoldhawkRoad and Uber_Hoop like this.
  7. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I’m braced for about 3 grand for this ****er, it’s a complicated house. But it will be worth it to get the feeling back in my feet and fingers. Now running the showers with no one in them in an attempt to make sure pipes don’t freeze. We knew the boiler needed updating but were paying British ****ing Gas to maintain it, never missed a service. ****s. Ban them.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  8. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Oh how I wish we could ban Vaillant boilers and de'longhi radiators. Yesterday evening Mrs Nines was feeling somewhat chilly due to the inclement cold weather so she upped the boiler and turned on the oil filled de'longhi radiator. Within half an hour we sat there dripping with sweat as our living room mimicked the climate of a tropical rainforest. :emoticon-0141-whew:

In order to try and achieve some respite from this unpleasant situation we had to throw open all the doors and windows to try and alleviate this extreme heat. On the flip side of all this I've just returned from walking the dog absolutely freezing, I could barely feel my fingers or toes. But thankfully that was soon resolved with a steaming hot shower. So hurrah to them.

kiwiqpr and Uber_Hoop like this.
  9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Just **** off. **** OFF.

But we are going to buy a Vaillant boiler. British ****ing Gas, which don’t stock them or fit them, recommended it. ****s.

I’m going to keep on posting about this until it’s fixed or I die of pneumonia, which ever is sooner. Not because I want to bore people or expect any sympathy (this is a first world problem), feel free to ignore, but because I think the tapping away staves off frostbitten fingers.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    kiwiqpr, Uber_Hoop and QPR999 like this.
  10. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

We had the same thing with British Gas last month. In our area BG have and install Vaillant boilers, it must be a regional issue. They quoted us £2,300 for a Vaillant eco fit pure 418. The problem was it would take them 3 weeks to get round and install it. We got a local fitter off of Checkatrade to match the price and he came and fitted it the next day.

kiwiqpr, sb_73 and Uber_Hoop like this.

11. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Small independents are always better than the BG behemoth and usually considerably cheaper...

12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Independent bloke coming a 8 tomorrow morning to check it out (not the sometime between 9am and 6pm offered by British ****ing Gas), says it will be two days to fit and done this week.

kiwiqpr and QPR999 like this.
  13. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

Bicycles and the obnoxious, self-righteous, ignorant wan£ers that ride them. Usually four abreast down the lanes where I live. These cretins, dressed predominantly in lurid colours that would otherwise be used only to adorn a 5 year old girls birthday cake, sway all over the road creating a major hazard for motorists. They are an increasingly pervasive, vile irritation as they bunch along the roads at 9mph moseying from cafe to coffee house. They are probably vegetarians too. What a terrible and selfish way for ones mid-life crisis to manifest itself.

14. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Here in NY the gas/electric company is responsible for the supple to your door, after that your on your own

Lawrence Jacoby likes this.
  15. 1982_Ranger

1982_Ranger Well-Known Member

Whilst you have my sympathies, as this this happened to us a few years ago, that exact phrase passed through my mind as I read about you fetching your skiing thermals.

sb_73 likes this.
  16. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Even though as a teenager I rode a bike everywhere, now cyclists irritate me endlessly. On the road they now require an entire lane and seem to have no problem holding up a queue of traffic. But my special contempt is reserved for those who ride on the pavement without regard to pedestrians. I can just about permit this in the under 12s, but blokes in their twenties in full rig, including the special hat, get shouted at.

kiwiqpr, IwasanotherwatfordR and Ninj like this.
  17. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

The trend for celebrities (and now every CHAV/NED) to name their children after some mythical creature or some character in a movie/show.

Peaches Geldoff
    Zowie Bowie
    Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily (FFS)
    Pochahontis
    Maximus
    North West

The list goes on....

18. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Old hat, I was going to name my first born daughter Platform One (not where she was conceived btw) but was overruled by 'She who must be obeyed'. I'd obviously been under the influence of Frank Zappa and some peculiar cigarettes...:grin:

Steelmonkey, Uber_Hoop and UTRs like this.
  19. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Storage heaters. They either heat up the room so it is hotter than the sun, or the ****ers do sod all so that it feels like Vladivostok on one of its 'chillier' days!

They are CRAP!!

UTRs likes this.
  20. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

<laugh><applause><ok>

kiwiqpr and Steelmonkey like this.