1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Wearing the 'muzzle' from tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Conspiracy Theorist, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Conspiracy Theorist

Conspiracy Theorist Well-Known Member

Anyone not going to wear the mask (When shopping from tomorrow) ?

I can appreciate both sides of the 'mask wearing' stance, read the against argument here: (Peter Hitchens)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/...NS-Face-masks-turn-voiceless-submissives.html

'Face masks turn us into voiceless submissives - and it’s not science forcing us to wear them, it’s politics'

Typical ambiguous advice from the Tories in regards to the mask wearing and it's all being implemented far too late IMHO. It almost feels like an after -thought. With less than 24 hours to go there's still no sign of the actual legislation needed to make their use in shops compulsory.

I read this Government advice earlier and done a double-take... 'You will be exempt from wearing a face covering/ mask if you have any communication needs that require you to lip read'

Seriously that message is as confusing as **** when you read it out loud.

Smug in Boots likes this.
  2. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I think it’s a crock of **** personally, like telling somebody who’s already 30clem to stop eating cakes.

It’s just the latest in a long line of **** shows. I actually bought some masks off the Adidas site a couple months back that remain in the pack, I fully expected them to be introduced as soon as they started to lift restrictions. There’s really no explanation for them being introduced now.

That said, I don’t buy for a second that it’s a control thing, it’s just a hapless government unit lurching from one dogs dinner to another.

3. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

My view is that wearing a mask won't kill you ...

... not wearing one might.

I don't trust people to be hygienic at the best of times, many haven't made an effort during a virus that's killed thousands.

I've been in shops in France, today, and have worn a mask to show people I'm not taking liberties with their well being.

But I appreciate that, but for the news, I might never have realised there was a virus.

4. Conspiracy Theorist

Are most people in your vicinity wearing mask whilst out and about ? My impression was that most of the western/central European citizens had done that (early on in the epidemic) and moved on.

5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

You wouldn’t believe the amount of folk pissing and not washing hands in bars like, I e pulled easily 10-12 so far.

I mean, you wash your hands after a piss even without a ****ing pandemic, it’s not the act of pissing as I’m sure covid doesn’t cling to your pork sword, it’s the fact that there’s all manner of other folks fluids in the atmosphere in a public toilet.

Morons.

Blond Bombshell, Saf, C19RK73 and 3 others like this.
  6. Conspiracy Theorist

I've never understood why some people just ignore basic hygiene, I remember walking out of a restaurant once, (I'd even ordered my food) I was having a piss- when I noticed a kitchen chef walked straight out the toilet cubicle after taking a dump and and he didn't wash his hands.

Blond Bombshell likes this.
  7. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I grab folk me like, I’d have went ****ing wild at that mate.

When I’m office I’ll chase someone through the building and shame them for it, it’s basic ****ing humanity as far as I’m concerned.

I will admit I’m a bit OCD about hand washing and always have been, but ****ing hell. Folk who wash and don’t dry just as bad, literally making a breeding ground on their hands. Mad.

8. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Masks are compulsory and the vast majority are wearing them, there's just a general acceptance tbh.

9. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

Here you have to do it there is no option,failure to do so is a big fine and no way will you get served anywhere

QWOP likes this.
  10. safc-noggieland

safc-noggieland Well-Known Member

My two pennuth:-
    I wear a mask not so much to protect me - if some bugger sneezes in front of me - no guarentees.
    But I wear a mask so people in my vicinity know that IF I unknowingly have the virus then any droplets from my mouth/nose will be greatly reduced.
    I will wear the mask as a sign of my care for my fellow human beings around me.
    That’s it.
    Respect is what it boils down to for me.

11. Conspiracy Theorist

clem I had to Google that - 1st time I'd ever heard of that colloquialism <laugh>

12. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Always be learning mate <laugh>

It’s also a testicle.

13. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

There is evidence out there that proves wearing masks reduces the risks to others posed by this virus. The one thing that seems barmy is the fact it's taken so long for this government to put this in place. Mind, this same government missed Cobra meeting after Cobra meeting in the build up and since have made countless **** up after **** ups so I guess it's not really surprising many folk are very wary of anything Boris the Bellwhiff and his cronies come out with.
    If nothing else it may help prevent further spikes being so big that I have to put up with and work around similar to what I have through March, April and May. I really don't want to go through all that again.
    People ask me all the time what it was like and I can't tell them, all I can ever say is it was horrible at times, any more and I start filling up. For these reasons alone people need to wear masks, if it only saves one out of a hundred lives it's worth it

14. Conspiracy Theorist

I've got a mask (my youngest daughter who bought it for me insist it's a fashionable one <cool>) only worn it the one time to date, on a short Metro journey- and that's only because my wife had the car at the time. So far I have tended to avoid busy/ public areas if I can help it.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  15. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

in this country they will not let you in the shops even grocery ones or on the train or busses, boy are they strict.

Comfy and Conspiracy Theorist like this.
  16. The Exile II

The Exile II Well-Known Member

*laughs in S10 respirator*

17. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I see people driving about, in their cars, on their own wearing them.

Some funny buggars about.

BigPete and Conspiracy Theorist like this.
  18. Conspiracy Theorist

Nads likes this.
  19. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

Keep seeing this but if you wash your hands in your house and put a mask on then leave it alone completely until you was your hands again and take it off when your get home, it's far safer than putting it on after touching the countless things on your way to the shop such as locking your house, touching your steering wheel, opening/closing your car door, grabbing a trolley/basket on the way in, leaning against that pillar using your hand, opening a door, pressing a button to open a door etc etc etc and only then putting something on your mouth and nose with hands that have touched potentially contaminated after contaminated surface just beforehand.

20. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Call me a cynic mate but I don’t credit a high proportion of the population with that admittedly solid logic.

rooch 3 likes this.