1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Wearing the 'muzzle' from tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Conspiracy Theorist, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

Maybe if you clean your hands then put your face màsk on using the rear connectors then remove using the rear connectors then isolate any potential point where anything has touched you may be alright. But hi ho ask the liverpool leeds or rave fans and they will keep you right

Conspiracy Theorist likes this.
  2. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Isn’t the really interesting thing in all of this that despite the raves, despite the pubs opening, despite gatherings for protests and celebrations, that there’s absolutely no sign of a spike?

3. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

Is there a sign of a dip in infections ?

4. Sandy Camel

Sandy Camel Well-Known Member

Feel like a proper peasant now with me poxy Force 8 like. I'm just going to get a massive pumpkin and wear that instead.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  5. Evil Jimmy Krankie

Evil Jimmy Krankie Well-Known Member

We have a virus for which, at present, there is no vaccine. People are dying all over the world because of it. Massive travel restrictions have been put in place to slow the spread. Hospitals and medical facilities are under the pump. As a result experts reckon there will be a recession that will take the world decades to fully recover from. This whole thing could have been prevented if proper precautions at the contagion site had been followed. Governments in every country are doing what they can to slow down and eliminate the spread of it (some better than others). A face mask will likely prevent or at least notably slow down the spread of infection if it’s worn. The combined medical brains of the world generally say that wearing a mask when you can is a good thing. Yet we still have people who are meant to be intelligent adults who think they know better than them. To quote Kris Kamara, “unbelievable Jeff”.

6. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

Loving the fact that the 'Trump' still calls it the China virus.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  7. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Aye,
    Never eat them peanuts on the bar :( :D

8. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Indoors wearing a mask may help others and yourself stop spreading/getting the virus...so imho it makes sense....outdoors not so much maybe...

This virus is not going anywhere, it is going to go around for a while yet until a vaccine/therapeutic is widely available.

If nothing else wesring a mask shows you are aware of the health implications atm and take them seriously..ie 6ft distance, washing hands...

Conspiracy theorists and nutty libertarians are against it, so is Trump and most of his supporters! So enough reason to do so!

Smug in Boots likes this.
  9. Comfy

Comfy Well-Known Member

What about petrol stations, do I need to wear one when I go to pay for fuel. Does the law include these shops

10. TopClub

TopClub Well-Known Member

These are the reasons why people should wear masks in enclosed spaces, based on what i have read.
    1. A mask cuts down about 70% of droplets etc when you breathe out.
    2. Up to 40% of people who get covid are asymptomatic but can still transmit the virus.

Conclusion, wearing a mask in public places in enclosed spaces is a no brainer.
    I wish the ****wits running the country would put ads out to simply explain the reasons, preferably by a scientist like Van Tam who has a good public profile.
    No doubt the above points will be debated, but its just information i have found on the net.
    I also bought some snood type masks from virustatic that have a protein coating that kills influenza and covid 19 virus on contact, so these are supposed to protect the wearer. Its not known how effective they really are but google virustatic to read up on it

11. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

There’s been a constant drop in the infections rate for weeks, both pre and post lockdown.

Of course, the numbers of infection aren’t dropping rapidly, it’s generally 4-600 per day, but as we are now testing close to 200,000 per day it’s quite significant.

I feel international travel is going to be the risk, Spain is starting to have issues.

Conspiracy Theorist likes this.
  12. Conspiracy Theorist

Conspiracy Theorist Well-Known Member

@TopClub thanks for that info - think I would prefer a snood instead of a mask, especially if so we have to wear them in the winter.

13. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

It’s like wearing a condom when you’re in bed. Alone.
    Daft twats.

14. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Think the people in Leicester, Blackburn et al might not agree with you there Nads.

dred likes this.
  15. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Don't understand why putting on a mask when you go into a shop then take it off when you come out is such an issue to some people.
    just been into my village shop and all three of the customers were masked up as was the lady serving us, where's the problem?

dred, old lads fan, rooch 3 and 3 others like this.
  16. Norway

Norway Well-Known Member

In Thailand, which has approximately the same population as UK, we were told to wear masks and social distance as soon as the pandemic started, they even decided to fine people for not wearing a mask in a public place, even outdoors. As a result of the Thai lockdown and masks there have, to date, been 58 deaths, compared to over 44000 in UK. Yet there were still health officials in UK against wearing masks!

17. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Yeah but there’s an explainable pattern in these places, linked directly to shared housing and working conditions.

That’s not linked to lifting restrictions, it’s just more visible as the infection rate around it has gone down. Apparently the situation in Leicester is the cities dirty little open secret, everyone knows about it and nothing gets done to stop it.

Its almost like folk are massively against a return to normality.

There’s a solid reason why there’s been spikes in Leicester and Blackburn, why is nobody asking why there isn’t a spike in Liverpool, after the PL celebrations, in London after all the huge protests, in Newcastle which has been incredibly busy since 4th, or anywhere else?

Why do people only want to look at the negative sign? There are hundreds of towns and cities and a fully explained spike in a couple is more of a thing than absolutely no sign of issues in the other few hundred?

I don’t live in that world personally. Whilst I’ll remain cautious and do my bit, I no longer believe that I have to let this thing and this hapless government control my life.

18. Sandy Camel

Sandy Camel Well-Known Member

Off out for the day tooled up with me snood. Got no bother wearing a face covering in shops an that, makes sense to me and I've wondered why we didn't follow some other countries and do it sooner tbh.

19. Conspiracy Theorist

Conspiracy Theorist Well-Known Member

Bloody typical had to pop into the city centre by bus this morning as the engine management warning light come on my car (more bloody expense!) Anyhow meant I had to leave my mask on most of the morning whilst sorting stuff and moving around the town, noticed quite a few peeps going into The Bridges- stores and shops and not wearing any mask or face covering.

20. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

That was you was it stood next to you but couldn’t recognise you <laugh>