1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Trumpy pumpy.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

If I find their sensibilities to be irrational or without merit (in my own opinion), then no I do not care for them.
    As Stephen Fry put it:

please log in to view this image

2. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

3. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Our twins at 17 weeks looked exactly like a minaturised new born (besides the omphaloceles that caused them to be unviable). If you hold one in your hands you can't help but think of them as just tiny babies... People.

To see them that age and realise that viable babies could mature almost another month beyond that and be legally aborted really changed my opinion on abortion.

I'm still not completely against abortion being legal but I do think they should only be done for the right reasons and people getting them should be educated on how developed the foetus theyre aborting is.

I don't know a foetus's ability to feel pain but I'd rather err on side of caution.

saintPort&Ginger likes this.
  4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I would definitely agree though, that 24 weeks is too far gone.
    If they do not want the child after that then they should carry it to term and give it up for adoption.

5. Milk not bear jizz

Giving birth to all our children cost about $3000 each WITH good insurance. And that was 8 years ago for the youngest now. Medical care has skyrocketed in last decade.

I suspect uninsured abortion probably would cost more than double that.

6. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

it really does make you thankful for the NHS to be honest.
    People talk **** about it all the time, but it is a great institution.
    Albeit mismanaged a great deal of the time, and stretched thin.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  7. saintPort&Ginger

So, is it OK for me to go around insulting people just because I feel like it and they should just smile and put up with it, because all that matters is my own self-indulgence, regardless of its effect on others?
    I like Stephen Fry, but he is a smug bastard, and comes out with some crass rubbish at times in order to sound clever.
    I'm not talking about being offended by some trivial piece of nonsense am I?
    To equate people who have serious qualms about such a sensitive and insoluble issue with trigger-happy homophobic rednecks is simplistic and unfair.
    In my opinion.
    As I said, I don't want to go too far down this road so I'm inclined to leave it here. I've made my point, you've made yours - we know where we stand. <ok>

8. Milk not bear jizz

Granted I haven't dealt with the NHS in 20 years but I wouldn't hesitate to take Britain's healthcare over Americas.

9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Not at all.
    I gave my opinion on a matter, you chose to vicariously take offence.
    It wasn't my intent. Should I change my belief structure in case someone on the internet gets offended?
    My post had no effect on others

Being offended is 100% harmless. It will not kill you, it will not physically injure you, it will not damage you.
    There are no long term consequences of being offended other than people wanting to rid you from their life.
    We can't keep bending over backwards to please the offended. This doesn't teach them anything other than that if they whine enough they will eventually get their way.
    If someone is offended by anything I say then that is their problem, not mine.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  10. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

That's a well-controlled response. I was about to send out for the Butterkist <laugh>

11. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

He didn't take offence

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I know, thats why i said vicariously :)

13. saintPort&Ginger

So if you use say, a racist or homophobic term then that's perfectly ok and it's someone else's problem if they don't like it?
    I really am out of touch with modern society if that's the prevailing wisdom. <laugh>
    Come off it, Bod. None of us has a "right" to say or do anything we please regardless of the consequences - that's being utterly self-centred and anti-social.

14. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

No, and equating my stance on Abortion with either of those is ridiculous.
    I could even say that I take offence :p
    Being homphobic or racist isn't stating a valid opinion, its being a ****. World of difference.
    By stating a homophobic or racist opinion, you intend to offend somebody, even its only members of those minority groups. And statements like "all gays are...." or "all blacks are....." etc, isnt subjective, its just an incorrect blanket statement with no room for subjectivity.

15. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I don't agree with the premise that "it's my body" so I'll do what I like.

As the foetus is actually someone else's body.....

The time limit should 8-12 weeks max imo. If a woman doesn't realise she's been caught in that timeframe then tough luck. Barring extreme deformity or a health issue that puts the mothers life in danger.

Beyond that I think it's plain wrong. There's thousands of childless couples out there who'd adopt, and a huge shortage of babies, so take the consequences of your actions and see it through....

Just my opinion.

16. Solid Alboland

Solid Alboland Well-Known Member

very much doubt that would have been his view in real life when faced with the honestly held beliefs of a significant proportion of the UK's population.

17. Solid Alboland

Solid Alboland Well-Known Member

On abortion 2 points
    1. In the UK most abortions border on the illegal as the definition of the 1968 (?) act is stretched well past what was clearly intended in respect of the serious psychiatric harm to the mother

2. Clearly one obvious justification for an abortion would be having sex with
    a) Donald Trumps dad
    b) Donald Trump

18. saintPort&Ginger

And I could say I don't care. :emoticon-0172-mooni

It doesn't have to be as overtly confrontational as those two insults I've highlighted. It can be more subtle but still hurtful, and it can be subjective and still be hurtful.

Have to say that my argument has moved on from the original subject and is now just general. My bigger point was that no matter how much we might like to think otherwise, we are all constrained by social convention and rules of reasonable and decent behaviour. Not being unnecessarily offensive is one of those constraints and is a good thing, imo.
    Of course those rules are often ignored on the web by people who are bullies and cowards, which is why I always try to avoid writing anything that I wouldn't say face to face.

19. LuisDiazgamechanger

Donald Trump is the son of a Scotswoman. His mother, Mary Anne MacLeod was from the hebridean Island of Lewis, off the west coast of Scotland, from where she emigrated to America and met and married Frederick Trump, of German origin. At that time, MacLeod was the most common surname in the island and is well represented there to this day.

Mary Anne was born in the village of Tong, in the parish of Stornoway on 10th May 1912, to a fisherman named Malcolm MacLeod and his wife, Mary Smith. This couple had been married in 1891 and both were Gaelic speakers, and although not so widespread as it once was, the language is still alive and well in that region. It is thus likely that Mary Anne herself would have spoken it and the young Donald may well have been soothed by Gaelic lullabies as a child.
    upload_2016-8-5_17-4-45.png

20. BobbyD

BobbyD President

i love babies and i plan on having a few myself. i guess this hasnt really struck a chord yet as i havent been involved in one and im not a nurse but humans are the worst thing for this planet. We consume and we have loads of excesses. maybe abortions are not a bad thing.

i would also like to stereotype that the type of people who probably use abortions willy nilly because of a lack of birth control or social responsibility are more likely to be your vicky pollards and even though i don't really care about class, i would rather these types of people didn't multiply (people who think they don't need to work hard or contribute to society)