1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Trumpy pumpy.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Solid Alboland

Solid Alboland Well-Known Member

the person who i knew who had 2 by the time she was 19 was a spoit little rich (by local standards) kid.so yeah bit of sterotyping
    having said that if you were going to sterotype you should have gone for the Vicky Pollard type will not abort as it will increase their benefits whilst as middle/upper class women do have abortions so as not to effect their career/lifestyle

god it is so easy to taint huge chunks of the population ain't it perhaps i should become a politician or journalist

2. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Not without consequences, abortion. An ex of mine, after we agreed to try for a baby, got cold feet when she realised it may effect our semi-detached mortgage, holiday every year and new car every two years. Plus, she'd just got promoted. I was disappointed but not blameless - I wanted the baby but was relieved, if I'm honest, that she put her foot down. We reasoned that the time wasn't right and that we had too much to lose. We'd try again some time later when we had more money saved. We split up two years later as, for all the cars, houses and holidays, we just drifted apart.

I hope there's no God. I sometimes feel we killed someone so that we could afford to go to Aeghina. And now a sentimental word from The River City People:

The other side of the coin though Tobes is that, for all the adoption argument, we don't want a modern world of Philomenias. On balance, it's a woman's choice - especially as they're the ones who'll live with most of the consequences.

3. LuisDiazgamechanger

My opinion is, why having abortion when you can prevent pregnancy in the first place?. A woman having abortion can damage her
    chance of getting pregnant in the future

4. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Profession journalism is in your blood!.

Yea tbh i know nothing about abortiom statistics and I'm guessing if people have had one they arent open to discussing it so its not like anyone will have aby anecdotal data unless you worked as one.

I only know of 1 person who has had 1 and shes not what i described

5. Solid Alboland

Solid Alboland Well-Known Member

it's alright
    i'm sure the antibiotics i'm on will clear that infection

6. saintPort&Ginger

As I said earlier, my ex-wife was a nurse at a number of them and was clearly deeply affected. I also have a female friend whose daughter has had one and I've seen that side of it too. No man can fully understand the emotional turmoil it must cause, of course, which is why I don't want to be too judgemental. I just took exception to the dehumanising of the unborn child and the assumption that anyone who has concerns over abortion is illiberal and backward-thinking.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  7. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Because **** happens. I think it's unhealthy too that women are expected to be on the pill from 14 to 40, with an odd break for childbearing. That's got to be unnatural. My ex, a nurse, got my daughter on the pill at 14 to 'regulate her periods'. I didn't really get a say in it. It wasn't the sexual angle as the health issues that alarmed me, but even my sisters back in Liverpool seemed to nod sagaciously that it was a 'wise choice'.

We should be like dolphins - they can decide when to ovulate or not by choice.

8. saintPort&Ginger

That was always the rationale back then, because no-one wanted to admit it was about ...shock, horror....sex!
    It's another tricky thing to moralise on, tbh. Could end up like this:

* Record Points Total likes this.
  9. moreinjuredthanowen

The real story there is on the balance of probabilities "no way I'm a grandmother at my age."

The thing is lots of girls get fat on the pill.

There's lots of different means to the same ending with birth control, but only one keeps them safe ish from studs.

10. LuisDiazgamechanger

Pill is not the only method of birth control. The man who wants sex should take some responsibility too.

Diego likes this.

11. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

@Red Hadron Collider get off the pill. :bandit:

<sorry>

12. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

back to topic boys - this is about Trump and not about babies.

won't be suprised if Trump wins.

13. Milk not bear jizz

I don't honestly have a clue. There are certain states that always vote dem. Other states that always vote rep. Very few states actually change and are available to fight over.

Trump is polling ahead in those states.

I think it's Very possible Trump gets 40% total votes and Hillary gets 50% but Trump wins because he gets the most votes in the swing states.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

What trump is not saying is hes been all over maine, Pennsylvania and florida and has done everything he can already to whip up any support he can there.

In the end... we could be shocked as always is a big word. Sometimes those locked republican states can be in the landslide against a republican.

I think this election will be down to florida and jeb bush is anti trump...

I think clinton will get to work on those 3 key states and those polls will change.

Plus peoplr think trump is a clinton plant and will drop out or target some other no go area to put his foot in it so she wins.

15. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

The man has no shame, or intelligence it seems

16. saintPort&Ginger

Ideal candidate for the Presidency then. <ok>

17. saintPort&Ginger

This is what always baffles me. You'd think that the more he opened his gob the more people would see what a totally inappropriate choice he is as Prez, yet somehow he manages to actually gain votes by campaigning?
    The seemingly complete lack of awareness by such a large chunk of the US electorate used to make me laugh, until of course we saw a similar lack of discernment in our own politics.

18. Milk not bear jizz

I suspected hes a plant early on. Now I'm leaning more towards a vegetable.

Even if he started out as a plant he might decide to really give it a run now that he's ahead.

19. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

that is true, however it depends on what kind of backing he was promised before planting.

20. saintPort&Ginger

Aren't you going a bit Sisu there?