1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer & Rumour Mill.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, May 2, 2018.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

R&W - of course you are correct, BW was signed to replace Flint.
    BW is not a Championship CH and proves again LJ is a poor judge of a player.
    His belief is if I buy/sign enough (30) I'm bound to get the odd one right.
    They've squandered the Kodjia/Bolasie profits and now they're unloading the Crown Jewels.
    I just don't trust him or Ashton to spend any more money. His/their and ultimately Lansdown judgement sucks.

Red Robin likes this.
  3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

The most disturbing thing in that link is the comment that apparently Bobby has said he has no intention of signing a new contract with City. As far as Flint is concerned is it his decision to move on or is it just the rumour mongers looking for fresh fodder? I have this terrible feeling deep in mind that perhaps the L.J. show has lost it’s attraction and the ring-master can’t cope with the players leaving them with a total lack of confidence in his ability to run the show. The lack of actual motion forward must leave some with notion that our ship is in danger of running aground or,possibly even sinking, and it looks very much like some of the key crew members are possibly going to change ship. Remember those tears?

4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

As said i think were going up the river without any paddles.Disturbing times me thinks.

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

We are doomed - DOOMED I tell eee

All these players leaving....... oh - has anyone actually LEFT yet?.........

RedorDead and ccfcremotesupport like this.
  6. invermeremike

Landsdown did come out and say Lee is here for the long term and I’m sure that in most cases that would be considered a nice positive commitment fro an owner. Obsession appears to be the case at Ashton Gate and I wonder what would trigger the genie to be kicked out of his bottle?

7. Red Robin

Three and may be four or five wait and see :emoticon-0138-think:emoticon-0138-think:emoticon-0138-think

8. Red Robin

first three months if the last four months carry on,he will be gone.However i blame SL and his sidekick Ashton if the mess continues.

9. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

If they do leave we need to spend wisely , for whatever reason we were only good enough to fish 11th last season and towards the season end other than Reid , who at times seemed like the only one who gave a **** , the others just weren’t up to it , maybe a clear out is what is needed.

10. AshtonRed

Any news on Bryan?

11. invermeremike

Does anyone think that players, both present and possibles, have seen the back room goings on and decided to pass on the chance to ply their trade at Ashton Gate? Look at our past and tell me that it isn’t true.

12. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Mike - Financial stability shouldn't be a problem with Lansdown at the helm. He'll manage the money OK, but it's his "management" of his managers that could be a problem.

Playing your way out of the Championship isn't utopia - Wolves and Fulham did it - but it's far more difficult to achieve unless you spend serious money on players if you lose what you've already got. It's not easy for a manager to sustain when things go wrong and you haven't got a viable plan B to which your squad can adapt.

Is that the manager's fault? Probably so if he has sufficient input into the decision making, but it just maybe that he hasn't.

13. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

My feelings exactly.
    I love Flint, Bryan and Reid, but where were they when it all went flat after Christmas?
    We were scoring - but conceding was our problem.
    I’ll worry when we know who is in and who is out.

AshtonRed likes this.
  14. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Baker and Wright are ok at this level. You keep telling us how good Taylor is so he can replace Bobby and Kelly is fine at left Back and that before we get any body in

15. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

16. AshtonRed

To be fair to LJ , and in my opinion the main reason SL kept faith the previous season during the bad run , is his hands are tied by SL , also one reason why the list of managers wiling to take the reins at BS3 is shorter than it might otherwise be.

SC rocked the boat and suffered because of it , of course SL has been and is generous , but anyone who doesn’t do things his way doesn’t last long, I’m not making a judgement just stating a fact , or at least as it appears to me from outside.

17. AshtonRed

I’m interested to see how Taylor manages in the Reid role , fully fit I think , like RR, he may make a good go at it, only time will tell. Kelly isn’t good enough , yet, to be first choice LB ,

If Flint stayes and we can get a decent replacement for both Joe and Mags provided we also get a useful ‘older head ‘ preferably someone who can play central midfield and put his foot on the ball when needed then we’ll be fine.

Christ that’s one heck of a lot of ifs

18. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

19. Red Robin

I really think Taylor can fill Reid’s position infact I reckon Taylor is a better forward.
    Very clever and a natural goalscorer.
    However we need strength in depth.

Goalkeeper
    Left back
    Right back
    Central midfield general
    Left winger
    Striker.

For what it is worth Reid/Flint/Bryan and maybe two others will be gone.

What’s comes in I wait with baited breath.

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member