1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

This is Cross Channel Stuff, Cardiff & Connected Banter Thread.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Oldsparkey, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

TBH, I think we have blown it OS. Your only concern should be Fulham, I feel they may just nick it from you if they keep this form going - but that is a big if. It's yours to lose and I'd rather be where you are than we are.

2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Nuno thinks Cardiff are **** and Warnock is a ****er.

Supcon72 likes this.
  3. Supcon72

I like Nuno, he's perceptive....

4. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

I suppose its his opinion...spoken in true small minded form

5. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Very quiet over here. Where have all the "brilliant football" posts from the purists gone?

We can understand now why all you've got to chops about on this thread is Warnock's antics and that's fair enough, but there's very little else you can say is there? Looks like the back-patting has stopped, your team has folded on the pitch, and the Johnson bandwagon has hit the buffers.

The Man City "glorious defeats" are but a distant memory and now even the likes of Millwall and Brentford have got your measure and are too much for you. Over the Bridge here we'll have a hell of a job to hang on to 2nd spot with Fulham on our heels but at least we'll be in the playoffs at worst.

What happened - can you turn it around and still make the cut for the top 6?

6. RedorDead

We haven’t had a shot on goal in 180 minutes of football. So no I think we can safely say it’s Championship for us next season.
    And here’s the truth of it believe it or not. I’m not really that fussed about getting to the premier league. I would only love to say we are a premier league team but not actually play in it. I’m a old fashioned football fan and believe football should be played 3pm Saturday afternoon. I can’t stand this Friday night, Sunday and Monday night stuff that the Premiership serves up.
    And to top it off it was a Cardiff fan who first drew this to my attention. He is a season ticket holder that hated all the different kick off times when you had the season in the Prem, plus you’ve got 8 games less.
    As I said would love it to say we are a premiership team, but actually being in it would do my nut in.

Plus this league everyone can beat everyone and it’s really competitive compared to the Prem. Just my opinion but it’s all about money in the Prem not the fans. We are the ones who love our teams most of the players just see it as a cash cow.

7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I agree with that ROD, and have said similar on here before.

For many a supporter, just reaching the Prem from such a competitve Championship division is reward enough - it's only when you get there that the buzz recedes and reality kicks in.

It's fair to say most of us recognise that as a fact before the event, but tend to deny it on the basis of competitive rivalry. Getting there maybe the goal - being there is a different kettle of fish as we found out a few years back.

That's not to say I don't want to experience it all over again for the highs and lows - mostly lows - but this Championship division is where the real football club supporter resides. Apart form the "failure" chants if we don't go up, I'd be more than happy with another Championship season to look forward to.

8. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Love that post RoD. One year of top flight football would be immense for the novelty, but after that.... I couldn't imagine anything worse than turning into a West Brom-type club. It's definitely one where the journey is more exciting than the destination.

9. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Enjoyed our season in the prem if only cos I got to watch a few games in the NW. Had a couple big results as well.
    Probably the best time was the repeated flirting with the playoffs then a couple seasons in the playoffs along with all the heartache.
    As Rob says, it's more about the journey.

Would still be chuffed to bits if we finished 2nd.

AshtonRed, BCFCRob and RedorDead like this.
  10. RedorDead

Bet Cardiff fans are relieved that drawing with Fulham on our ****e run keeps them two points clear.

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Yep, very grateful ROD.

Maybe us doing the double over Middlesbrough and Brentford, and drawing with Millwall at the Den will help you make the playoffs?

Then again, maybe not. :emoticon-0105-wink:

12. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I think a Bristol City vs Cardiff playoff final is written in the stars.
    Taylor to score the winner - which would really piss Rovers fans off - Warnock to refuse to shake LJs hand and storm off, blaming the referee or the groundsman - one or the other.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Well it wouldn't be his fault would it? :emoticon-0105-wink:

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  14. RedorDead

My dream scenario would be level points to Fulham with a worse goal difference. And then Cardiff lose to Millwall in the semi's after their fans invade the pitch and hold the game up for 10 minutes. And the EFL do nothing as they wasn't bothered with Colins gripes
    I'm not bitter are anything mind :emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0130-devil

15. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

That wouldn't surprise me at all - they did nothing about the lack of snow in Derby. :emoticon-0105-wink:

If we don't get autos, I can see us finishing 3rd. Now in that case, should you manage to get 6th spot, there would be a couple of tasty games to come. <laugh>

16. RedorDead

I will bet you and I'm not a betting man that we won't be in the play offs

17. Supcon72

That postponed game may well work in your favour now as you know what you need to do, had you played it and lost or drawn your fate would be out of your hands right now. Plus Derby have hit the skids since then, so all in all you did well out of that decision.

Hard to see past Villa or Fulham (if they miss autos) in the play-offs, unless they have an off day they will see off you, us and anyone else imo.

18. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Different class of wacking it. Bristol City are taking seven eight passes to bang it up top and Cardiff wack it often first time. One suits Cardiff the other doesn't suit Bristol City as the players are not there to do it well at all. Likes of Bryan want to play to feet a lot and its look like Johnson wants to go lo long ball Lee and bigger up top.

19. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Do you mean the "brilliant football post from the purists" aren't on here because you're not playing it any more?

If that's the case, then why change what appeared to be a winning formula that was serving you so well? Tiredness, injuries, suspensions - we've all experienced that but that shouldn't change your much vaunted ethos at the club.

From what you're saying, it appears the change to "route one" tactics since the New Year hasn't come off and doesn't suit the players you've got. The question must then be who should take responsibility for that? It's already cost you a shot at the autos and may well cost you a playoff place as well.

20. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with purist. prefer football on the deck. prefer Wengers Arsenal Liverpool and Forest to Grahams Arsenal and Wilkinsons Leeds. The Gas have been Bristols long ball club. Osman went down that route and gates went from 13000 to 7000 here. Pulis here for only a few months is hated to this day.

why change the style? dunno. maybe this was idea all along and its turned out to be pony. the new signings added nothing or worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.