1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

This is Cross Channel Stuff, Cardiff & Connected Banter Thread.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Oldsparkey, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

I love our away kit, it should always be purple and lime. Looks great and few clubs have an away kit which is as identifiable as their home kit.

raver likes this.
  2. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Dont need too. everybody who knows the ball is round knows what Neil Warnock is about. Google Warnock and cheating and you get hundreds of thousands of results. many are facts. he cheats big time.

Its not ours or all of ours. for many its white black and red and will always be just that we have to wait a few season for it to come around again.

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Google it <doh> - I've heard it all now.

You obviously haven't got a clue what you're talking about if you've got to surf the net to find something on Warnock. Your prejudice against him is overiding your knowledge. You came out with his "gamesmanship and cheating" - gamesmanship certainly no problem, but proof of cheating - put up or shut up.

BTW, I've got no problem with Johnson in any respect other than I don't rate him, but whilst your Googling for cheats, have a look if you can find anything on Bailey Wright - I'm sure he'll be on there somewhere.

4. BCFCRob

I agree with you OS on Warnock but not on Wright. That was absolutely ludicrous.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  5. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Sparkey Warnock has done a fantastic job in one season at Cardiff.

I would swap Johnson for Warnock the guy is in a different league,city fans can call Warnock all the names under the sun,however he certainly knows how to get out of the championship.
    Something Bristol City cannot and have not done for 30 plus years

Oldsparkey likes this.
  6. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Rob - I've got no issue with Wright and didn't even want to mention him, but just making the point that you can "Google" anything. <ok>

7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Why don’t you just swap clubs and support Warnock then you will be happy and we will be on cloud nine. :emoticon-0119-puke:
    But you will have to follow him to his new club once Cardiff sack him in October

8. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Hopefully us :emoticon-0102-bigsm

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  9. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Warnock is a fantastic ‘Mr Fixit’. His record at this level speaks for itself.
    It would be interesting to see how he fares if given an opportunity and a budget in the Prem. I personally think he would struggle.

Lee Johnson is still learning his trade and he is very lucky he has a patient and wealthy chairman willing to back him.
    That said, if he lasts the season (which he will even if we get stuffed in our remaining games) he hasn’t got us relegated from this league so that makes him on a par with his dad as jointly the best manager since Alan Dicks - who incidentally was nearly sacked in the early years.
    That’s sad reading and reflects our relative immaturity at this level of football, but true.

Just edited: whilst obviously disappointed with the current form and waning chance of a playoff place, I consider this season a success overall. For the past 2 seasons we have been worried about relegation. Before that we were not even in this league. We’ve had some amazing adventures this season - culminating in beating Man U and giving Man C 2 good games.
    Yes I would rather be in Cardiff’s position but can look back on this season with pride.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  10. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Sorry about last night - for you as well as us.

Didn't want Derby to finish top 6 and it looks like we've virtually gifted them the slot after that second half crap from our defence. Tough for you as it would have been, it looks like mission impossible for you now.

We could well be resuming this "cross channel" stuff again next season if we gift goals like that in our last two games. <ok>

11. BCFCRob

I didn't even check the score after I saw you guys were 1-0 up. What a lovely little surprise.

12. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Really? Or did you think you had no chance of a playoff spot anyway?

13. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Unfortunately our coffin's had all but that final nail hammered into it already - we almost had a chance of a reprise when two up against Hull, but no-one's thrown away points like we have in 2018.

Not sure if I can quite bring myself to say good luck, but the battle between you and Fulham for that 2nd spot is a fascinating one! Obviously you'd want 2nd sewn up before then if possible, but it's nice still having something to play for on that final day, rather than it be a dead rubber.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  14. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Well Nick, even if Fulham drub Sunderland on Friday night and we lose to Hull the next day, it'll still be down to the last day.

Worst case scenario is Fulham will be 2 points ahead of us are away at Brum on the last day. We're home to Reading and will need the win. Fulham will just have to stop Brum winning and they may play for a draw because of their superior goal difference - very dangerous tactic.

Of course Sunderland could drub Fulham on Friday and then we beat Hull on Saturday and it's all over - we can live in hope.....<laugh> <ok>

15. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I'm expecting you to win both and make it moot - Hull will likely be slightly less motivated now that they've mathematically survived and I think, with the prize on offer, against Reading will be all the incentive you'll need to win.

However much it hurts to see a rival outdo you, it has to be said that Cardiff and Warnock have done extremely well this season. Though ours has ended like a fart that's turned out to be a s**t, we shouldn't be tearing it all up and starting from scratch. Lessons have hopefully been learned - next season is likely to be tougher because they'll be a greater level of expectation, whereas this season we've been one of a handful of over-achievers.

16. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

We will
    We will be like passing ships next season <cheers>

17. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

I hope the opportunity for you to right arises. It would mean we went up.

Might turn out to be a disappointing end to the season for both of us yet.
    :emoticon-0107-sweat

18. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

And that is why so often on here you are a laughing stock....

He may get you there but he can't keep you there and he knows it which is why he will walk away from Cardiff if they do promote. He, like any sane person knows that his tactics will be found out big time in the Premiership, it's been proven the case before!!

No other manager will get from that group of players what Warnock has - which in one respect is great, however if he leaves them, they are right royaly fu**ed in the Prem with those players and his tactics. That sort of instability can lead to succesive releagtions, I'd rather build - albeit slower, but boom and bust - no thanks!!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  19. Supcon72

And that is why a few on here has you marked as the 'village idiot'......

He may get you there but he can't keep you there and he knows it which is why he will walk away from Cardiff if they do promote. He, like any sane person knows that his tactics will be found out big time in the Premiership, it's been proven the case before!!

20. Supcon72

Yes and no for us, we never expected to be this high, but it feels like a low after the way we petered out the last couple of months.

If you don't go up automatically then I really think you won't go up, very hard to see past Villa in the play offs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.