1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Wenger Criticism Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by suker_suker, Nov 5, 2014.

1. The Bonstar Wandit

The Bonstar Wandit Well-Known Member

That's the problem. You can have the best musicians in the world, but they'll sound poor with a terrible conductor. There's no point in buying great players with Wenger in charge. He needs to go.

2. Smirnoffpriest

Smirnoffpriest Well-Known Member

I'm annoyed at the sh!te way we're playing and at Wenger himself at the minute, but I have to say if I had to chose who to trust between Wenger and Merson... well it's not a hard choice to be honest.

3. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

The fact that Wenger even let Merson's crisitsim get to him tells you all you need to about what sort of state he is in mentally. A few years ago, Wenger not bother with what guys in the media had to say, he would brush if off, but back then he was the smooth professor, now he is just a has-been.

4. Smirnoffpriest

I don't agree that he's a has been, but there has definitely been a worrying change in his attitude in the last month or more. He looks haggard and without any fight left in him

5. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Damn right. The man looks ill. I think for the state of his health, he should just go. Despite my anger with him right now, he is still a ****ing legend and he can proud of his achievements and he will never be forgotten.

6. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

How can he be anything other than a has been? You don't seriously belive he is capable of building a title winning team?

7. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

I have always been a wenger supporter but I think he should step down in the summer what made him a great manager was his eye for foreign talent at a time when nobody else really knew about youngsters in france now due to globalisation of football everybody has caught up with him and a few have surpassed. I'd like to see Klopp or Martinez take charge when wenger leaves

8. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

Just for the record guys (and girlz)

When you manage to drive Wenger out, please send direct to Loftus Road. We'd be happy with a manager of his abilites whilst you lot scour the world looking for someone who could do a better job

Thanks <ok>

9. Smirnoffpriest

You mean better than the might 'arry!?!

10. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

Wenger can do great for a lot of other clubs, most of us want to be winning titles, competing, and Wenger doesn't deliver that for us, so it's all about expectations.

11. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

Wengers biggest failure this season was selling TV couldn't he buy a CB before we sold him I'm pretty sure if we didn't sell him we would have a lot more points this season

12. goonerman

goonerman Member

Problem with TV was that he had succumbed the Arsenal disease of picking up injuries & was not often fit/match fit. My big worry is that if the spiral of mediocre performances is sustained then the players we have will want to go & attracting top quality talent will be more difficult.:emoticon-0107-sweat

13. TheOXOCube:5pur2

TheOXOCube:5pur2 Pride of North London

He has been injured and hasn't played a single game for Barca. If we kept him people would be moaning why did we not sell the crock when we had the chance.

14. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Not buying a CB in the summer is probably the single most ridiculous thing Wenger has done since he joined the club

It's not as if he didn't have time, we knew Vermaelen was leaving for pretty much the whole window

15. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

To be fair even if we kept TV it wouldn't help us, the guy hasn't played a minute of football since the world cup! He's been injured the whole time. :D our injury curse struck him as a good bye present. But no doubt Wenger still wouldn't have signed another defender knowing TV was crocked and would then say "how could we have known he would be out this long" the common thing we have heard with so many other injuries, it was 'unforeseen', even when we had TV we were short at the back, you need to have a minimum of at least 4 CB's.

16. suker_suker

suker_suker Well-Known Member

Wenger's failure to address the weaknesses in our squad time and time again when given the opportunity can be seen as nothing other than gross incompetence. This, along with his tactical ineptness means that we should get rid of him.

WENGER OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Bergkampspilot

Bergkampspilot Active Member

I don't really know why we are so upset at Wenger when clearly there is no manager in the world that can challenge jose's Chelsea in the prem. It would seem people really just want change for the sake of change. If we change managers do you really think Arsenal will be challenging for major honors? I dont think it will make any difference in the long run.

Even if we were to bring in Klopp what would he achieve that Wenger couldn't?

This is the Chelsea era and we should all get used to it.

Fergie saw it coming but Arsene god bless him is too stubborn to throw in the towel.

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Its not just about Challenging Chelsea.

You guys aren't even challenging Southampton.

19. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Totally disagree. Neither is Chelsea some unstoppagble juggernaut or is Maureen the all knowing wizard of a manager. We have the resources and a pretty good squad. Unfortunately things just aren't configured the right way just yet, we aren't in form and Wenger is making mistakes. Take a look at City, they have a formidable squad, yet they too have had a poor start, the same with Pool and United. Chelsea have just got out the traps better than anyone else and kept it more consistent. They are on title winning form at the moment.

20. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

It's not where you are in the league in November that counts it's where you are in May, and Jose said as much himself when he said that Chelsea are the champions of autumn. We led for most of last season and then tailed off and ended up 4th. It is possible that Chelsea will drop points in next 28 games so all is to play for and the pressure is on them to keep on top and maybe go unbeaten - and that pressure can cause upsets in matches. At the moment they don't look like losing any games but that can all change with a few injuries or bad luck or bad referring!