1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Wenger Criticism Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by suker_suker, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

Why are United fans trying to take the piss? We are still above you, and as frustrating as things have been at least we have yet to end the season finishing 7th place.

If I was a United fan I'd be far more pissed off, spent 150 million only to have your worst start in what, 26 years?

2. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

we lose today and we are still above Manure, Looserpool, and the Spuds.

we aren't at a crisis point like the above names teams :cheesy:

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Then why are you complaining? You will finish top 4 but that's hardly why I want him to stay and why you want him to go, is it?

4. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

Because I'm not satisfied with it, we should be doing far better, and definitely aiming for more. We have the resources to be much better than we currently are, but it's the same old story for us. I want him to go for that, because I want more, and don't believe he can do more for us other than the above.

Why the hell do you want him to stay? You enjoying seeing him keep us down and away from properly challenging?

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Keep telling yourself that. You're in as much **** as the rest of us <laugh>

6. Not PC enough

Not PC enough New Member

this is a different situation we are in .

Something has changed , and i wouldnt put money on us getting 4th this season .

and i would have done that without any concern in the past .

we have now conceded more losses from a winning position than any other team in the league.

7. omogooner

omogooner Well-Known Member

To be fair the other teams are no worse off or better off, they can say they are a team in transition.... New management, etc etc, Manutd, can say the only way was down after their dominance of the previous decade.... What is our excuse for the position in which we find ourselves eh? We are stuck with this joker for another 3yrs.

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yeh absolutely. He guarantees you top 4 but while he's there I feel as a United fan it's one less big club to worry about. You have to be ambitious and sometimes risk losing something to gain something greater. He's become stale and hasn't adapted his style. You need fresh impetus and with that squad plus a couple of key additions could challenge for the title.

But here's the thing A87, are YOU prepared to suffer a bit of short term failure, for that long-term gain? Because if you aren't mate, then you're just another fickle short term fixer fan. Because those who argue against you don't want to risk that and would rather cling onto what Arsene can deliver and hope he can come good with the rest eventually. If you don't want that then you have to be prepared to take the risk.

9. Not PC enough

Not PC enough New Member

cant see it .

I dont think he can go on for another 3 years.

10. é

é New Member

I'd like to see Arsene buy another tie; he always wears that red one. Other than that, keep up the good work.

11. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

The board have to share a degree of the blame. Wenger needs to be held accountable for the fact we continually go into new Seasons short in one area or another.

For me this was a big Season on which to judge where the boss is as a manager.(seeing as he now has decent funds to play with)

But its exactly the same

1. We don't change tactically during games. Wenger sets out a plan then sticks to it REGARDLESS of what's
    happening othe pitch.

2. The team lacks fight' and that partly comes down to our wimpy manager.
    The good thing about Wenger is you can see he truly cares about the Club by the way he reacts but the fact he always appears so terrified during games of importance doesn't reflect well on the players. You need confidence for these fixtures.

3. Transfers. We tend to collect players that hold the ball. Creative players I suppose . However we seem to ignore the need for players that can win the ball.

12. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

What for exactly?

13. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Because they've employed Wenger to manage our team. Let's be honest here, Wenger is constantly getting top 4 finishes and gets out of the group stages of the Champions league, doesn't waste much money in the market and even makes money selling players and is a big name that attracts players and fans. He makes Arsenal a ton of money, more than any manager in the world of a non-winning team. Why would they want him to leave? You think they give two tosses what the fans want or if the team wins anything? As long as Wenger continues to be lucrative in his ventures, then they will continue to support him. Football is big business now.

14. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

I can't see 'not wasting money in the market' as being much of a factor in his favour anymore. That was almost an inadvertent positive based on the fact he couldn't spend much money. Now that we earn a lot it looks like we're going to spend a lot in most Summer windows from now on. You look at his five most expensive signings and only one of them (Sanchez) looks like a very good decision.

I agree with you though... the board are partially to blame for accepting the mediocre standards that Wenger has settled for. But ultimately Wenger is the obvious target and the one in the public eye. It's clear he's nowhere near an elite manager anymore, and probably hasn't been for over a decade... it's just bizarre that he hasn't stepped down earlier.

15. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

It's not like he takes risks in the market either, buying Sanchez was a dead cert to be honest so it's no surprise that he's our best player. The rest of his signings were essential. But sometimes he is too cautious in the market and his over the top loyalty to players has led him to making mistakes. The obvious ones this season is not replacing Vermaelen, not getting a DM and not bringing Fabregas back. I would bet any other top manager would have gone out of his way to bring back Fabs, I know that Maureen surely would have if he was Arsenal manager. If numbers were a problem then he could have released Rosicky, Flamini, Arteta or Diaby. If money was the issue then he could have sold Podolski and/or Cazorla. It was a definite possibility.

As for him stepping down, he obviously loves the club and he still thinks he can still do it, though this is probably his stubbornness that is coming through.

16. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Hmm, HIAG or matthew?

17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Not Matth, he used punctuation and Grammar.

18. The Bonstar Wandit

The Bonstar Wandit Well-Known Member

Is this the lowest level of support that Wenger has ever received?

19. The Bonstar Wandit

The Bonstar Wandit Well-Known Member

20. suker_suker

suker_suker Well-Known Member

Merson is spot on. Wenger is a stubborn, clueless dinosaur. It really does seem that he is deliberately not buying the players we need to spite his critics, although I don't believe even if Hummels and Khedira were magically added to the squad, Wenger would start winning the big games; he just doesn't adapt his tactics or tell his players to do the same. We look like a bunch of naive kids on the pitch.

WENGER OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!