1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Wenger Criticism Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by suker_suker, Nov 5, 2014.

1. suker_suker

suker_suker Well-Known Member

I thought I would create a thread where we could blow off some steam and slag off our hapless manager.

He complained last night of or poor defending. Well Arsene, if you had replaced Vermaelen then we wouldn't have had a second choice left back in central defence you stubborn, clueless old prick! f** off out of it you bellend w**ker c**t!

Ah, that felt good.

2. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Wow this thread is still open, the mods must be on lunch...:bandit:

Not going to abuse him but this sort of thing doesn't surprise me anymore. He is past his sell-by...

3. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

It's just sad that a legend from our history is getting slated. He should have known when to call time to preserve our memories of him. Fergie timed it beautifully for example. Anyway, I don't think anything new can be said about his deficiencies. We all know what they are. He's here for a couple of years so we just have to put up.

4. Bergkampspilot

Bergkampspilot Active Member

Why would I want to abuse Wenger?

Did we get knocked out last night?

Threads like this don't help Arsenal. They don't help this board and it does not create unity among fellow fans. Yeah it was crappy to lose such a lead and it shouldn't happen but what will a thread like this achieve except to antagonise. I'm not a Wenger fan boy but I'm not a kneejerk poster either.

5. lazarus20000

I think my wording was a little misleading, I was referring to not being surprised that we drew in such a poor manner and not about abusing Wenger. I don't think Wenger should be in charge anymore and these kind of results will happen due to him, even though the team contributed largely yesterday.

6. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha.. this thread is amusing. I could have used this last night to blow off some steam.

I think a lot of the criticism on these boards is just plain wrong - However:

To be fair Wenger deserves a fair amount of abuse for AGGGAAAINN leaving us short in areas where we needed to strengthen

7. TheOXOCube:5pur2

TheOXOCube:5pur2 Pride of North London

I think renaming the thread might help but if it helps keep some of the more unnecessary criticisms away from the regular threads I'm fine. Just don't go over the top or what not.
    Anyways, why we still don't have a CB or DM I don't know. I mean we're still hanging on barely in the Prem and we'll qualify from the CL but if we don' sign in these areas then Wenger will deserve more criticism there. Also while I feel like the players should also bare responsibility for losing all shape once Arteta got injured, Wenger should also have told them to buckle down and play it smart. I still think Arsene is the guy but he's not infallible either.

8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

You lot tend to go nuts at everything. :emoticon-0103-cool:

9. TheOXOCube:5pur2

TheOXOCube:5pur2 Pride of North London

We life to entertain.

10. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

Wenger has to go, not only has he disgraced himself, he has literally gone insane in front of our eyes, he is a dinosaur, keeps flogging the same method that worked once and has not worked since and will never work again, refuses to accept to himself the problems and the club has been suffering too long now because of him. Not only all that, he also got everyones coupon beat last night.

Never in my life have I seen such a blatant need for a change in manager and I doubt I will ever see the likes of this situation again.

11. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Sadly, all true.

12. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

Wenger will always be a legend at Arsenal.... but he really should have called it time after your FA cup win.

13. The Bonstar Wandit

The Bonstar Wandit Well-Known Member

Can we sticky this thread please? I think we'll need it for 2-3 years. Wenger has tarnished his legend. He'll forever be known as a once great manager who outstayed his welcome and the fans couldn't wait to be shot of.

14. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath...

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Probably won't need sticking, Wenger gets criticism each week, win, lose or draw.

16. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

I've been consistent about wanting Wenger gone, his pre match comments against Swansea are just further signs added to the million other signs as to why he has to go, his comments and how he tries to bush off the 3-3 are beyond a disgrace, he will never take accountability and will persist in his deluded ways as the pre match comments show.

We will never reach the top heights as long as Wenger remains with us, all he can do for us is get us that top 4, with maybe the slight chance of the odd cup. He should have really left on a high after the FA Cup win, instead he stayed, stuck with his failed ways, and we haven't progressed at all and it's pretty much same old same old as the last 10 years.

17. lazarus20000

But then again he comes out with these gems...

Meanwhile Wenger criticised the role of the extra officials deployed behind the goals in Champions League games, after Anderlecht's Anthony Vanden Borre appeared to be offside when he scored the Belgian side's first goal.

"I don't know what they are doing the guys behind the line," Wenger said. "I don't know what they are paid for. I think they should buy a seat for them and give them a good book."

18. The Bonstar Wandit

The Bonstar Wandit Well-Known Member

What did he say in his pre-match? I know he had words about Ramsey, what else? I didn't see him shouting at Ramsey during the match to stay back, which would have been more effective, or tightening up the defense at half time after the first half problems, did anyone else?

19. Treat Williams

Treat Williams Well-Known Member

Fact nugget: last season Arsenal had their highest ever* win % under Wenger in all competitions, outstripping both Double years and The Invincibles. The 37 wins was a third-best total after 2001-02 (39) and 2003-04 (38).

Not bad for someone who has 'literally gone insane in front of our eyes' <ok>

*includes penalty wins and losses for each year (which you might understandably take issue with), Charity Shield wins and UCL Qualifiers wins

20. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

He still has to go.