1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The search begins

Discussion in 'Reading' started by SuffolkRoyal, Mar 12, 2013.

1. CraigSFC

CraigSFC Member

I don't think you can't stand the fact that were a bigger club than you, I have not once said on this post we are a big club, simply bigger than QPR and reading. Reading would be a step down as saints are bigger club, not rocket science is it, and redknapp job at spurs was a step up fair enough, but has tooken a massive step down from
    Spurs to QPR as QPR are the smallest club in premier league, simple as.

2. CFC: Champs £launderx17

That's hilarious. Funny how Ellers has gone quiet about you boycotting the 80s and 90s, seeing as you averaged more than them 15 years running!!!
    They averaged 11-13k most seasons in Div 1 with fans from all over the country taking the piss and sitting in their home stands. The crowds would have been even more embarrassing if it was not for the tourists and away fans who fancied an easy away day where you could just turn up and buy a ticket in the home stands. Qpr were often outnumbered and out sung in their own stands

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

You hold more than us at the moment because our ground is old and restricted (however what a great atmospher)! sorry craig but saints was a library compared to our ground.

As for the bigger club thing, i am happy with our size, sadly it seems you have a size problem? You have done well of late and are getting a few bums on seats because you were a League One club 2 years ago and now a Prem club yet history shows in 2008 you had gates of 12K and average 17K? If you take that off the 30K, thats 13K extra? Not very loyal is it? (Don't give me the 'board' rubbish as you support the team, that's what we do season after season). We can all get good gates and small ones. Chelsea got 8K in the top division against Coventry, they also only took 900 to Blackburn a few seasons ago when they were in Europe. But that is not every week.

I had the same chat with a Plymouth fan some time ago when he, like you tried to be 'Billy big club' because they had a 20K home gate and were on the up. I told him that he needs to look at his history, which like you seems to be missing. They now get about 6K, Where are they now? Like you they are a 'coast club'.

Yes you are bigger with Stadium but no you are not finacially bigger or have the profile of QPR. We both finished about the same place in the old First division but we have finished higher in the Prem. Both played in europe but i think we did a bit better? Both won a cup. We are a London club and have a bigger Sponsor/overseas/global following and better potential to grow. You have support in Southampton and that's it as far as the media is concerned. The media are more interested in us than you. We have a bigger 'Twitter following' and Trend more than you. We have a better manager. Once the Our New grownd is built and we move forward We won't get muppets like you calling us 'tin pot'. So basically other than the stadium, i don't see you as bigger than us. <ok>

All the years i have been going to football i have never thought of you as a big club, sorry but get over it and move on.

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

QPR: tinpot plastic club. With fickle support. Regular 8k crowds and fewer in Div 1 unless away clubs took over their stands.

The JCL mediaaaa ya types will soon turn their back on their boutique club and go back to supporting United on telly.

Worst away fans in London, even Charlton used to bring more to the Bridge. Truly embarrassing how only 2k used to turn up at the Bridge for their cup final

5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Anyway Good luck to you 'Royals' and your new manager which i think will be Adkins and i am sure he will do a good job. Look forward to our game coming up and probably next seasons ones <ok>
    I seem to have a troll or 2 following me so it's best i let you get back to the topic as they contribute nothing to it and will only post their rubbish against me.
    Ellers

7. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Cheers Ellers. Good luck for the run in. If anyone can drag you out of the mire its Redknapp, so don't give up hope. By the time we play each other at the end of next month the picture will be a little clearer.

8. CraigSFC

CraigSFC Member

The fact that you can convince yourself QPR are bigger than saints is hilarious haha. Your probably the only person in the world who thinks this, I can gurantee you everyone else on this page won't agree with you. Come back when you spend 27 years consecutive years in top flight, or when you average 30k a week for a match, or when your academy is famous for having one of the best in the world, bale Walcott chambelrlin shearer le tiss, could go on. Or maybe for playing in Europa league in recent history, we were in 2004, or maybe even win the fa cup?

9. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Agree the picture will be sorted by the time we play so the game may mean nothing towards staying up but we can still have some fun banter. <ok>

And Craig thanks for your insight into Saints but i knew all that, and having a good academy doesn't make you a Big Club especially when you sell all your best players. I could say the same for our 'tin pot' club with Raheem Stirling and the rest of our academy players that moved on.

Just to let you know that as a model for a well run football club you don't get much better than Reading. Good facilities, very good academy system (which i have seen first hand) and a growing fan base. So to think Adkins would be 'making a donward step' is utter rubbish and it sounds bitter (but then i saw how you treated Arry, so i guess it runs through your club).

Nothing against Saints and you can believe what your players or fans say about where your club is going, just send me a postcard when/if you get there but until then move on from this and 'big it up' with Brighton fans. <ok>

10. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Southampton bigger than QPR. The fact the QPR manager is a gobby twat so fills column inches, or the fact they buy a new squad every transfer window doesn't change this.

11. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Oh look Londons Only has come back with his other accounts. Fact your a muppet.

12. chelsea - over 100 years of history

You probably meant 'you're'. ;)

13. CFC: Champs £launderx17

14. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

So we should be. Preston and Burnley are sleeping giants.

As for our "regular 8000 crowds" we've not averaged under 10,000 for 45 years. We'll never be a massive club but our away turnouts as a percentage of home have always been strong.

15. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Fair post but in the 80s you would get 14k v Arsenal one week and 8k v the likes of Wimbledon the next... = 11k average

16. jenthesaint1990

jenthesaint1990 Well-Known Member

how old are you?

17. CFC: Champs £launderx17

He claims to have been one of his imagined 6k Rss at the bridge in 88 when he was 6. He has learned the word 'muppet' off his big brother who occassionally springs him a ticket, a card edge and then takes the piss out of him all day in the pub