1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The search begins

Discussion in 'Reading' started by SuffolkRoyal, Mar 12, 2013.

1. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Well, after much speculation, the word on the street tonight is that Adkins is the new Reading manager. Its not over until the fat lady sings and all that, but there could be an announcement tomorrow.

Just have to wait and see.

2. OddRiverOakWizards

OddRiverOakWizards Well-Known Member

What is the betting that he will be appointed just before the Saints game and then you will win :(.

3. Tilehurstsouthbank

That's weeks away bud. It's going to be sometime this week.

4. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

And even if he does get the job, it'll take him longer than the rest of this season to get our hoofers playing the brand of football he likes to play.

5. Tilehurstsouthbank

We played some good stuff against Utd, although usual story, the final pass was shocking. I think he has a bit to work with, but let's hope he has a good clearout in the summer.

6. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Whoever our new manager is he'll want to clear out some of the dead wood, and we do have some dead wood. We have the makings of decent championship side but but a good manager will want to bring in some good players. Thats when we will really see how much true ambition AtoZ really has. He made a bold decision getting rid of McDermott, albeit pretty odd timing, and Madejski and Hammond, apparently, pleaded with him not to do it. But that was a big first step, lets see if he intends to take some more. And the eventual manager will be a good indication.

7. CraigSFC

CraigSFC Member

So if we won the premier league 10 times in a row we wouldn't be a big club cause were in Southampton, brilliant! Funniest thing I've heard in a while. And just to let you know we sold out every away game in league 1, even broke the record for away fans in a league match at Leyton orient, sold out Hartlepool away mid week, work out the miles on that one! We took 6k to palace away last season by the way just so how can you say we never could take 6k away, if you could then we could, simple as. And as for saying we only averaged 17k In 2008, that was when we were in administration and we had complete clowns running the club, with fans boycotting, I'm not going to make excuses as I know you didn't even sell out your ground in championship, and far from it. Simple as whatever QPR can do we will do better, were not a big club, just bigger than QPR. The end

8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

You will never win the Prem because what decent players want to play on the 'south coast'.

<laugh> They must have been boycotting in the 80's/90's as well.

Your not even bigger than Pompey you muppet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyway back to the Reading thread and hopefully this 'donut' will go away and big it up with Brighton fans. Think Adkins would do a good job at Reading but next season as i think he will need time to get the team he wants. Reading need to keep clear of that Swindon bloke DC because he will cause problems. RDM would do a job but would want lots of money and so far your Russian has not spent so i doubt he would go there. <ok>

9. CraigSFC

CraigSFC Member

Simple question. Do you think QPR are bigger club than saints? If so, I've officially met the biggest numpty on this page

10. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

I've quite enjoyed this friendly exchange. I haven't seen one of your sessions for a couple of years Ellers, so it was quite like old times, very enjoyable :biggrin:

Don't think the genteel folk in the Reading boardroom are quite ready for the likes of Di Canio so, unless Anton is going all out to upset them, like he did with the sacking of McDermott, I can't see that being an option.

All the smart money seems to be on Tommy Cockles so we'll just have to wait and see.

11. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Yeah it seems a long time ago but you still get muppets trying to be 'billy big club', that need to be put down. They were in League One 2 seasons ago? <laugh> oh well i will let him play 2nd fiddle to Pompey.

Think it was wrong getting rid of McD at that time, either before Xmas or at the end of the season it should have been but Owners make some weird decisions? Good manager for Reading and although we called him Matt Lucus we did have a lot of respect for him and what achieved without money. Maybe he should have told Mark Hughes how to do it. <ok>

12. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Rangers 4k at the Dell when the capacity was 15k.

More Ellers lies.

Away fans only got under 2k for Prem games when the Dell was all seated.

Rangers could not even manage 4k at Stamford Bridge for their local derby in the 80s when the North Stand held 10k. You always had the worst away support of London clubs at the Bridge.

QPR: 4k a the 15k Dell. <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

How about the 350 you took to Sunderland for Harry's first Prem game?

Or your turnout at SJP http://www.not606.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19881&d=1356223989
    As for the 80s and 90s, S'oton averaged more than QPR every single season from 1990-2005.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm

13. CraigSFC

CraigSFC Member

Sorry did u just say 350 to Sunderland? And he claims QPR have a brilliant away following, brilliant!

14. CraigSFC

CraigSFC Member

Fulhams away support > QPR

15. CFC: Champs £launderx17

This is the jpg for their support at SJP this season for a weekend game: http://www.not606.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19881&d=1356223989
    Ellers claimed Rangers filled the Norht Stand v Chelsea around 88, YOuTube videos showed they had three out of four pens a quarter filled!

In the 70s, 80s, 90s, Rangers were lucky to bring 3k to the bridge. Fulham sometimes managed 4k, Arsenal, Sours, West ham, 6k...

Btw in the 80s and 90s, Saints averaged more than QPR consecutively 80-95, despite restircted capacity

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm

16. CraigSFC

CraigSFC Member

That pic at SJP reminds me of hartlepools away support at st Mary's in league 1, but saying that QPR are only a tiny bit bigger than Hartlepool so it makes sense. We all know ELLERS talks **** but this just confirms it, QPR have always been the smallest London club ever to reach the premier league and always will be, always have had **** away support and they couldn't fill 17k stadium in championship in their promotion season, when we averaged 27k and sold out 32k quite a few games

17. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Oh look 'Bluzz' 'Londons Thickest' and now 'Londons Only' pops up on yet another thread where a QPR fan is posting! All this crap from a muppet that got a slap from a QPR and can't let it go? He trolls around on many of our threads spouting the same rubbish about Sunderland on a Tuesday night when we are bottom?
    Maybe he should worry about all the empty seats at SB for a Euro game last week? (But then they are Londons only Euro Champs) Or all thoses empty seats for the Charity shield and cup semi? But its okay because i am sure 'TalkSport' can sell some more tickets for them. AS he never goes to games as Swords pointed out he would never know.
    Seating at Saints away end in late 80's? Think not, maybe you should do a bit more reading up before you post.

Just like in 2008 where you averaged 17K and even got 12K gates! You could never even sell out at QPR you muppet. Where were all your fans when you brought 500? Learn your history or don't bother to post you 'donut'

18. CraigSFC

CraigSFC Member

If I remember correctly we took 3k to that dump of yours this season, and in championship when we were relegated we were in administration and fans were boycotting horrible time at the club, hence low attendances both home and away, but in the first few seasons back in championship we always took lower tier or whatever the allocation was, which is reasonable, but can you blame saints fans for not wanting to go to that hell hole that somehow is a premier league stadium, well not for long anyway, thank god. So the question is were you in they massive 395 following you took to Sunderland for Harry's first game? Must of been hard to get a ticket though so I don't blame you if you couldn't get one

19. CraigSFC

CraigSFC Member

If you want to have a laugh, google QPR away support and click images, the Sunderland one looks brilliant, but my favourite has to be the city one I think

20. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

'that dump' you obviously never went to the 'Dell'?
    All you are doing is bringing up 2 games, you are sounding like that Chelsea muppet. Talk to me about other games at 'that dump' where you couldn't even fill have the lower teir or the games at the 'Dell' where half the sides were empty? I am interested in what you have to say about that?

If you are going to 'big it up' and start trying to be something you are not at least know what you are talking about.
    You posted on this thread trying to be arrogant to Reading fans with post:

and
    Your arrogance is you downfall because it looks like Adkins will be taking the Reading job and it will be a good move for him like when Arry left your lot, he moved on to bigger and better things.
    However saying all this the best thing is that both QPR and Reading have had higher attendances than you QPR 41K Reading 33K Saints 32K <laugh>
    Not bad for a 'tin pot' club and a small club like Reading. <laugh> now go away before i give you a lesson about Southampton.