1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. DT’s Socks

DT’s Socks Well-Known Member

It’s far too long this post Kiwi
    You should be limited by a character count like Twitter

I can tell you a man loses a job every 2.56 days in England and after 3years he has finally realised he’s a little bit **** and possibly unemployable

kiwiqpr likes this.
  2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

If, in your view, we should not have marketing standards for bananas or other stuff we put in our mouths, that’s fine. Whatever the regulations are it’s more efficient to have them covering 500 million people so that something imported here via somewhere else, or to somewhere else via here, doesn’t have to go through two sets of regulation, adding to the cost for the consumer.

Should we have let the immigrants come here instead? Fears about inhumanity to immigrants (even immigrants with criminal records who have failed asylum applications but can’t be sent home to a war zone - because that really would be inhumane) is a new argument from a Brexiter to me, nice one.

But your team has won all these arguments already with 52% of the people who voted, why keep the old record going? We’ll be setting all our own standards for everything on 30 March next year anyway. Unless we just adopt the EU ones of course.

Deleted....... likes this.
  3. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

that man cant be very good if he keeps getting the sack every two and a half days

4. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

We should take what we need. A lot of immigrants work for the NHS, but a lot more don't, come here and start a family. Good luck to them but that takes NHS time. The scale of immigration has to be sustainable.

5. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Cracker from a lad at work today. I asked how he voted and his thoughts, only known him a day or 2, he's a simple soul bless him. " I voted leave so we can chuck all the Muslims out". I didn't carry on the conversation.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  6. KPDHoopster

KPDHoopster Well-Known Member

Straight bananas are fine by me !!

But seriously, you think multiple regulations, covering the shape of bananas, are worthwhile time for politicians ??

7. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Bloody hell got to give credit where credits due.. <applause>
    Liam Fox is being very statesman-like at the moment. He has just said that "Parliament, voted to implement the outcome of the referendum and we must". And "talk of another referendum? Don't expect the status quo (remain) to be on it. We are moving forward".
    He them slaughtered Labour knocking 'leavers' and their reasons for leaving. Then John MacDonnell opened his mouth and Fox slaughtered him telling him that "Labour live in dreamland and talk nonsense". MacDonnell got the hump, got up and blurted something, so Fox said "you are out of your depth. What a shambles".
    Fox then said something about the deal and how Labour's ideas were not possible and gave him the floor to tell the house if he could explain one of the rules. "go on then here's the floor, it's quite simple, tell us"! (what some rule was), Come on"! MacDonnell just sat there looking stupid. "you have no idea"! Fox said.
    I hope they show it on the News as MacDonnell made himself look a t@@t.

rangercol and GoldhawkRoad like this.
  8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

If someone at work asked me who I voted for I would tell them to mind their own business. saying that people at work wouldn't discuss it.

9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

No, but they are for civil servants who actually do the work, and it’s about the ease of trade and consumer satisfaction, ultimately.

Seriously, there are much more important things you could highlight about the EU which are seriously wrong and I wouldn’t have a leg to stand on - the € for example, it will never make sense to have a monetary union without a fiscal union which really would change the nature of national sovereignty. The way it works now is great for Germany, but no one else. Or the way the EU Parliament works, which is just a farce.

It’s why I said I like the idea of the EU but not in all cases the practice.

What would Frank Costello say?

Deleted....... likes this.
  10. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

But it would be OUR decision to adopt the EU ones and NOT THEIRS!!
    That's the crux of it.

11. DT’s Socks

Yes that was the idea of the joke soldier x

kiwiqpr likes this.
  12. DT’s Socks

Have you beaten them into submission as well with your iPad factoids ?
    Don’t mention Brexit to that Ellers fella you will lose time that you won’t get back

bobmid likes this.
  13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

What I think we should realize is that trade with the EU has been continually shrinking over the years.
    I have seen many German companies locally move their manufacturing back to Germany and France. Germany runs the EU and rips off the smaller countries. France is a poor mans Germany (that don't work on Wednesdays and Saturdays).
    It is my belief that over time they will try to take most stuff away from the UK. Macron has basically said this recently. Germany has tried and failed to take companies away from London. Even the Dutch have tried to get a slice of the Brexit cake.
    I do not think we can ever go back to the EU (not for at least 40 yrs) because they will treat us badly and will make sure they entice companies to leave the UK.
    I guess it's like a relationship in that we have 'done the dirty on our partner'. They can forgive us but will never forget and there will always be that trust lost. Only this relationship has never been that good... a better relationship lies just across the sea and has blond hair (well a dodgy wig).:1980_boogie_down:

14. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

As a percentage, yes, which is to be expected. But trade with the EU has increased massively over the years.

. 7ED2FCE4-7534-476E-9B91-B46FBF995DCA.png

15. DT’s Socks

A lot more immigrants work outside the NHS than inside it. The UK can only guess at any figures because of years of lack of funding to the border controls and the inland services tasked with tracking down illegal immigrants

Any Brexiteer that voted leave because of immigration is frankly a very stupid person
    The associated link between Immigrants and Europe is totally wrong ... you have eaten the wrong porridge

Immigration is completely sustainable with the right resource to manage it ... it has been poorly managed and funded and frankly no one cared anyway so in true AS fashion they blame all social problems on immigrants and then hook that somehow into Europe

You open up a shop don’t complain who enters it and if you have no store security then well what would anyone expect?

Plus painting a picture that immigrants are just freeloaders looking to breed here is a utter disgrace imo ... for every one immigrant I could show you 25 lazy cheating English workshy ****s fleecing the system on the black

About time more people looked inwards at the UK and what it is today ****ing Brexit won’t solve any of that crap

Brexit slogan to take control of our borders
    Now even having the decency to admit control was sold out and lost ourselves ... best blame the EU then

Made in England by English People

Blame Culture ****s

bobmid and Stroller like this.
  16. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I heard that it had fallen and continues to fall?

17. DT’s Socks

That is a proper graph and again Maggies brainwashed jester has got it wrong

18. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

As a share of the total.

19. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

You are sounding like that politician that was on yesterday. :emoticon-0100-smile

20. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Are you sure you didn’t make that up Bob ?
    If not then it’s very sad that you have to work with such thick ****s.

rangercol likes this.