1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Stroller you are better than this... or are you?
    As Col said that shipped has sailed. If we should have another vote (which I doubt we will) It should say leave WTO or Leave May's deal... or even Leave Norway. Thats it.

2. KPDHoopster

KPDHoopster Well-Known Member

Its part of democracy, its perfectly understandable, for such a significant event.

The problem is the Tories didn't plan for potential options/deals.

rangercol likes this.
  3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

It's just another remainer excuse. They are playing this card quite a lot of late. 'Leavers all had different views'? The fundamental thing was we all wanted to leave (that was it). It really is last ditch desperados.
    It's like saying that the Tories shouldn't have won the election because people voted for different policies?

4. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I'm hearing that the vote could be getting postponed and they are going to send her back to Brussels.... Looks like the ERG have won this round. Hopefully she will be gone soon. Bring on the Mogg!

5. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Turkish" Premier" Hoops Well-Known Member

Mob rule, rioting on the streets, burning cars willy nilly, smashing shops up, destroying small businesses, well it should at least remind old smelly socks of his delightful little hole that is France.

6. DT’s Socks

DT’s Socks Well-Known Member

Well maybe just a Brexiteer March to show unity for that cause ... nowt going on there just ipads moaning about moaners. Just returned to the UK having spent a few more weeks in France to witness the passion of the protests very refreshing to see that people really still can come together

Can’t say the same this afternoon joining in with the consumers in London

Trying to keep looking at the differences which is quite frankly very baffling

To state that we are on a higher moral level in the UK is wrong imo ... I am part of a giant bubble that only cares about the next short term fad it feels like.

7. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Well yes, there's a legitimate argument to say that a further referendum should only be on the different forms of Brexit, but I would disagree. I believe that there has been enough of a shift of opinion (and a lot more knowledge gained) to warrant Remain also being on the ballot. I'm far from certain that Remain would win, though. I think there's a strong possibility that we'd wind up with Norway, which Parliament may decide upon anyway. It's also what your mate Farage campaigned for. Let's just settle for that and have done with it all.

8. DT’s Socks

Like the old Mogg here and there but he still needs his teeth kicking in. Everything that was great in the UK about 60 years ago rolled up into one very self obsessed greedy twat

9. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

10. DT’s Socks

Bang on what the Brexiteer doesn’t not even consider is the 48% We are solid still because we knew what we wanted
    The Brexiteer offers what for a future?
    Just a big ever changing list of things that are wrong in the UK. Where’s your plan for the future ?

QPR Oslo likes this.

11. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

IDS has just said that she needs to go back to Brussels and tell them what we want. He basically said if she loses the vote someone else will need to lead.

Many MP's and commentators are saying that the EU is so desperate to get the money... says it all.

We need to go back and tell them to sort out a proper deal.

12. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Somethings happening as markets are falling!
    quick buy your Euros!

13. DT’s Socks

Idiotic stance that’s a Brexiteers vote
    Don’t you consider the 48% ever?
    Blinkered

WTO or no deal
    Brexit under a final deal
    No Brexit

Bollocks to the old vote
    Please accept this had a massive element of protest within it

Anyone wishing for a no deal for our country needs to be tarred and feathered imo or at least put a plan out there and take full responsibility for that vote

QPR Oslo likes this.
  14. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I think a free trade deal with close EU links is the way to go. Stroller I have said a million times that I love Europe and its people. I never had a problem with immigration (as long as it was sensible). I just don't like the EU and the way it runs. When it falls (and i believe it will) I hope it comes back as a close trade bloc.<ok>

15. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

FTSE down 3.5%

16. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

So, I presume that, all people asking for a second referendum (because they didn't like the first result) would be in favour of a general election every 18 months or so?
    For example, if Corbyn wins the next election and after a year a sizeable minority don't like what he's doing and believe they were misled, they should be able to demand another vote?
    Plus, many Tory boy kids who weren't old enough to vote would then be 18 and able to make a difference. Many diehard labour voters may have died of old age, disease etc.
    That's democracy eh?

Yep......plain daft!!

ELLERS and Sooperhoop like this.
  17. KPDHoopster

KPDHoopster Well-Known Member

Really refreshing to see peoples livelihoods getting smashed by thugs ??

Perhaps, returning to a civilised country, isn't the right option for you ??

18. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Please elaborate as I’m in favour of this solution and would be interested in understanding where you see the key disadvantages, please.

Stroller likes this.
  19. As I understand it we would still have freedom of movement, have to pay significant amounts of money, be tied by pretty much all the rules and have no say in them. I believe that Norway likes the option because it gives autonomy over fisheries and agriculture.
    I'm happy to be corrected on any of this - as I've said before all the different permutations make my brain explode...

20. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Not sure I've ever mentioned just England mate. I quite like the union.
    You won't be surprised that I completely disagree with you about our capability to be a sovereign independent country. I've never sold out.
    If the will was there from the ruling elite I believe it would be attainable.
    We did manage before the EU for ****'s sake.