1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. DT’s Socks

DT’s Socks Well-Known Member

I have certainly met a few who didn’t bother to vote and now wish they had
    I think the EU maybe in on it all
    The current climate imo has been orchestrated with this break from Brexit news manufactured as ponder time
    With an issue as big as this with a divided nation I would ask could the U.K. government afford to take a summer break ?

I say that because it’s not business as usual

You only have to look at the way business is going and it’s all in one direction imo

Haven’t seen ,heard or been involved with one promotional marketing campaign that is geared to promote the new UK after Brexit

And of course marketeers work 14 months in advance ... there is nothing out there no trend etc no uplift forecast re life after Brexit

Forward thinking design agencies and marketeers are usually onto something by now. This is the time when money is made and gambles are made for trends to grow

As said before all we have is the factual evidence that business is prepared to move away. The confusion and uncertainty is all we seem to have.

I do not think the EU will not treat the U.K. as a naughty school boy. The analogy is crazy and comes from fantasy imo from made up Brexiteers who view the EU as some sort of big brother ... that is stupidly imo

Why? Because we are the EU currently we are still a part of it. The 52/48 sent a message to the entire world. The way in which the EU operates has to consider reform. I am beginning to believe Brexit was the instrument to do this and this is the real battle. It’s whipped up anti EU feelings by plugging into U.K. culture who effectively swallowed that without knowing anything and then declared war.

I am convinced this is all theatre

Ask any Brexiteer what’s the first step after we leave ... nothing no one has a clue

The No Deal is just a threat imo and anyone who evens thinks it’s a good idea needs to explain it.

2. bc7

bc7 Active Member

Except I see no desire to reform so the whipped up anti EU feelings are still there. Unless there is a desire to reform that hasn't been disclosed yet.

3. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Why would the unelected fat cats that pollute the EU monster want to reform ?
    They’ll still be wanting their mega pensions to be paid......can’t see them willing to give any of that up.

ELLERS, rangercol and GoldhawkRoad like this.
  4. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Mate. The EU could be a perfectly functioning perfectly efficient machine and you’d still have large swathes of our society wanting out and blaming all their ills on it. The right wing press have long seen to that.

QPR Oslo and DT’s Socks like this.
  5. Staines R's

The problem for a lot of people wanting to leave is that it ISN’T and probably, in my opinion, never will be an efficient machine.....but more of a vessel for a good few to get very rich.

6. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I sincerely doubt that’s the genuine motivation for many Leavers. It also sounds a lot like our own government.

7. Staines R's

I disagree with your first point but totally agree with your second.

8. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

7.30 on an August morning with little traffic or pedestrians and this thicko drives straight into a heavy metal barrier, not the sharpest tool in the box...

9. DT’s Socks

Monster Fat Cats ?

The City of London
    The home of the fattest monster cats in the world yet we can blame the EU for anything or everything ?

We prefer it seems to single out the EU as a evil tyrant. How do you think that is logical and please give us all evidence of the pollution within the EU

For every corrupt EU politican I will match 10 fold by naming corrupt English MPs

The fact is Brexit is a protest feeling no much more imo Same as people pick on Ryanair not EasyJet McDonald’s not Burger King
    Trump not Bush

Brexiteers evidence please
    Self enquiry

Immigration is the only thing left as I see it
    It’s been proven this is going to cost a lot of money ... and all for what? A dream that the U.K. will suddenly unite on 52/48 split and suddenly prosper

Where’s the plan?

Fat cats ffs Monsters ?

I expect Brexiteers to come out and say how wonderful our politicans are

10. DT’s Socks

You can guarantee there is money to be made by the rich via Brexit totally agree
    In fact some will be betting for or against it and probably both

11. Staines R's

Paul, just ‘cos I despise the likes of Kinnock and all his family doesn’t mean I love our politicians.
    The thing is I had an opportunity to vote on leaving the EU, which pays millions to the like of Barnier, Kinnock and Juncker.....which I took with open arms. Maybe one day my great grandkids will get a vote on reforming our corrupt government.....at this present time I haven’t.

You’re not gonna change my mind......like I’ll never change yours.

Deleted....... and rangercol like this.
  12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Juncker, the top paid EU man, is on about £343k a year on today’s exchange rates, including copious allowances. It’s a lot. I despise Juncker and his little aggressive sidekick, everything would have been easier without him. But compared to a CEO in industry/finance his income is laughable. If you think he’s supplementing it through corruption, that’s another question.

A championship footballer on £10k a week gets £520k a year.

Not trying to change your mind or start an argument, just providing the facts.

DT’s Socks and Staines R's like this.
  13. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

How long would the CEO of an important plc last if he was getting so drunk during a working day that he could not stand?

14. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Probably happens every other day of the week. Everyone knows CEOs don't actually do anything

15. Staines R's

Stan, if I get a vote that means I have a say on a footballers obscene wages then I think you know which way I’d go.
    Sadly I never will.

KooPeeArr likes this.
  16. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I had one who we were sure was a corpse he did so little.

Deleted....... likes this.
  17. GoldhawkRoad

Which CEO's behave like that and are not sacked? They have to make a good profit and are answerable to shareholders. Junckers is unaccountable and has a massive army of bureaucrats making decisions and doing the work.

18. GoldhawkRoad

Sorry, meaningless post.

19. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Thing is Stainsey, what you want is a full on, root and branch revolution.

I actually have more sympathy with that position than leaving the EU. I used to live in that house myself. But as I have said before your stance on Brexit is entirely consistent with what I know of your political leanings. You just end up with some strange bedfellows.

Staines R's likes this.
  20. Staines R's

That my friend is the nail being hit firmly on the head.

Little steps......;)

sb_73 and Deleted....... like this.