1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The impartial BBC

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Cliftonville, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Well at this point, I can clearly call you a liar, I have forgotten more about the law than you will never.

2. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Fine, I'm not getting that petty.

Excluding the obvious violence from both BLM and the far-right lot, perhaps you can tell me what was illegal with the peaceful protests of both then? As far as I can tell there was nothing. In which case, what are you even debating?

3. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I haven't mentioned the far right.

4. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

This to me is spot on.....As soon as a peaceful protest gets out of hand, i.e. violence or destruction for whatever reason, Police should deal with the situation equally. Doesn't matter what organisation are involved........that's the line.
    Police allowed BLM freedom to do whatever they liked in fear of causing tension and acting to some in a racist manner.....

5. BCFCRob

Okay, BLM then? Unless you're claiming that the BLM protest was fine (exempting the statue coming down of course). In which case I'd agree with you.

6. BCFCRob

And subsequently charged 4 people.

7. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I am claiming that one was deemed OK reference the social distancing rules and another deemed illegal on the same grounds.

The statue was criminal damage plain and simple.

8. BCFCRob

I'm not sure I've heard the first part of what you've said, but yeah fair enough. Completely agree otherwise. The statue should not have been pulled down by protestors.

9. oneforthebristolcity

10. BCFCRob

Ok I'll join you on that at least. Ridiculous.

11. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

The rules on social distancing were abused on both BLM marches in Bristol and went unopposed, as was the last XR protest in Prince Street, the police cited the social distancing rules in their attempt for not allow the anti lockdown demo.

Surely as somebody so incredibly vocal about the governments handling of covid, the damage caused by any demos to the final figures must be immeasurable?

12. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

The leaders name was Mark. He is mixed race. In a video he can be seen revealing tattoos of the flags of Britain and Jamaica to very aggressive and threatening BLM mob. The police spoke to him on the day and post events. He was portrayed as far right by the police. He as a mixed race man cannot be a ethnic nationalist. The police knowingly chose to create a false narrative.

The Cenotaph was as was in danger from BLM Protestors. That public property was damaged came as no surprise. Anybody with a degree of intelligence would expect Bristols militants to be intending to vandalise public property with acts of direct action. The polices negligent action made the violence that occurred inevitable.

I posted. Previously about the inevitable consequences of BLM actions and the inaction of the police. The individuals protecting to he Cenotaph are a secondary reaction. The later (following weekend) larger protest was a reaction, a consequence again. I do not condone that protest, but understand its cause and I have some sympathy. Sacred war memorials were being desecrated and the police were not defending what is sacred importance to many in this Country The Small group (10 - 15) the previous week I believe were necessary and I wholly support what they did. Events elsewhere and only metres away are all the evidence needed to believe they protected Bristols Cenotaph from another inevitable attack.

Red Alert likes this.
  13. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Spot on
    One law for all, irrespective of race, colour, sexual orientation, religion or any other parameters they can use.
    Not bending or ignoring the law simply because it's convenient, and heaven forbid it might offend 'minorities'
    I am sick and fed up with being a law abiding, hard working, citizen, who is in the majority of people of this country, while others can seemingly do as they please because they know they won't be prosecuted or worse, because they think life owes them something.
    It doesn't !

14. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

HO HO HO actually you are almost right was about to write "condemnation comments etc which would have been quite scathing" .. stopped before I got nasty....................... !!!!! and yes is wrong spelling... :emoticon-0105-wink:

A bit like the UBER taxi driver, a selfish egoistic human, we are all human and we are all on this planet by right of the people who brought us here ... parents ... and of course the people who look after our health.
    He is a classic example of why his and opposition parties more often than not get short shrift ...... also needs to keep his big gob shut ... "In February 2019 Lammy criticised Stacey Dooley for photographs she posted on social media of her trip to Uganda for Comic Relief, and said that "the world does not need any more white saviours", and that she was "perpetuating 'tired and unhelpful stereotypes' about Africa". He also stated however, that he does not question her "good motives".[ The donations received for the Red Nose Day broadcast in March 2019 fell by £8 million and the money raised that year was the lowest since 2007, which some have blamed on Lammy's remarks". makes a nastsy statement before retracting it ...

Hitler was the same wanted everyone to be Nazi!

of course, it seems to be a trait with some backgrounds to rip off fellow humans...

on a different note ...
    The british police I am led to believe has a police station in Nigeria to help fight cyber based crime ripping people off, Nigeria being the world capital along with some of the poorer east European nations?

15. realred1952

sorry got lost after the police spoke to him ...what event are you talking about one, two ..more?

16. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I would agree with this, the officer in charge when questioned about his description of the person being 'far right' replied "somebody on the BLM march told me he was far right" and there you have it that sadly is the quality of police commanders in the modern police force his intel came from a single source on the counter march.

17. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Jg2

Have a day off.

18. oneforthebristolcity

[QUO
    Do we know if those 4 were part of those destroying the monument....4 seems like a drop in the ocean for what could be seen involved.

19. realred1952

NOT ALLOWED have a chapter in my book to finish and also 2 articles for other publications and a survey to embellish... popping on here for a bit humour and a cuppa relieves the tensions ...

remembergou likes this.
  20. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

The police have described last weekends events as “disgusting” and “selfish”. The BLM protest was described very very differently and again the small group at the Cenotaph were described in a wholly negative differing manner.

BLM good anything else far right and disgusting. It’s a Liberal politically correct narrative, a twisted one.

The BBC did not challenge these uneven and hypocritical narratives. The BBC propagate them.