1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The impartial BBC

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Cliftonville, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

We live in a country where if somebody smashes windows at your house, damages your car or steals from your garden, you don't see a police officer, all you get is a crime number for your insurance company (if you can afford the premiums or they will insure you for some post codes).

But whistle Bob the Builder at your neighbour and you not only get a visit from the full might of the police but you get a fecking record for a hate crime.

Please somebody explain exactly how the VAST majority in the UK have allowed our country to descend into this nonsense.

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

A christian women was today attacked at speakers corner. her crime was criticising Islam while wearing a charlie Hebdo t shirt. The attack was by a man who stabbed her in the head. The media explodes when some pathetic losers send monkey emojis to a footballer. This???

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Calm discussion is required, this is getting near the knuckle, I feel the rage but lets just remenber to keep a balanced opinion that is my objective and the rules of the board, if it gets to hot I'm sorry but I will close down the thread, you can always contact the top man and give me the boot.

raver and RedorDead like this.
  4. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I have just gone back over the recent posts on this thread, have I missed something?

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

You've missed nothing? it's all there for the reading, if you don't consider it so thats ok, carry on as normal, at least you've taken the trouble to respond but the actions I have mentioned will take place if necessary, just call it a calming excercise in an explosive world.

Jiffie likes this.
  6. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

People who send send monkey emojis to footballers are pathetic losers. A Christian woman wearing a Charlie Hebdo t shirt was stabbed at speakers corner yesterday. the man wasnt walking around with a knife to cook.

7. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Pre emptive strike?

8. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Speakers' Corner: Woman attacked with knife
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57965251

I agree a vicious attack and pray the culprit is caught, are the monkey emojis sent because the players take the knee, it's all a very nasty situation.

9. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Topically - You can be stabbed for criticising Islam? - spiked (spiked-online.com)

I have great difficulty listening to anybody like Hatun Tash, but her and our freedom to speak our minds has to be protected. Politicians and media should be standing up for this women's and our rights.

Free speech comes with consequences - It should come with the consequence of being agreed with, ignored or mentally challenged, but not potentially losing life.

10. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

And yet the Police can quickly identify and arrest people for the comments made about Rashford and co who missed penalties in the Euro 2020 final. But they can't, or won't assist or solve the crimes when ordinary people are physically attacked, burgled, raped etc.
    I'm not playing down online hate, but it needs to be written here to put the crimes in perspective. And it's just words at the end of the day. As the old saying goes 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me'

And any sportsperson, politician, celebrity or whatever who doesn't like receiving unpleasant messages online can still delete their accounts and the problem disappears.
    Maybe I'm being too simplistic here. I have always refused to sign up to the likes of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.

11. Cliftonville

Euro 2020 racist abuse - 11 people arrested - BBC News

Is the arrests of eleven bell ends out of a population of fifty plus million a wave of racist social media abuse? Perspective, it highlights a Country that is not racist.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  12. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Yep especially when over 75% of the abuse came from abroad.

13. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

66m is the population of the UK

14. Cliftonville

I was referring to England but either way if I include all nations of the UK this wave of racism as a notion is absurd.

15. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Last night there was a demonstration of Jews at the BBC, complaining about their perceived view of the corporations reporting of stories involving the Jewish community.

Several weeks ago a bus load of Jewish children celebrating a Jewish holiday in the west end of London were subjected to severe abuse, nazi salutes and spitting.

As far as I am aware this incident never made the national news but was reported on the BBC website, as 'alleged' anti semitic insults against the children on the bus but stated as 'fact' that an anti muslim insult had been said to the 'alleged' attackers by somebody on the bus. But are unable or unwilling to show any evidence of that 'fact'.

This is shoddy journalism yet again by the BBC and then a circling of the wagons, it is about time that a senior editor is sacked for failing to check the voracity of their reporting or put up and shut and show the evidence if they have any.

People shouting, spitting, offering nazi salutes and trying to break windows is clearly visible on the video that emerged the very next day but apparently that is 'alleged anti semitism', the unverified remark from the bus is fact.