1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The impartial BBC

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Cliftonville, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Well said.

2. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

**** me guys you're joking right? 'Lovely' was clearly sarcastic. I have Covid myself right this second along with my entire household, I'm not actually glad that 50,000 people have died from it. I've put god knows how many posts on here criticising our response because of the sadness of so many deaths. I can't decide if you're deliberately twisting my post or if you're genuinely missing it.

But sure, carry on being offended at a word but ignoring @oneforthebristolcity who thinks 50,000 Covid deaths is "all bullshit". :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes:

3. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for not only the 50,000 that died TESTING positive for covid (not OF covid), (even though you can test positive even without covid symptoms) but all the people that are sick, or old or who have died and their loved ones unable to see or be with them. The 1000s of people, with Cancer and other life threatening illnesses who's operations have been cancelled or postponed, that will reduce their chances of survival, (I know a few).
    If they don't, I'm sure they'll be added to the misleading and flawed 50k list if their test has a positive reading. Bit more fuel to the fire Rob can play with!!

4. BCFCRob

Didn't want to add any more fuel to the fire, I came in to make a post about the BBC but then the snowflake generation got offended over a word.

5. oneforthebristolcity

Snowflake generation <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>...........................That is brilliant

6. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Yes it's terrible isn't it how a seemingly innocent 'word' can cause such indignation?

Some people have lost their livelyhoods over the use of an innocent word, get used to it it's life as we know it now.

Thank your lucky stars you never put it on twitter.

7. oneforthebristolcity

Mate, I really hope you’re not ill with it.
    My daughters mother-in-law to be, has had a heart bypass operation cancelled 3 times since June and still waiting. I have a really good friend that has 2 tumours in his liver, operation cancelled twice and now has to go for another pre op to see if it’s spread any further..
    It’s ridiculous as we’re nowhere near the levels we had back in April. All out of proportion.

8. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

My granddaughter who is an intensive care nurse, has just given birth to our great grandson and to be honest was pretty much left to her own devices until she actually went into labour and she is somebody who had previously had a miscarriage.

9. BCFCRob

When I said offended over a word, I meant you lot getting angry over my sarcastic use of 'lovely'. If you're referring to the Clarke stuff, I'm with you all the way :emoticon-0148-yes:.

I'm barely ill at all, I'm extremely lucky, but thanks very much :emoticon-0148-yes:. My housemates are worse off but pulling through now.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  10. oneforthebristolcity

Just found this from the BBC, I think you were looking for..
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54908680

UK became the first country in Europe to pass 50,000 Covid deaths.
    The UK has become the first country in Europe to pass 50,000 coronavirus deaths, according to the latest government figures.
    I see they still don't report the deaths as "with Covid". So we are all still led to believe that all of these deaths are from covid alone....
    Have we ever been given the figures in 1000s of just Flu Deaths?.....No......Why is that?

11. oneforthebristolcity

Double standards or what.....Just watching BBC points West..
    You can be arrested and fined up to £10,000 for peacefully marching and joining in an Anti lockdown protest.....
    But it was fine for BLM, protesters across the Country and fine to vandalise statues & monuments along the way with no fines or arrests.......in fact I felt "encouraged".

I'm scratching my head thinking, what has become of this Country...:emoticon-0121-angry

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-anti-lockdown-protest-police-4693813

12. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Simple, it all comes down to investigating and prosecuting without fear or favour and (this I am sure will piss Rob off more than he already is) that started to die a death when the DPP, the head of the CPS, the police and local politicians never applied that very simple cornerstone of the UK justice system during the Asian grooming gang scandal and the head of the CPS was Sir Keir Starmer, who actively encouraged police forces not pursue such cases for fear of stirring up racial tension.

They had the leader of the Rochdale gang (an illegal immigrant, still in this country) bang to rights with DNA having fathered an aborted child of a 13 year girl and he refused to prosecute because he claimed she was an unreliable witness, the man is a C U Next Tuesday.

13. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

14. BCFCRob

Yeah it is on there, I acknowledged that in my very first post on it. But only via search as far as I can tell. I couldn’t find any “natural” journey there.

15. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

Blimey ROB not the most careful use of a word for a very sad milestone … Have deleted the original comments I was going to post, but decided to read on through and list replies where pertinent to posts instead of 1 by 1!
    Noted you found a shovel to dig .. partly out the hole. I don't think the drift of the post leans toward any of it being sarcastic, I picked up straight away and so did a number of others!

Really a snow flake generation! They say the lockdown affects people in different ways, now as a defence for your error you are calling peeps snowflakes!

to compare would take an essay! covid and flu are like chalk and cheese? simply THERE IS NO TEST FOR FLU! I can remember back late 50's the chip shop owner in Castle Cary died quite suddenly, and my mum and gran were talking about it...the reason! .. one of them said they think it was cancer but put natural causes because he was over 65!

managed to catch an interview on the tele regarding the vaccine and Asian's being 1.5x more likely and black's 2x more likely to catch it.. they interviewed a black UBER taxi driver aged 57? [ 50's anyways ] he said "black people should be first in the que" ……………. better not write any more about this!!!!!!!!

16. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

[QUOTE="realred1952, post: 14308716, member: 1049859"
    managed to catch an interview on the tele regarding the vaccine and Asian's being 1.5x more likely and black's 2x more likely to catch it.. they interviewed a black UBER taxi driver aged 57? [ 50's anyways ] he said "black people should be first in the que" ……………. better not write any more about this!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

'Queue'
    I know you didn't want to write anymore <laugh>

17. oneforthebristolcity

Watched David Lammy on Question Time.....What an absolute dickhead, can't stand the bloke (never have) and for me the kind of person that will jeopardise integration amongst our society ....How he responds to any question makes my blood boil & any wonder why some people react the way they do towards race.
    The twat has two agendas when answering questions......
    1. Everything is, how's it going to affect Black & ethnic people?.....not interested what so ever in anyone else, has no interest in society, together as a whole.
    2. To bring the government down in whatever shape or form. Ready to pounce and be negative on every single measure put in place, nothing constructive, nothing of any encouragement only criticism.....When the discussion, regarding whom should be at the top of the list for the vaccine..his answer had no interest in the old and vulnerable or care workers. just where does the black & ethnic minority feature on the list as they have a higher risk factor (apparently)...
    I understand that you have to speak and look after your own.....but it was so blatant & discarding to the rest of society it was shameful......

Redprintt likes this.
  18. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I can't stand the biased invited audience pre Covid so I don't watch.
    However I tried again last night and couldn't agree more with 1For.
    I managed 15 minutes and turned it off solely because of Lammy.
    Like others on the left, including the BBC, they hate England.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  19. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

David Lammy described during the height of the expenses scandal by the lib dems as "the one who got away" over his enormous yearly expenses claims.

20. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Thorough condemnation today to the several hundred anti lockdown protestors in Bristol at the weekend from the BBC and Police.

A complete opposite to the response to BLM protests attended by thousands.