1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The impartial BBC

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Cliftonville, Sep 30, 2020.

1. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

2. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

that's because it is not the s**t they are after but the fact "hey ho " away we go... good news!

3. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Here's another thing about the dear old unbiased BBC and people who love a good demo.

A month ago even the Guardian reported on the plight of the ethnic cleansing of China's very small muslim population. Reporting on the concentration camps and the destruction of hundreds of mosques.

The last BBC mention was early October where Dominic Raab MP said the UK would consider banning UK representation at the next winter olympics.

I would have thought that the BBC would be all over this and I would have thought that UK muslims instead of demonstrating against cartoons/France/Macron should turn their attention to the plight of their brother muslims, where real people and I repeat brother muslims are suffering.

The hypocrisy is beyond belief, I can only assume they do not belong to the correct muslim 'gang'.

4. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

If it helps, given we disagree on pretty much everything on here <laugh>, I completely agree with this. I think there's an argument to be had that if you're on the left, you can't support gay rights and support raw-form Islam (for want of a better term) without contradicting yourself somewhat. Obviously not all Muslims are homophobic, and just like all religions, many have adapted how they follow their faith to support LGBT people, but most worldwide I'd assume have not.

5. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I am a confirmed atheist so this easy for me.

And to be fair all religions have a problem with LGBT and womens rights, C of E, Catholic church are in some quarters almost as bad, the difference being most other religions say that these people will go the hell, sadly Islam (in some quarters) advocates violence and worse.

You are correct not all muslims advocate this neither do all of the followers of other religions.

The real problem is we allow religious leaders of all religions to get away with public utterances of homophobia and misogyny, but I would be prosecuted if I posted something like that on this forum or was overheard by somebody else in a public place, this is yet another issue that goes against the grain of people like myself who believe in democracy and the rule of law to applied to all and without fear or favour, something that is no longer a cornerstone of being British.

Redprintt likes this.
  6. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

BBC headline.

"Trump Falsely Claims Fraud". How would they know? Are the BBC responsible for counting the votes?

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  7. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I am about to change my car today and in preparation removed all non essential stuff like my music.

So decided to listen to BBC 5 live during yestday for a change.

What did I learn.

1. A female presenter interviewing a consultant reference lockdown, the consultant seemed apolitical and agreeing with every aspect of the lockdown despite questions primed at attempting to obtain a negative comment about the government, her final try was "do you believe that Boris Johnson, overreacted with his doomsday prediction of the NHS being overwhelmed in weeks, if we don't enter lockdown", to which he replied "no he was right to point out the worst case scenario".

Nice try luv.

2. Later in the day a male presenter interviewing a woman, I missed who and what she was, but it was like a PMQ's in it's attacking of the government, as the interview came to a close the interviewer said "without anymore politics and political points scoring, can I have your final word on the 2nd lockdown?". Even he was pissed off with it.

Nice one mate.

3. Later in the evening a female BBC reporter was in Indiana USA interviewing voters and political activists about the election and what I noticed was she was very professional and even handed in her approach, but every time she interviewed a Democrat boy were they nasty and aggressive and mainly female (seems to be the left's way these days) and it was left to a 24 year old Republican activist to say "whoever wins tonight, the country needs to unite behind them to fight this virus and mend this broken country".

Refreshing that a younger man brought sanity to the proceedings.

8. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Well Joe Biden doesn't much like the BBC, so it's official now then.

9. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Off on a bit of a tangent, although still involving the BBC. Why does the BBC Sport app carry Womens Super League football results before those of the mens FA Cup 1st Round matches ?
    That's not a sexist comment by the way, just an observation which I personally think is wrong on many levels.

10. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

And why do they show the Scottish Premiership in preference to the English Championship.
    Rangers and Celtic in a Pub League.

11. oneforthebristolcity

It's the way our main stream media works nowadays, leaning away from all the, so say...(fill in the blank) ..( ...... )ist's of this world....showing how diverse they all are. They like to tip it further to make us take extra (in your face) notice..................................like we need it!!

Angelicnumber16 and Redprintt like this.
  12. BCFCRob

Yeah I do agree with you but it's not as if it's new. When I was a kid you used to get a really wide range of sports on BBC, most of which I couldn't give two ****s about, but it's because it's a broadcaster designed to serve everybody isn't it, I guess? The women's leagues are getting bigger and it's inclusion isn't too dissimilar to how I remember the BBC being in the mid 90's. If anything it's exclusion for so long is more surprising.

Not saying it's right by the way, but it's not exactly unexpected I don't think.

13. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

The BBC probably think that if their female employees see this, they will see how inclusive the BBC are and they will forget that they are being f***** over when it comes to the gender pay gap.

14. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

This one is a cracker.

April/May 2019 Rakhid Ismail became the first mayor to wear a hijab (labour) and the dear old un impartial BBC were all over it.

September 2020 she quit the labour party citing racism as the reason and today she joined the tory party.

All I can find on the BBC news website is from April/May 2019 as a hijab wearing labour mayor and nothing since, obviously not newsworthy enough for the un impartial BBC.

Mind you she was the mayor of Islington and i'm sure that one of the Islington MP's was once quite high up in the party?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ngton-labour-racism-islamophobia-b963658.html

15. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

I thought similar, … before the championship also!

16. BCFCRob

We hit the lovely 50,000 milestone of Covid deaths, first country in Europe to do so. Can't see a peep on the BBC website without specifically searching for it though, once again...

17. oneforthebristolcity

Yeah because it's all Bullshit............
    Not so important any more now the US election is over and we have this Miracle vaccine!!

Pandemic. what pandemic!!

50,000 milestone...With or Of....If tested, I wonder how many died with the flu virus or with any other virus.............oh no, they don't test for that!!

Many Countries count their figures differently to us....so we won't know

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  18. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Should have put troops on the ground and shot anybody who ignored lockdown rules.

The problem is the figures have been complied by the ONS contrary to the advice of the WHO and we now know to our cost that far too many people in the UK cannot act like adults, because they are self serving entitled morons.

Angelicnumber16 and Redprintt like this.
  19. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Lovely ????

20. remembergou

remembergou Active Member

Hardly a decent way, rather disrespectful to be blunt, to express the very sad number of death's in these very trying times. I am afraid my opinion of you has gone down a couple of notch's. Nobody knows for absolute sure whether Covid -19 was a singularly direct cause of death. It is likely many of these poor souls were innocent parties in contracting it, and most likely a majority did endeavour to follow the guidelines.
    I feel very sad that some of my generation are irresponsible idiots and believe life should just go on as if nothing has or is happening. The likely hood is the pandemic will cause a £trillion of debt, it will need to be paid off in the next 10 to 20 years. Guess who will be paying that?

Jiffie likes this.