1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

What a shame. That’s the risk you run at Chelsea, it’s a revolving door regarding managers, if the new one comes in and wants to bring his own players you find yourself out in the cold, ask Drinkwater.
    I see Fofana getting game time but he’d have been much better off with us for one more season.

nzfoxfan and Foxy in Foyle like this.
  2. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

Surely it must be Brendan's last game in charge tomorrow as nobody can survive 6 defeats on the bounce also there is the 2 week international break where if it happens a new manager will have a bit of time to bed in. I think if it does happen we will see Sean Dyche unveiled next week.
    Then again Leicester being Leicester will undoubtedly thrash Spurs tomorrow!!

3. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

If we don't see any improvement in organisation then we'll be entitled to ask what they've been doing over the last fortnight. However it wouldn't come as a surprise to find out Brendan had been perfecting a system that he won't actually use on match day. Hopefully we'll see Iversen in goal and our new centre half

Sean Dyche would be a massive step backwards in my opinion, although he might instil some kind of discipline and fight into the players in the short term, but long term I don't see him as the answer. Plus getting rid of the current manager will be mighty expensive.

4. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Unconvinced that a defeat to a 'big six' club will result in the sack. Defeat to villa might have tipped the scales but although Spurs haven't actually won anything for 150 years <laugh> they're still big six club and a match we wouldn't be expecting a result from. Sadly, I think Brendan isn't off yet.

5. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Wait for the customary Harry Kane double!!

6. Foxy in Foyle

It's a given. Son hasn't scored in ages so we'll help end that run. And Richarlison likes a goal against us.

7. leicesterlove

Still can’t defend set pieces after all this time, keep giving the ball away cheaply, goalie who looks exceptionally dodgy with the ball at his feet. I think that was. Brendan’s last stand. Two weeks to appoint a new manager. The tools are all there, they just need to be used properly, it seems he’s lost his way altogether.

8. oozkan

oozkan Member

Indeed, I still don't get why Cag's out, he is not signing a new contract, so what, Leicester is paying his wages for this season, definetely better and more motivated than current crap defensive line.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  9. Captainpancakes

Captainpancakes Well-Known Member

I think you should forget Fofana and stop laughing mate because you need to win a game and look in serious trouble mate.

I tried tipping you off pre season, but you wouldn't listen and and think you know finally understand the situation.

I understand how that feels, so I'm here to offer you my condolences.

Who's replacing Rodgers ?

10. BucksFox

I thought some individuals had good performances yesterday - JJ (apart from his one mistake), Maddison yet again and Daka. Why Daka was taken off and replaced by Jamie No Touches Vardy was an insult. If it hadn't been for individual errors (and that includes mismatched marking from set pieces) we could have done much better than the result suggests.

Our build-up is so slow. I know we play a possession-based game, but by the time we decide to move the ball forwards we have 11 opponents in front of us but we don't have the players of the ability like Man City to unlock defences and create chances in tight spaces.

The balance still seems all wrong. Playing a flat back 4 highlights the fact we don't have a right sided player to support the right back when he goes forward. Maddison isn't that player. Why not play a central back 3 with Soyuncu - who at least has speed to compensate for Evans - and perhaps drop Tielemans to the bench?

11. HarboroughFox

I thought Maddison was excellent yesterday. Daka had one of his best games for us, just wished he took the ball in to the area with his 1 on 1 rather than shooting early!

I think if Brenda isn't sacked today, then Top will give him until the World Cup break. If we are still struggling in the relegation zone, I think he will pull the plug.

I feel for Dennis Praet who can't get a kick at the moment and I think it is time to give Iverson a chance, after all, he CAN'T do any worse.

It was never a 6-2 game, but we got punished for virtually every mistake we made.

With conceding so many from set pieces, why don't we leave 3 players on the half way line. It will free up space for the keeper to come and collect. If we concede virtually every time from a corner with 11 players in our box, then it's time to try something different.

When the opposition get a corner, the ref may as well put the ball on the penalty spot!!!

Forest is a MUST win game!!!

12. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

I think Brenda has become a little too arrogant and stubborn ... he made Jonny Evans captain but it looks like his legs have gone ... but Brenda has made him captain so he plays ... either Cags or Vestergaard (or both) needs to be given an opportunity - both looked fine in pre-season ...

The keeper - loyalty is great - but reality is that Danny Ward has been awful ... Iversen has had one opportunity and kept a clean sheet and saved 3 penalties - he's also much more of an imposing physical presence - has to be given the nod.

HarboroughFox, BucksFox and nzfoxfan like this.
  13. BucksFox

Our style of play has become so predictable. It has been the same for too long - knock it across the back line until Ndidi or Tielemans can find a couple of yards of space then play it into them. Opponents have long since sussed us out and now have forwards who know where the next pass is going and are waiting to pounce. Saturday's match was a prime example. If we do manage to beat the press we are faced with a defence that has had time to organise and drop deep to deny our strikers space behind.

I agree with Harborough over corners. Bringing all 10 outfield players into the area just encourages the opposition to bring more of their players in and win second ball. Leave at least Daka (or Vardy) and Barnes on the halfway line. Maybe putting a defender on the post might help. Maybe too radical for today's 'set piece' coaches. How come my careers adviser at school never told me about that job?

Every game up to the new year is now a must win, or at least must not lose, game. Otherwise Top will have no choice but to buy Brendan a nice, shiny new bike and tell him to get on it.

HarboroughFox likes this.
  14. Foxy in Foyle

Congratulations Jonny!

15. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Brenda appears to want to persist with Ward in goal ... got all bullish in recent interview - daft decision if he does IMHO - any outfield player making as many individual errors as DW has done so far would definitely be dropped ... rant over :mad:

16. leicesterlove

I’m worried Rodgers has had too long to think about this game and he’s going to put out some left field team/formation which is going to backfire on him.
    Anything but a win and it will be curtains, I’m surprised he’s still in a job to be honest.

17. HarboroughFox

I'm expecting Vardy to start tonight. I think if we go a goal down early on, we could lose by 3 or 4 as the crowd will be toxic.

Saying that, if we get the first goal then anything could happen.

I don't think this will be 0-0......more like 6-5

18. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Just hoping Brenda's ego doesn't get in the way of a sensible, given our defensive frailty, team selection... I'd start Faes and Vestergaard as the central defensive partnership ...

19. BucksFox

If we get the first goal the only thing that will happen is that Brenda will try and defend it rather than go for more, take Maddison and a striker off and replace them with a couple of square pegs that he will try and place in round holes, we'll then concede at least once and at the final whistle he'll moan about players not keeping the formation.

HarboroughFox likes this.
  20. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Much better... and credit where due, Danny Ward made a couple of fine saves tonight at crucial times ... let's go on a win spree now lads <cheers>