1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

If he was **** Rodgers wouldnt want him here

At Celtic you can buy anyone and still win the league

At Sunderland he basically needed to buy a new team as they was all crap. Yes he wasnt too clever there though

Here all he needs to is find us a striker or 2 and a winger. Buy Tielemans and summer is done

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

This is the more polite articles about him - https://www.heraldscotland.com/spor...on-follows-brendan-rodgers-to-leicester-city/

I have been trying to find positive articles about him but can't find any...

3. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Our club normally gets it right and this is a position where they’ve always been particularly good... not what I wanted at all though. Really thought they’d get Walsh back

4. Proud Fox

B28CA365-79B9-4DBF-BFC2-8BF7043C79AB.png
    While being injured Daniel Amartey has been busying growing a pineapple on his head

leicester_ed likes this.
  5. leicester_ed

So... hypothetically.... if Tielemans doesn’t stay, is there anyone creative who can play deep who people would particularly like to go after to play alongside N’didi?

6. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Pogba is rumoured to want to leave...

But realistically, we aren't linked with any other CMs - Rafa Silva and Hakan Calhanoglu could do a job but both are LWs.

7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Don't know why people do this - if I could grow dreadlocks, I'd 100% would want to have the Edgar Davids over the Jason Lee.

8. leicester_ed

Also, did anyone else notice at the walk-round at the end that both Demarai Gray and Hamza Choudhury had children? Very young!

9. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Having sat through another game of Man City's version of football chess during the FA Cup Final at the weekend, I wondered what style of football you'd want your team to play if you had a choice between the Liverpool approach and the Man City one.

I must admit that Man City's performance on Saturday was lulling me into a comatose state until De Bruyne came on. His introduction into the game brought the first glimmer of passion in that side. We suddenly had someone who wanted to drive forward and make something happen instantaneously rather than just move the ball from side to side waiting for a lapse in concentration from the opposition.

Don't get me wrong. I understand how skilful their play is and how good their movement and spatial awareness are. But it has started to bore me witless over 90 minutes. As a spectator I want to be excited by what's happening on the pitch and see some real passion, not induced into a deep sleep. I used to enjoy Barca's tika taka football because I only got to see it every few months. But now we get Man City on the box every week and it is getting tedious as a spectacle.

Anybody feel likewise?

Lcfcfox1 likes this.
  10. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I agree, I find Man City dull as. Prefer Liverpool with their higher tempo. Everyone raves over Man City but they shell out £50mill a player, anyone should win the treble with that much resource yet Pep is hailed as a football god. Unfortunately I think we’ll become a Germany/Italy where it’s obvious who will win and everyone else plays for second

11. Proud Fox

I prefer Liverpool all day long. They get you on the edge of your seat and you get great entertainment and great football

Man City pass teams to death but still brilliant but for me I prefer Klopp’s style to Pep’s

12. Proud Fox

Worth a read. Its Kasper Schmeichel talking about his move from Leeds to Leicester. I wonder who Sven was on about we was far down the line with signing a keeper as we only brought Schmeichel that summer and had Chris Weale back up. We all wanted Kieran Westwood from Cov at the time on a free but he went Sunderland. So maybe it was him

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...sper-schmeichel-reveals-carnage-leeds-2901403

13. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

It doesn't quite read properly to me, he'd asked Sven to get him out of Leeds and then had said no to joining Leicester <confused>

It sounds like it should have read that he'd said no to Leeds offer of reserve football the following season.

14. Proud Fox

Watch from 16:00

Worth a watch tbf but their 3 videos which are quite long but very insightful on Kasper’s career

15. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Just thought I would mention the U20 world Cup is underway and what a start, New Zealand 5 Honduras 0. Only NZ,s third ever win at a men's U20 world cup. Great performance. Football is developing well here with the girls finishing third in the women's U20 world cup earlier this year.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  16. Proud Fox

Got to feel sorry for their fans

17. Proud Fox

Hamza Choudhury, Harvey Barnes, Demarai Gray and James Maddison have all been called up for England U21’s for the European championship #lcfc

FosseFilberto likes this.
  18. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

So who do we want to win today? ... the ***** or the ***** <laugh>

19. Proud Fox

Can they both lose?

Of the 2 if I was forced to choose one to win I would have the Sheep. That way we get an east midlands derby again. Not had one in years

20. Proud Fox

So its Villa back in the Prem. Dont really want them back in the Prem but didnt really want Derby. Didnt want Leeds or West Brom either

What a **** play off line up this year was