1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

2. Proud Fox

B3A6A34D-64C3-442D-A145-31FD5402BC2D.jpeg

Seems they had more then 1 banner

3. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

So Newcastle to become the latest team to be bank rolled by oil money. Great.
    If teams like Newcastle and Wolves spend their way into creating a top 8 and blow teams like us and Watford who try to be sustainable what does that mean for the game in this country? There’s only a limited amount of European places available so the worrying thing for me is that it could completely become a closed shop as far as any European qualification is concerned

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are bank rolled by beer money - Top is one of the richest chairmen in the Premier League and can easily match the spending of those other teams if he so chooses. Hopefully our fickle fans don't start demanding that he does...

5. JohnTheFox

I don’t pretend to know, only guessing from what I see elsewhere but I think Top’s money will pale into insignificance compared to the likes of Wolves owner and this Newcastle one if it happens. Even Everton I thought had a wealthier owner? We don’t splash cash on the playing side from Top’s pockets anyway. Generally we are self sustaining from player sales and genuine revenue? I love the fact we have a young, mainly homegrown squad and 3 local academy players in/around the 11. I just think of these kind of take overs keep happening you’ll get clubs with owners such as Fosun at Wolves let alone those like Top who just won’t get a look in to European football

6. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

That exactly is it - can we compete with that model or will Top need to reach into his pockets? Will our fans keep the faith or start demanding that he does - seeing how our fans have been acting over the past couple of seasons, I'm predicting the latter.

We are owned by the King Power International Group who are worth double the Everton owners - only teams with richer owners in the Premier League are Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wolves and now Villa (was Fulham). Technically Spurs as well but they don't spend any money so don't count https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_owners_of_English_football_clubs

7. JohnTheFox

That’s interesting reading. Worth more than some big clubs like Arsenal and Man U? Isn’t there some issue around losing the duty free monopoly?
    I think we sum it up between us. I’m not sure our current method could guarantee competing but the owners seem to have more wealth than I thought if needed. The more consecutive years we are in the prem we should have more potential around FFP

8. Proud Fox

I dont want us to spend mad. Im more then happy with the investment King Power make do here. We spent money without going stupid

You cant fault Vichai or Top for anything since they brought the club. Only really questionable decision they have made was sacking Nigel Pearson and brining in Claudio. That worked out alright

We have achieved our goals and dreams on the current level of investment so dont need to go stupid like no doubt Newcastle will

9. Proud Fox

Foreign owners often want quick results and success on the pitch. King Power have developed every aspect of our club. Some of the other clubs owners will pull the plug when they are bored and dont try to build sustainable success

10. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

You don’t have to spend silly though. Just need a good head of recruitment and the williness to pay a little over the odds for that one player you really want and then sit tight again.

We’re yet to see on Lee Congerton but that model we already do and do well.

11. Proud Fox

The model of buying young player like Maguire, Maddison, Ricardo, Soyuncu, Benkovic, Iheanacho, Ndidi etc. Will always work. Say we sold them all today. While we would take a hit on Iheanacho the profit margins on Maguire, Ricardo, Maddison, Ndidi etc will always bring in a huge profit

Thats why I want to club to continue this model. We get exciting young players not players here for a wage

I much prefer us chasing players like Youri Tielemans, Jarrod Bowen, Harry Wilson and Che Adams who fit in with the rest of the squad to people like Arjen Robben

12. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Agree totally. The trouble is you have to keep getting it right. We could overnight loose Chilwell and Maguire and bank a couple of truck loads of money. You then have to hope our recruitment or development is right because with the money floating around if we don't spend big on proven performers then quite quickly we could be sucked into the bottom half dozen. I just hope our younger players see the value in playing every week by staying and not get sucked in by the bright lights. Robben is 34? Worked once with Cambiasso but we have had more failures than success in bringing in old stars. Now rambling and arguing against myself, apologies.

Lcfcfox1 likes this.
  13. Proud Fox

14. Proud Fox

Heres the players who are out of contract and have been released

Max Bramley, George Heaven, Kairo John-Edwards, Joszef Keaveny, Davide Lorenzo, Habib Makanjuola, Alassane Meite, Harrison Myring, Shinji Okazaki, Louis Ramsay, Danny Simpson, Lamine Kaba Sherif

15. Proud Fox

Kelechi Iheanacho has been cut from Nigeria’s final 23 man squad for the african cup of nations.

Wilfred Ndidi is included

16. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

No surprise as he has been poor last season - hopefully a proper preseason will help him in the next.

Ndidi being in the squad could mean opportunities for Choudhury and Mendy early in the season depending on how far Nigeria go in the tournament..

17. Proud Fox

There manager came out and said Iheanacho has changed. He said he is very quiet now and just lacking in confidence

He had a very good pre season last year scoring goals and with Vardy’s late return was expected to do well. Just never got going

18. Proud Fox

Scotland are trying to get Harvey Barnes to switch allegiance to them

19. Proud Fox

Watch this video. ****ing hilarious. Its Jak Hickman. He is a Coventry youth player. Yet to make his league debut and spend last season on loan to non league Hereford

In the video he appears to take drugs, says “**** Cov, im leaving”. “My pockets are heavy” applying he is rich. Dont think league 1 youth players are that well paid tbh.

Funniest thing is no one has ever heard of him and he is going on like he is some sort of big deal. All the Cov fans dont give a **** if he stays or goes before the video and now want the little **** sacked

20. Proud Fox

U21’s euros start today. We have the joint highest along with Genk of 7 players playing

James Maddison, Harvey Barnes, Hamza Choudhury and Demarai Gray (England)

Filip Benkovic (Croatia)

Alex Pascanu (Romania)

Daniel Iversen (Denmark)

Bartosz Kaputska has a serious injury so misses out for Poland