1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Everyone likes Kingy, and I'd be happy to keep him, he's just part of the fixtures and fittings now. But he's only 30 and I couldn't begrudge him getting regular 1st team football elsewhere given that he's only a few seasons left.

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Always had a soft spot for King ever since he captained my Leicester City side to the Champions League in my Football Manager game years ago.

Also this:

please log in to view this image

3. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I guess we know why Maguire got himself sent off, so he could spent time with his fiancée who was about to give birth which she’s done to a little girl so congratulations to them. Apparently 9 months to the day since the Columbia World Cup win, I’m sure that meme of him from the World Cup will be doing the rounds again <laugh>

4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

5. Proud Fox

Check this striker out from Ritchie De Laet. He now plays as a striker for Melbourne

Was a very good player for us, just was too prone to switching off which is why he didnt make it in the Prem. Who knows where we would have ended up had he not started the comeback against Villa

nzfoxfan likes this.
  6. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

If you watch A League keep an eye out for the young boy Sarpreet Singh for the Phoenix. Great number 10 with a lot of potential.

7. Proud Fox

Danny Drinkwater has smashed into another car while suspected drink driving. Apparently he has hit the bottle quite hard recently

523EEE0A-96C2-4502-9A2A-940C0284C32D.jpeg

Grass isnt always greener.

8. Proud Fox

Drinky has now been charged with drink driving

What an idiot

9. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

In Danny's case, I don't think there is even any grass. Needs a move or he'll have no career left.

10. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

Really has gone wrong for him. From playing for England on the brink of the Euro 16 squad, to being completely forgotten. He should move and take a pay cut if necessary, someone will be getting a decent player still with something to offer, unless he’s happy to pick up his extortionate wages for doing nothing (apart from drink driving and having a hair transplant!)

11. Proud Fox

The Chelsea move seemed strange at the time. Of all our players who won the title Drinkwater was the one least likely to play at a top club

Kante and Mahrez are good enough to play for anyone. Kante especially

Vardy would have been an impact sub for the big clubs

Drinkwater just wasnt going to be more then a squad player at best. And to sign for Chelsea who already had depth in midfield was stupid beyond belief. At least if he went back to Man U or even Arsenal he would have had a chance of getting some games

12. Proud Fox

CB9C43EE-7C3A-47E4-9A52-FE29C957301C.jpeg

Harry Maguire’s boots on Friday

Foxy in Foyle likes this.
  13. nzfoxfan

Just wondering if Proud and B Fox will agree on anything. Think they should have their own thread and just argue about a different topic each week, onlookers award points or such like. It would be a 52 week season though so not sure when it would end.

BigFox, Lcfcfox1 and JohnTheFox like this.
  14. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

He just seems to hate my opinion no matter what it is - latest arguement started because I agreed with him.

Either way apologies if I'm annoying you all.

15. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

16. nzfoxfan

Not annoying at all, look forward to the latest round every time I log on. Nothing wrong with either one of you standing up for what you believe in.

17. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

http://sportwitness.co.uk/resentment-claude-puel-quizzed-player-power-leicester-city/

Article from Puel conducted originally in French where he naturally manages to communicate better. Think he sums up what those of us who defended him against the hate said really. Did the donkey work, was the fall guy but has left an aging, one dimensional side as he found it into one of the youngest and with a lot brighter future. Someone had to do the job and personally I don’t think we’d have been attracting the likes of Tielemans or Rodgers as manager as we were when Shakespeare left us.
    Interesting that he mentions receiving about 15 messages after we were told that due to there being not mass public messages from players after he left, this meant they all hated him. He mentions the young players straight after so it suggests to me that there may have been a fear to upset the senior players by publically thanking him over social media or whatever so they messaged individually, privately.
    It does show that the player power is still alive and this is Rodgers biggest task. What will Vardy, Schmeichel and co do in a few weeks when they get bored of Rodgers? Hopefully he genuinely has got them on side with his more engaging personality and not doubt it is a better fit at this stage going forwards but it’s always a worry with players like this around.

18. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I think it was time he moved on but am greatful for his transition work and the squad he left behind.

Foxy in Foyle and JohnTheFox like this.
  19. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Apparently these are next season's kit.

Looks like generic templates again but the pink stand out at least.

Lcfcfox1 likes this.
  20. Proud Fox