1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Big Meeting

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

The Trust say the big three points are:

"We'll be asking for meaningful discount for all concessions with no (limit, I assume) on how many can be bought. We'll call for continued dialogue between owners and supporters, with greater clarity on invitee selection process. And of course, the club have to start using their proper name."

I reall don't think clarity on invitee selection process is the biggest issue facing us.

I'd go with the two big issues. Anything else about the gate, Airco or not buying the stadium will allow him to wander off on a long diatribe.

2. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I seem to recall getting abuse for daring to question the selection process for previous events. I guess something has changed.

EDIT to add that I agree that it does need looking at, to show that it is representative.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  3. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

So the big issue of the name, it's has already been decided upon by the FA and yet the stealth rebrand goes on (within the rules) At another supporters meeting it was said that this is not club policy, so what do those at the meeting say or do?

Edit. When is this big meeting taking place?

Lincoln Tiger likes this.
  4. Chazz Rheinhold

Why Dutch? And who decides what's representative?

5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

If the selection process isn't clear, there's the real risk of people pushing their own agenda, perhaps in the misguided belief that they're representative.

Who decides what's representative is a bitch of a question, but attendees being able to demonstrate they have a mandate from a section of fans would be a start.

6. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Will probably be the world's shortest meeting as the Allams have never compromised on anything they are always right

dennisboothstash and Edelman like this.
  7. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Going in with demands rather than suggestions and conversation, is a sure fire way of making that come true. The trick is to get them to believe that what you want is actually their idea.

One technique could be to push for the opposite of what you want.

Wishing they were something other than what they are, or setting out to prove precisely that, isn't liable to be productive.

johnbo and Chazz Rheinhold like this.
  8. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

Agreed. They will always oppose what you want so ask for what you don't want and it's job done <party>

johnbo likes this.
  9. Chazz Rheinhold

I think you have to demand concessions be reinstated though. But what if they agree but not till next season?? Is that enough? Can you trust them?
    I would like to see the whole of west upper given to schools at a pound a ticket. For the rest of this season.

10. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Clearly fans are not in a position to demand anything. All that does is get their backs up, be that right or wrong.

It can be still be made clear what preferences are, but approaching in a way that suggests you're building on things, rather than destructing them, could as an an example lead to a situation where they realise that free tickets to youngsters in the upper west, gets them kudos and could lead to cash, so could be worth adjusting the membership scheme, all for no real expense.

11. Chazz Rheinhold

I didn't mean to say demand :emoticon-0111-blush

DMD likes this.
  12. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I’m still not convinced it will happen

ImperialTiger and balkan tiger like this.
  13. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

You’re right, and it is difficult
    It’s a bit like the death penalty (bear with me!) in that I could only trust in it being used if I decided whether the button was pushed or not. Therefore I don’t trust it being used

14. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

Here's how it will go - IF old man is there there'll be much slagging of the council and the few ungrateful hooligan fans who are preventing Hull Allam Tigers from progressing, there could also be random references re. cancer cures, CV's and other such off-the-wall, non-related bollocks ....... vague promises will be made, nothing will change.

If old man's not there - one of the club stooges will waffle along, nodding sagely at any complaints that may be uttered, he'll once again push the line that their is no agenda to steadfastly refuse to use the club name ........ vague promises will be made, nothing will change.

Nothing's going to change until they've gone; they'll go when the parachute payments are done and any saleable assets sold - my gut feeling is they would hope to leave us days away from administration when they leave, which is exactly where they found us. I'd love to think otherwise but not one single thing this family has done makes me think there'll be even a sniff of compromise.

15. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I believe they were put to the club as the three main points for discussion, rather than demands.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  16. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

"We'll be asking for meaningful discount for all concessions with no (limit, I assume) on how many can be bought. We'll call for continued dialogue between owners and supporters, with greater clarity on invitee selection process. And of course, the club have to start using their proper name."

It's maybe the way I'm reading it, but I can see Allam reading those more like demands than position statements or talking points.

17. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I said what was put to the club.

18. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I said what they've reported they were putting to the club.

It's academic, they'll do what they do, however they choose to do it.

19. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

The missing word was 'restrictions'.

Personally the selection process isn't a huge issue for me either, but some other trust directors are concerned about it and a lot of fans have raised it as an issue. For me, the important thing is that the Allams attend these meetings and that they occur on a regular basis.

20. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter who attends or when the meetings are, it's the actions after the meetings that count.