1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Big Meeting

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Are they that stupid that they'd look at a team struggling and think "we don't need anything else."? Obvious answer aside and whatever their intentions, they need to get bodies in and they've only one more chance to do that.

2. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

I'd say Bowen and Grosicki out, cheap replacements in, if that.

3. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

EDIT - misread your post, but I’ll leave this here anyway

4. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

I'm off to search for my old short trousers, cap, leather satchel and pencil case as we speak. If I bring me white Alan Ball boots do you think I might get a game?

amberman8 likes this.
  5. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Agree with all of that, apart from RH.

Wonder if that's been thrown in as a "ok we concede we can't have that".

Commercial agreements are in place for coverage, can't see RH getting back, and I'm not sad about that.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  6. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

My idea of a concession for the young and old, the disabled and all, is half price.

No Ehab, I don't mean make the adult price should be £70 and the concessions £35.

I'm suggesting £25 and £12.50.

A tenner off if you buy a pass.

What's wrong with that?

FILEYseadog likes this.
  7. Steven Toast

That's fair enough, but Viking have made a total hash of the commentary this year. The fact that it was on FM and AM frequencies meant many could tune in while travelling in the car or other places but making it digital has made it harder for many to tune in. And when you actually do tune in, it's one ex-City player who knows their stuff and then some tit who just started watching football this season because he has to for work.

I feel that Burns has his faults and he is a little egocentric, but the commentary was enjoyable for me and many others and he genuinely cares about the club and the fans. I'd welcome the commentary back, but as you said, it's very unlikely while they are there.

8. LeftSaidFred

LeftSaidFred Well-Known Member

Let's be honest here, it doesn't matter whether **** Sr or **** Jr or both show up, or not, if the meeting even happens given the main purpose of Enob's communication last week was to stop Papa being embarrassed in front of Brenda. Nothing is going to change, ****s will continue to **** around like ****s, and they don't really need any new excuses, because bottom line they don't give a toss about anything other than extracting maximum return from the club over the next 1.5 seasons. Anybody who believes otherwise is deluding themselves unfortunately imho. Nobody tells them how to run their business remember.

9. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

QUOTE="Sterling Archer, post: 11148555, member: 1001346"]"Why is it the last two transfer windows we've waited until the very end of the window to strengthen the squad and not given the manager ample opportunity to gel what feels like a young and experienced side? Can we expect the same in January, assuming there are targets we will be pursuing?"

Their very first transfer window, they signed one of our most prolific strikers in recent years before it even opened. I'd like to know why this happened then and now we seem to wait as other teams swoop in, leaving us to chase targets near the bottom of our list.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you will get the same reply he gave in one of his addresses on YouTube. That they waited until the new mansger was in place so he could bring in his own players. We know that is bollocks because Slutski didn't have much imput into who was bought, but that is what he would say, and difficult to prove either way what was the truth of the matter.

10. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Personally I liked RH, and Burnsy particularly, but I agree it stands out as a slightly odd ‘demand’ given that there is a contract in place with Viking

11. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

I'm sure you will get the same reply he gave in one of his addresses on YouTube. That they waited until the new mansger was in place so he could bring in his own players. We know that is bollocks because Slutski didn't have much imput into who was bought, but that is what he would say, and difficult to prove either way what was the truth of the matter.[/QUOTE]

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-boss-leonid-slutsky-348342

Slutsky was totally pissed off with Ehab ****ing about - the signings and the tactics were nothing to do with the manager - he didn't even know why we'd bought Irvine
    answer, Ehab thought if they'd scored against us this season they must be better than what we have, enter Dicko and Irvine

12. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Soz but for some reason the Mugabe thread was closed, so here's one for all you fans of yellow garments.

13. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Yeah I get that. Ironically I (wrongly) assumed that being digital/online, Viking would be easier to get for me than RH is, and of course it isn't.

I'm absolutely not paying for Tiger Player.

I get how RH was almost certainly better for and more popular with certain age groups in and around Hull too, and I do feel sorry for them.

For me, I'd listen for about 10 mins then want to throw something through a window. Burns might be a nice guy, and you can't question his approach to local events and the community, but his football commentary, along with Swan, was just dire.

Doesn't he still go to games and provides updates during them on a normal radio show during a game?

14. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

the similarity is astounding - 11 honorary degrees and clings on despite universal hatred

FILEYseadog likes this.
  15. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

4 isn't important.
    5 is ****ing ridiculous and has nothing to do with the unrest.
    6 isnt viable until we have demand back. Unless they allow the full lot to school kids at a quid a go as a sign of goodwill.

3 hmm I like the idea of independent fans selected at random.

16. Steven Toast

Yeah he still does that. We now get City updates throughout Scunthorpe United or Grimsby games. It’s great.

17. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

The answer to the question in your first sentence is yes.

18. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Nobody tells him how to run his country. Though it seems 200-300 are now against him but everyone else loves him.

19. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

DEMANDS FROM THE FANS - sure, this is an excellent strategy. :emoticon-0105-wink:

#1 - Doesn't sit too well with the Tiger image used.
    #2 - Just a return of reasonable concessions is all that's required; don't really understand the fans bit.
    #3 - If it makes folk happy, although I can't understand why anyone would want to work with them.
    #4 - Pointless; leave it to HCC.
    #5 - Give them feedback on the accessibility and quality, but don't make a demand.
    #6 - Why, there's loads of empty seats already? Or is the demand really for them to be given away?

20. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

:emoticon-0138-think